PDA

View Full Version : AI 545 Mumbai 28/7/10

jetjockey737
28th Jul 2010, 19:37
Was disgusted to hear the RT used by this lady last night. Sure enough ground frequency was frustrating but should have resulted in her tirade.

She was shouting at the ground controller!! She probably, but not 100%, thought she was speaking to a push back guy when she said " shut the f**k up" at the top of her voice. Whoever she was speaking to there is no place for it in this job. That push back guy could save your life one day.

As for saying "f**k you" to the oman air pilot who told you to calm down...well that was utterly disgraceful.

The ground ATC guy said nothing!!!

NZ X man
28th Jul 2010, 20:51
Must have been someone's spoiled daughter with little or know experience. Hay we all have our moments, but as crew, we are supposed to be clever on the RT, NO matter how pissed off you get!:}

411A
29th Jul 2010, 01:33
Wrong time of the month, perhaps?:}

TopTup
29th Jul 2010, 01:50
Side comment but still related:

http://www.pprune.org/safety-crm-qa-emergency-response-planning/417335-rt-dying-skill.html

Be he/she a ground handler, ATC staff, refueler, cleaner, etc it all comes back to respect and professionalism. In "some" airlines this is severely lacking and is promoted as a result of the present airline culture that exists.

Wannabe Flyer
29th Jul 2010, 07:40
Not to get anyone into trouble

But AI website says there is no AI 545

JJ was it the correct flight/airline?

itsbrokenagain
29th Jul 2010, 13:25
In a normal country that person would be in some serious trouble for saying that on the radio... but wait this is India the Great

Boeing7xx
29th Jul 2010, 13:34
AI-545? You got something wrong there mate.

Was the call sign Air India or Indianair?

jetjockey737
30th Jul 2010, 13:17
I could have swore that was the callsign...that said it was stupid oclock on my body clock!!! She pushed at about 0035z on the morning of the 28th....she was not in the best of moods!!

av8r76
30th Jul 2010, 13:35
In all fairness, a significant majority of the time the RT is quite respectable although it can get quite tedious with lengthy transmissions with needless information both ways.
However, things do get carried away and decorum and discipline goes out the window. I've personally heard shouting matches and asinine arguments over the most trivial of matters.
My golden rule is that it is a fairly anonymous environment (unless someone REALLY goes out of their way to ascertain the identity of crewmwmbers) and interfering in a dialogue only incurs wrath from the agitated party/ies. If two stations are slugging it out, let em have a go at it. It only exposes their inability to control their emotions and in turn their immaturity.

Metro man
30th Jul 2010, 13:42
http://www.seventeen.com.my/userfiles/PMS2%282%29.jpg