PDA

View Full Version : Belfast airport jobs

mingmongaloo
29th Jul 2010, 09:58
Hey, just looking for some advice from any employees in Aldergrove or International. Are most ramp jobs handled through recruitment agencies or are they advertised directly? Is easter the main recruitment period? Is it worth sending in a speculative CV or will it just be ignored? Just trying to get as much info as I can, I'm casting the net pretty wide at the minute with working in either airport ideal for me, I don't want to sign a yearlong contract for an office job if all airport recruitment is done in april.

AircraftOperations
29th Jul 2010, 16:15
Thought International and Aldergrove were one and the same?:ugh:

tigger2k8
29th Jul 2010, 21:28
Same airports matey...

No vacancies at BHD or BFS on the ramp until Summer 2011.. even then it will be temporary fixed term contracts ranging from 3-5 months for both Servisair and Menzies. So if you can get a job now outside of an agency, id go for it... not easy to get into the airports here now, and get kept.

Wont do any harm to write a letter to each company at both airports asking about recruitment and when they are set to have vacancies. They should write back, also id put your email address on the letter as they may reply quicker via that (and it saves them the postage fee :})

MADTASS
29th Jul 2010, 22:03
Our Airport at Newquay is the same, Seasonal Contracts Only, can"t see them taking any of the Guys on Permanent this Year. A lot of these smaller Airports are the same but having said that, i would hardly call Belfast that small, i was based at Aldergrove in the 80"s and Belfast seemed fairly busy then. Just for info, i know Serco are covering a lot of Ramp duties at some Military bases, not sure about Northern Ireland though, ever thought of Dublin.

mingmongaloo
30th Jul 2010, 11:12
Haha, doh! I was very tired at the time to be fair. I am of course aware of the distinction between George Best and Aldergrove :ugh:
I've sent my CV to the Servisair location manager at City, will do the same for international. Do Menzies operate out of either, I thought it was just Servisair, for City at least?

tigger2k8
30th Jul 2010, 11:57
Servisair are the main handling agent for flights from the City and Menzies runs a cargo operation.. At the international Servisair run passenger and cargo operations with Menzies just focusing on passenger flights at the minute

Servisair at the international is probably staffed enough for a long time, as they took on most of the aviance staff, infact it wouldn't surprise me if there are redundancies come winter time. Menzies will be your best bet for summer work and also the chance of a casual or reduced hour contract in winter