PDA

View Full Version : Bmi Regional: Anybody Went To The June Asessment?

debs
26th Jul 2010, 17:53
Messages regarding my question are a few years old, so looking for updated info:

1300 turboprop hours + app 200 gen. aviation; got invited to send details to apply for bmi regional as fo. Recently lost my flying job so delighted, and looking forward to an invitation

Anybody who was lucky to face the round of interviews last June can shed some light on:

I understand process is interview, theory, and if successful sim

Interview tips

Theory tips? (a bit rusty, is , for example, ace enough, or you would suggest to dig deeper into notes

Sim ride (embraer? Tips
Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck to everybody

Nearly There
28th Jul 2010, 21:11
Think the sim is 737 400 now...

JASPA
24th Aug 2010, 22:33
two first officers starting on monday with rumours of more to come

welcome all

J.:}

power.on.spin
25th Aug 2010, 09:13
I hear the same.

I wonder how many are in the pool at the moment

debs
25th Aug 2010, 16:05
I called yesterday,

Said they had >5000cv´s and no interviews scheduled.

Must admit I had got excited but it now seems impossible.

Good luck to everybody

Anybody who gets invited do keep us posted pls.

Sporky
13th Sep 2010, 16:57
Any ideas what the interview entails / tech test?
:ok:

73addict
13th Sep 2010, 17:19
Hope this helps anyone applying. (This was my assessment in Oct 08 so may have changed).

First stage:
On arrival a 50 question ATPL based test paper. This is then marked prior to the interview stage.
The interview format consisted of questions about you and your flying/school and other various personal history questions. They then query you on how you felt you did on the ATPL paper and reveal your result. May ask probing questions on result!
Finally a small technical quiz by one of the interviewers. Nothing serious but worth doing some digging on the Embraer limitations and performance. Again a few ATPL based questions on things such as why aircraft have swept wings etc.
That concludes the first stage.

Second stage:
If successful the sim was at Bmi Heathrow on the 737 classic sim. Again nothing serious! They do not expect you to be able to fly the 737 perfectly just want to see you have the knowledge for flying. Knowing your pitch and power settings will help, although will run through all this with you in the brief prior to the sim (60% N1 and 6 degrees nose up should see you through most configurations). Sim detail is departure and ILS raw data to see you fly.

If successful you are then offered a place or put in the hold pool depending on demand. Good luck to you all and please remember this was in Oct 08 so may have changed since then. General should be similar.

Happy to answer any questions if I can and if you have any just post reply. :ok:

silverfox256
13th Sep 2010, 21:22
Thank for info 737adict is the sim 733 734 or 735 could you give us a bit more information on the flight profile please i.e. airport, SID etc.

Cheers S Fox

73addict
14th Sep 2010, 18:46
Hi Silver

The sim was on the 737-3 same one used by baby. Cannot remember exactly as to the profile but seem to remember it was East Mids and the profile was a very straight forward departure with vectors for an ILS. I was rated on the 73 so do not know if this was the standard as I had no re-positioning on the sim. There were also some general handling manoeuvres (steep turns etc). For someone not 73 rated may be a straight forward departure, general handling and re-position for ILS. Was a while ago but seriously no worries about the sim. The other 4 guys I was with had no trouble and most were not jet rated.

Hope this helps.

silverfox256
14th Sep 2010, 20:04
73Addict

Thank you very much even a little info will help.

Cheers S Fox

weave
15th Sep 2010, 13:38
Hi silver

I take it that from the type of questions that you are asking, that you have been called for a sim ride. If this is so how long ago was your interview?

Thanks Weave

Plod
17th Sep 2010, 21:00
I submitted my CV at Easter 2006 and heard nothing from them until November when I was told they might want to interview me soon.

I attended the interview in December 06. It was a very relax affair with no hidden traps. I quite enjoyed it. You might want to gen up on the deep stall characteristics of T-Tailed aircraft.

The sim was in Feb 07 and was on an Embraer at Manchester. Once more, this was a relaxed affair with support from the assessor. It was a pleasant change from the grinder that I went through at Thomsonfly a year earlier.

I was a single man when I went through all this but was the proud father of two by the time I got called frojm the hold pool this year so I thanked the company for remembering me and stayed in my current job.

There are some comments in the T&E forum that might make you question what sort of company they are but my personal experience was very positive.

They will call you if they are interested in you and will not kick you out of the hold pool when times get tough so stick in there and keep your fingers crossed that you'll get a call one day.

power.on.spin
19th Sep 2010, 08:24
Any guys /girls who went to the July interview, any news on sim date???