PDA

View Full Version : 747-400 TRTO progamme with Airborne pers

schouff
26th Jul 2010, 15:47
Hi everybody

any infos about this programme ? is it worthy ?
i have been contacted to pass sim evaluation , any tips about that ?
thanks for your help

sheff
30th Jul 2010, 06:53
Hello,
I m here on this site for the same reason, to find some details about this Type Rating. For now I didn't found nothing.

franciscoxisco
1st Aug 2010, 09:26
Hi everybody,

I am schedule for 9 th of Agust in London.I have to pay for the sim 300US .

How many of you are schedule for the simu ?

LET ALL COPERATE TO SEE IF THIS TYPE RATING PROGRAM IS NOT A FRAUD

I have no more information

regards

Fraciscoxisco

konshar
2nd Aug 2010, 11:51
I am also called to the evaluation with 20 minutes interview and 20 minutes simulator for 300 dollars (they have a good payment per hour). One can ask him/herself if the salary after the linetraining is okey if they even take a fee for the interview. I am not impressed so far, but I will go to the evaluation too see what they can offer. I don not think it is a fake, but I have som guessings that the terms and conditions may me a little lame.

Does anyone know what salary I can expect from Air Atlanta/Airborne?
Does anyone know if there is anywhere else than for example "Jeddah" where I will be stationized?

Shure, itīs cool to fly the B747-400, no questions, but I will not accept the job (if they want me) with a salary that does not cover my present salary in Sweden, additional costs for 25 000 dollar bank loan, loss of license insurance, other medical insurence and the additional accommodation-/traveling costs.

I know that pilots have screwed AAI before (left directly after payed type rating), so I guess that is why they do not want to pay for type rating anymore.

I just hope they can offer a good contract!

Tunfisk
2nd Aug 2010, 12:09
I've also applied.
Did just get a note that my application was on file.
Can I please ask what is your experience level?

Thx

Dash2Class
2nd Aug 2010, 13:35
Don't do it...

All they want is to have a body in the flight deck on sectors over a specific amount of time. This is to satisfy a customer request. All they'll do is have you numptys for 100 hours "Line training" Getting the coffee!!! Then they'll dispatch you for another numpty to come in and give them 25K for the privilege of being shafted....

Pay is $50 per day and not even for the whole training either. Accomodation during the ground school is not payed for etc......
As for Loss of licence medical etc etc... You're a contractor! In days gone by this meant your salary would cover all this but not today. You get Nothing!

I implore you guys, don't do it. There's no job at the end just 25K to pay back to the banks or Daddy.

Class

S Berlusconi
2nd Aug 2010, 14:10
Hello Koshar,
been also invited for an evaluation in London. According to workmates of mine the pay is not bad, initially I believe around 6500 USD for F/O 747. Subtract 1000 USD from that (for 10 months)and it is still not bad, IF you are able to secure a one year contract with AAI. The company in turn commit themselves to a one year renewable contract. I also contacted Air Atlanta directly and talk to a management person who kindly told me to go directly through Airborne. AAI doesn't do any direct hiring for the moment (except for some former pilots that have been recalled). I do feel strongly about buying Type Ratings, but with a one year contract and probably lots of flying from the right hand seat it could be a justifiable investment at the right time. Regards

konshar
2nd Aug 2010, 14:24
What source of information do you have? Have you worked there before or are you working there now?

When Ann Anderson at "Mountain High" e-mailed me she sad that we get 3 contracts before type rating and the payment of 25k. dollars.
The first contract is for ground training
Second contract for line training
Third contract for the 12 months contract (after successfull line training)

All information is very welcome!!! I dont want to be fooled by anyone, and I dont want to miss an opportunity either.

Dihaz
2nd Aug 2010, 20:08
I think Dash2Class is mistaking this scheme for others like pay to fly and buying type ratings. And it is certainly not for a cruise pilot. Another mistake you make is that the job is not for newbies. Requirements were for 500 hours MULTI-CREW, MULTI PILOT COMMERCIAL TIME.

Dash2Class
3rd Aug 2010, 11:05
None of my information is incorrect.

