PDA

View Full Version : EGM

tiger321
27th Jul 2010, 11:05
I take it that as the vote closed yesterday and nothing has been sent out that BB's motions were voted through. If the vote was against I am sure we would have been notified by now as there would have been no need to compile a lengthy newsletter.

or am I way off?

freightdog188
27th Jul 2010, 11:27
did you read todays AOA newsletter at all?
All explained in there ...

LongTimeInCX
29th Jul 2010, 03:47
I read the AOA details of the voting, looks like neither motions passed - but not far off.

It was also interesting in as much that from the results, (available to AOA members on the website - hint to non-members to pay yr $$ and join), even though the majority of the people voting, voted for the motions to pass, because of the really poor voting turnout, neither motion was actually passed.

So for future votes, it is worth us all remembering, that for a poor turnout, you will have to garner 2/3 of the votes in your corner. The majority aspect of a vote passing is only when >50% of members (not just voters) vote for a particular motion.

Well done to all though for allowing this aspect to be aired, whether you were a for or against the motions, one of the things we all need to take on board is that when the next vote/egm occurs, all members need to get off their collective @sses and vote.

Ffs people, show a bit of interest and vote next time!:ugh:

tiger321
2nd Aug 2010, 09:17
Thanks guys, I found the mail in my junk box.

I agree with Longtime, we need to show a bit more interest in these things.