PDA

View Full Version : FIGHT PEOPLE CONTINUING TO PAY a Type Rating course without a serious and stable job

Raccatto
28th Jul 2010, 15:35
Let us unite.
Stop listening always to a thousand reasons or personal facets of people justifying that -
Our rule has to be this:
Paying a TR without a serious and STABLE job offer DESTROYS ALL OF US!
A_ don't fall yourself into the trap, although strongly tempted (if you have enough money) - also if you have to continue doing a job that does not satisfy you completely in the meantime.
B_ strongly discourages those who will seek an opinion on that - in a clear, sharp, and verbally resolute way
C_ post your thinking as widespread as possible.

SSTR Man
28th Jul 2010, 17:50
I'll fight you :}

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
28th Jul 2010, 18:49
What a ridiculous post if ever I have seen one!

It stinks of someone that got screwed over by an airline, (probably because you didnt have what it takes)

AFAIK, Ryanair/Brookfield will give you a contract before you start your TR, stating that provided you pass the TR you will have a job!

Not sure how BMI do it... but I have heard its quite the opposite.

With to regard to paying for a TR, I'd rather pay for a TR, get the money back after 6 months from wages, than sit on my ass with a fATPL doing nothing!

B737africa
28th Jul 2010, 19:27
6 months from wages
try to get 60 thousand Euro in 6 months for Airbus type ,contract of 3 months only as F/O, and I will go for it .
Wind jet Catania does it and I never see anyone get money back in 6 months
you are just bulling around

Mrs-rodge-bless-her
28th Jul 2010, 21:54
Em B737africa, I will have you know for a FACT in the airline that I now work for, I have earned my TR fees back in wages over 6 months.

I earn anything from 5k - 8k euro a month as an FO.

The TR was just under 29k euro.

You do the maths on that buddy!

Raccatto
29th Jul 2010, 10:18
SSTR Man , no problem . :D
go to the point.
the real problem is that people thinks if they'll pay a TR , they'll able to fly an airplane and working . too much simple.
Focus if they'll be able to do that, and not only paying money cash in advance to WJ or similar-

Halfwayback
29th Jul 2010, 14:41
This is a duplicate thread started by the OP in the Italian forum and elsewhere.

It now closed here.

HWB