If you don't want my advice, it's your fault.

Nowhere in my post did I say it was for Newbies.... :mad: Read properly! Now you have mentioned it though, 500 Hrs Multi Com ops time is :mad: newbie.

:mad:

Good luck to you all...

Tunfisk
4th Aug 2010, 12:17
In response to your recent application for the B747-400 type rating course, we regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

In the meantime, we would like to register your details for any future contracts that may become available with other clients and trust that this meets with your approval.

May we take this opportunity to wish you well in securing suitable work.

Story of my life.
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

potkettleblack
4th Aug 2010, 15:02
Type the following into google and read till your hearts content. Whether your through an agency or direct it makes no bones. This is a shower of sh*te outfit and you will be well advised to steer clear no matter how desperate you are to get that first job.

"air atlanta site:www.pprune.org"

konshar
4th Aug 2010, 19:15
Hi S Berlusconi (http://www.pprune.org/members/322115-s-berlusconi)

Thanx for the information. I think it is a wonderful opportunity in my life situation!:ok:

konshar
5th Aug 2010, 22:14
Anyone who knows what to expect on the 20 minutes interview and 20 minutes simulator flight?

Are they strict with the dress code at airborne/air atlanta?

S Berlusconi
9th Aug 2010, 18:55
Hi,

Is there anyone here who has attended the evaluation day for Airborne and what was your personal impression?
Did they give more details on the Type rating /job offer?

Airborne says that further details will be revealed once you have been succesfull at the first day. Also curious as to what interview style and who is conducting the meeting (HR , technical staff).
What profile will you be expected to fly at the simulator?

Any input appreciated, many thanks and best of luck!

konshar
9th Aug 2010, 19:21
Hi!

Anyone who did the interview and simulator evaluation today?

Was it hard? What can I expect?

:ok:

// Konshar

clearforto
9th Aug 2010, 20:01
Hi guys!

+1

any info would be very appreciated!

S Berlusconi
10th Aug 2010, 08:13
...that makes +2 , going there too. Anyone here who has attended the evaluation day?

Best Regards and best of luck to all,

Wotspay
10th Aug 2010, 08:55
Very suspect...

Not overly impressed or convinced this is for me. I can see some very big issues ahead.

konshar
10th Aug 2010, 11:21
why is that?

PURPLE PITOT
10th Aug 2010, 13:21
Is this AAI or some religious cult? Pay more, get to find out more!:ugh:

Darwin was right. Good luck:ok:

sheff
11th Aug 2010, 10:46
Normal interwiew, regular things about expirience, career, expetations and not to many technical questions. Be sure you ask them what do you would like to know about job.
Sim is more then 20 min around 1h, SID, noise abatment, basic navigation, ILS app and thats it.

Wish you luck...

konshar
11th Aug 2010, 17:42
Anyone with information? Come on :}

S Berlusconi
12th Aug 2010, 14:14
...in the latest version of the agreement they outlined that you need to pay them 25.000 USD in full prior to start of the course, because they could't get their client to cover the remaining 10.000 USD for the first ten months of employment. please...

I am just wondering how many guys would still be interested to sign up

konshar
17th Aug 2010, 11:56
Hey, I am wondering about how to deal with the taxes and social charges..

Could anyone, who have worked in Saudi for AAI, tell me how it works over there. I have noticed that there is no salary taxes in Saudi, but how is it with the social charges? I will move away from my present country and will not be subject for the taxes and social charges there.

In the contract AAI want you to be ABLE to show them that you are in fact paying the taxes and social fees for the country you work in.

Is it a demand to start an own company or can you just be a normal contractor?

This is a new world for me so please let me know! :\

airbuske
17th Aug 2010, 19:09
I declined the offer for the sim ride. If I would have been without a job the offer might have been appealing. But as far as they told me: you pay first, later they might pay you. It's a financial risk to take if you can afford it. Knowing where you end up is also an unknown factor. There is no 'contract' as in a "labour agreement".
Still if you are desperate, go for it.

