PDA

View Full Version : Assembly of Imported AC Australia

spriteah
26th Jul 2010, 11:14
I am looking at importing a Cessna from the USA. I will have a CoA with the aircraft. Can I get the aircraft delievered to a local field and have a LAME attend and do the reassembly? Or does it need to be conducted at a approved workshop?

Jim.

glhcarl
26th Jul 2010, 15:56
Suggest contacting the following:

Australian Air Ferry (http://www.australianairferry.com)

bellsux
27th Jul 2010, 11:52
I think you might need to do a bit more research into importing an aircraft as there is a bit more involved in pulling it out of the box and flying away with it.

You will need an export C of A before it leaves the States but you will still have to get it on the register here and for that not just any old LAME can issue those. Talk to a maintenance facility in Moorabbin or Essendon that has done it before and let them talk you through the process. Other traps are before it leaves are making sure it has no liens so it won't be impounded at the docks, Australian customs and quarantine requirements are met, pre purchase inspection carried out including AD and SB's so no big expensive extras when putting it on the register, Insurance, shipping and clearances...

It won't be cheap and will take a bit of time, if you are looking at something small like a 150 or 172 it will probably end up costing you more than buying here.