PDA

View Full Version : Sikorsky S-92 Pro's and Con's

immaengineer
28th Jul 2010, 19:56
Hello All, I'm new to the forum! Just wanted to ask some questions about the Sikorsky S-92... Pro's and Con's... Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!

industry insider
29th Jul 2010, 02:09
Sorry but what a ridiculous wide ranging question. Pros and cons compared with which alternative?

Are you going to work on one, fly in one as a passenger or crew, buy one?

Plenty to read on this site regarding the S-92 and all other types. Do a search and have a read first,it will keep you occupied for quite a while.

immaengineer
29th Jul 2010, 02:19
How wonderful of you to attack me on one of my first posts on this forum. I feel VERY welcome already. But we can start on discussing the Main Gear Box troubles...

Senior Pilot
29th Jul 2010, 03:01
immaengineer,

Welcome to Rotorheads. But as industry outsider advised, there is a great deal of information here already (including the gearbox issue) which you will find by using the Search facility. You will find searching both "S-92" and "S92" will give lots of results :ok:

industry insider
29th Jul 2010, 04:52
Immaengineer

Not trying to attack you, but your question was too generic to elicit many serious replies so I was trying to help you narrow down your criteria.

Now it seems that you want to discuss the S-92 MGB In which case I would suggest you add to the S-92 from design to operations thread rather than trying to start another one.

You may find that it answers many questions and if it doesn't, I am sure that new reasoned discussion is always welcome.

immaengineer
29th Jul 2010, 12:04
No problem, I was being sarcastic. Will do a bit of searching but if anyone is up for a discussion on this I'd be interested just from a curiousity standpoint.