Puppeteer
18th Aug 2010, 21:44
Could anyone, who have worked in Saudi for AAI, tell me how it works over there. I have noticed that there is no salary taxes in Saudi, but how is it with the social charges? I will move away from my present country and will not be subject for the taxes and social charges there.

It has little to do with which country you work in and more which country you are from. If you are "mantalsskriven" in Sweden and spend more then 6 months and one day outside of Sweden you pay taxes in the country where you work. If you spend less time than that you will have to pay taxes in Sweden. Thus, if you live in Saudi you pay taxes in Saudi (i.e no taxes). But if you're a contractor that spends the majority of your time in Sweden, you pay taxes in Sweden. The "Skatteverket" will ask you to fill a form saying that you will spend the majority of your time abroad from a specific date.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions and I'll see if I can help. Otherwise Ny webbadress | Skatteverket [NS4 version] (http://www.rsv.se) is a good source for information.

Cheers!

schouff
19th Aug 2010, 15:17
hi all

i missed the interview of august and now i have a new schedule, end of september but still no details about the 3 contracts , anyone who did the session last week have these details , please email me any infos cause i dont really want to spend 300 usd plus the cost of the journey for nothing ....
thanks

NiniNJ
21st Aug 2010, 15:19
I am in the same situation. Anyone who can provide some more details?
Many thanks!

mutt
21st Aug 2010, 16:12
Saudi for AAI who told you that this contract was based in Saudi?

Mutt

ALOHA
21st Aug 2010, 18:08
I heard from friend who had an assessment with them. Chief Pilot of Air Atlanta and agent from Airborne/ Mountain High whoever they are told the candidates that they will be basing at Riyadh and must pay $25,000 upfront for type rating. If they fail any part of the course they’ll be kicked out of the course and not a penny will be refunded.

Aloha

konshar
22nd Aug 2010, 10:38
I did the interview, and yes you have to pay 25K in front unfortunately. I asked them what happens if I for example would fail a theoretical test or skill test, "would I be kicked out?" They said "no it does not work that way".

So I do not think they kick you out if you for example fail one test or something like that. But they have the right to kick you out if they see that you canīt finnish the type rating. Well, time will tell, and if anyone would be kicked out due to some minor issue the rumor will spread and that would not be good for either Airborne or Air Atlanta. Ryan Air has the same philosofy but it is more expensive, so no news there.

Probably you will study harder and learn more due to the economical pressure. :)

Also, you will get a "world wide contract", so they have rights to move you anywhere they need you. First maybe Jeddah and after 6 months Hong Kong. They pay for the accommodation. You can choose your own international airport where you actually live and they will pay for trips during "off weaks".

Toto320
22nd Aug 2010, 16:59
Hi Konshar thanks for your post it was intresting. I have to go for the interwiew in september. Do you have any suggestion about it? And do you know something about salary, because for me is very important because I have to ask the 25k to my bank.

student88
22nd Aug 2010, 21:27
Use your common sense. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole!

sheff
25th Aug 2010, 08:28
Daily Fee USD 217.80
Per 30 day Nonth USD 6,534
Overtime per block hour USD 85 (over 75 hours)
Payed ticket home and no money when you are at home
Quite fer I can say.

:)

konshar
25th Aug 2010, 09:54
Exactly m8. See you on the other side!

mutt
25th Aug 2010, 18:41
What happens if the contracting airline objects to having crews with 700 hours operating their long-haul flights due to insurance issues..... do you get a refund?

Mutt

konshar
25th Aug 2010, 22:08
Nope, but the people who I was on interview with did not have less than 2000 hours each..

mutt
26th Aug 2010, 06:58
hence ACMI Is this aircraft insurance or total insurance? Will the passengers sue Air Atlanta or the contracting airline? ACMI doesn't negate the responsibility of the contracting airline. Also as you aren't an employee of Air Atlanta and are paying for a service, what is your personal level of indemnity?

