PDA

View Full Version : Study fees

K2z
25th Jul 2010, 22:38
Hello everyone!

I have just joined PPRuNe, and I ask to apologise me, if my question should be in other category.

So, I live in Latvia and here, if someone may be know the situation regarding pilot schools is very bad looking. Now I just got back from Spain, where I was passing my assesment tests in FTE Jerez. Everything is cool, and hope education quality is high, thats why I choosed this FTO. Now when all tests are passed, second question is money. They work with BBVA (not sure, but it's an UK bank if I remember correctly), but BBVA gives loans for only those, who live in UK and have some real estate in their use. But what to do, if you live somewhere else? Our banks nowadays are very careful, and gives loans for students up for ~ 12k eur. But education in FTE costs 91k eur, so it's a big diference :) I was thinking about contract with some airliner, but not sure is it possible. May be some of you had the same problem now or in the past.

Thanks everyone in advance, who will reply!

AlexShorrock
26th Jul 2010, 01:18
BBVA is actually a Spanish bank, which branches out into the UK.
If you, or your parents, have a property chances are BBVA will loan you the money with a pretty decent interest rate. However it is secured, so you'll lose the house if you find yourself in a sticky situation.
About contracts with airlines: there is no airline at the moment who, on a large scale, is willing to pay for you to learn, apart from Cathay in Hong Kong.

K2z
26th Jul 2010, 11:41
Thanks for your reply!

All properties that my family have are in Latvia. So I think BBVA wouldn't be interested to give loan for me. I heard that our national airliner Air Baltic is looking for pilots, and sending their plane crew to get pilot licences. I will try to involve someone and somehow, but really not sure. It's a big loan, and while there's a crysis all over the world, I think it's inpossible.