PDA

View Full Version : Chinese CPL/IR Written Exam

Brian304
26th Jul 2010, 11:30
hi all

I'm just about to do my chinese CPL/IR written exams soon and just wondered if anyone has any material or databases from previous experience. Theres alot written about ATPL exams and not the CPL/IR exams.

Thanks in advance.

Brian304:ok:

purple head
26th Jul 2010, 13:46
I did them over 4 years ago, at that time i just used the Gleim study books. Most questions in the exam were in those books but i'm not sure if its the same now. They were pretty easy after using those books for a few days.

Squawk7777
27th Jul 2010, 15:42
I took my CAAC ATPL written less than a month ago. It was quite a pain in the (cough) and I scored the lowest I ever did in a written aviation exam. First 75% are out the FAA ASA or Gleim ATPL databank, some 737 tech questions, some A320 loading questions (I guessed on those) and about 20% of almost illogical sounding Chinese-translated-into-poor-English questions. Some easy, some leave you completely flummoxed.

Taking the exam is quite an adventure. We were in an old 60s communist-style building, but there were no less than 4 cameras observing you during the entire exam-taking process.

PM me your email, if you want the ATPL databank. (I assume you're referring to mainland China and not HK which I believe has a different aviation authority/licensing).

purple head
28th Jul 2010, 00:24
**Note** he said CPL/IR exams. Only people without an ATPL need to do them. I was a FO in China so i needed to do the CPL/IR written. Yes the ATPL is a ball ache, but the CPL and IR are or at least were when i did them pretty easy and straight forward if you looked at those books mentioned above. The questions were taken almost directly from them and each exam only took about 15 minutes if you knew the questions from the books.

Kirks gusset
29th Jul 2010, 12:57
Squawk7777 Do you have access to the ATPL databank by any chance? if you could give me some resource sites by PM that would be good, the agency has just told us we need to do the CAAC ATPL! The ****s are already acheing

On Final
5th Aug 2010, 00:58
Hello, Here is link to a thread with lots of in formation regarding the Chinese Written Exam.

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/262104-chinese-written-test.html

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,

On Final

737XL Pilot
6th Aug 2010, 19:05
check your inbox.
Cheers