Mutt

mutt
27th Aug 2010, 09:14
it not a P2F scheme

When Ann Anderson at "Mountain High" e-mailed me she sad that we get 3 contracts before type rating and the payment of 25k. dollars.
The first contract is for ground training
Second contract for line training
Third contract for the 12 months contract (after successfull line training)

You are paying for the type rating, you are paying for the line training and then you MIGHT get a job........ So why is this different to most P2F schemes?

Mutt

Canaisle
27th Aug 2010, 10:21
Hi there:

Iīve been contacted also for the sim in september....to be honest I donīt know what to do...at the moment I am flying turboprops 19 seaters in quiet stable company....is it worhty doing this course???....is anybody whos already working for them here??.....:ugh:please !!

Dash2Class
27th Aug 2010, 12:23
Of course it's a pay to fly scheme.. They're even charging for the :mad: interview now.... $300!!!!

Pay for interview
Pay for accommodation
Pay for ground school
Pay for transport
Pay for simulator
Pay for line training

Pay for AAI and AIRBORNE/MOUNTAIN HIGH to rape you.

No guarantee of job.... P2F.

Tunfisk
27th Aug 2010, 13:29
Madness!

:mad:

Chuffer Chadley
29th Aug 2010, 16:44
So... anyone got a start date after a successful assessment? do we have any idea how many people they want for these courses?

Michael737
30th Aug 2010, 10:32
Hi Canaisle,

I am in the same position like you. Maybe you are able to keep your contract with your current company or you can switch to a free-lance-contract.
Best wishes,
Michael

S Berlusconi
31st Aug 2010, 10:41
I am invited to the course as well, but am looking for additional details on the course and employment; information so far has been very scarce as Airborne seems to be quite busy these days.

As C Charley mentioned before I am curious who and how many are attending these courses for Airborne, I have gotten the following start dates:

(25 AUG,) 20 SEP, 11 OCT.

Apparently all goes on "First come first served" basis; the one who pays first will secure a position.

PM me if you like.

Uncle Wiggily
31st Aug 2010, 10:44
A pay to fly scheme operated by Air Atlanta...hahahaha! Oh god! This is getting frickin' hilarious!

gjln
31st Aug 2010, 17:55
Air Atlanta Icelandic jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Air_Atlanta_Icelandic)

helldog
1st Sep 2010, 19:27
It was a joke mods come on. Joke not an advert :}

Michael737
5th Sep 2010, 10:58
Hello,

thanks for your information about AAI. May I ask you how long you are working for AAI.

Will the people kicked out of the company after line training, or is AAI really willing to keep their "new" pilots.

Thanks again. for all infos.

Dash2Class
10th Sep 2010, 09:14
Why would a company take on all these guys onto the 400 when all they need is a "Navigator" for the paperwork.

You'll be $25,000 lighter in the wallet department. That's it!

Don't do it...

konshar
24th Sep 2010, 14:43
I have a friend on the course and he is really happy with it. A lot to study though. Itīs not like the **** crap people say that they will be kicked out if they fail a test and so on.
It does not work that way.

The crap about relief pilots is also false.

They do the simulator training at british airways.:D

25K for a 747-400 rating and job after that is nothing if you compare to other companies.

No one will thank you for staying at your old company with regrets that you did not take that job you actually wanted. :(

gjln
24th Sep 2010, 14:49
Where did you send the CV?
Looking on the internet
Thanks

gjln
24th Sep 2010, 15:03
What is their website?

konshar
24th Sep 2010, 20:31
www.airatlanta.com (http://www.airatlanta.com)

But itīs not them you should contact. The recruitment is via Airborne Personnel. I donīt know if it is too late now but you should give it a shot!
Try to send an e-mail with your CV to [email protected] and ask them if they still going to have interviews.
I presume they have a lot to do so it may take a while before you get an answer.

gjln
25th Sep 2010, 15:53
Thanks for the info konshar (http://www.pprune.org/members/334522-konshar)

Chuffer Chadley
25th Nov 2010, 17:56
So...

Anyone here on this program? I'd be most interested to get some feedback. Either by pm or a post here would be most welcome.

Cheers
CC

nordicflyer
26th Nov 2010, 15:43
Iīm curious myself