PDA

View Full Version : Slow Learners:

Ocean Person
24th Jul 2010, 11:30
Can someone please tell me what the Americans are up to with an aircraft carrier patrolling the Yellow Sea and at the same time carrying out extensive naval and military manoeuvres in the East Sea. North Korea is not happy and neither is China. To add to the debacle Hillary is shooting off her mouth and saying that the Paracel Islands in the South China Sea do not belong to China. What will it take for the USA to learn some sense, stay at home and mind its own business.

OP

EXEZY
24th Jul 2010, 13:00
Obama is Preparing to Bomb Iran TARPLEY.net (http://tarpley.net/2010/07/22/obama-preparing-to-bomb-iran/)

The Military Industrial Complex is on the lookout for war again.

N1 Vibes
24th Jul 2010, 21:56
As long as the US gov is rubbing somebodies nose in the dirt or the military is bombing some innocent civilians - then there is a self aggrandizing belief that they are right and on the moral high-ground.

I always find that a look in the mirror is very useful...:mad:

(PS while we are at it, let's include the UK gov)

Air Profit
25th Jul 2010, 01:11
...always good to remind the Chinese and N Koreans who carries the biggest stick...:ok:

Air Profit
25th Jul 2010, 01:22
...besides, let's all imagine a world where the Chinese are the worlds superpower....yes, that would be SO much better. :eek:

N1 Vibes
25th Jul 2010, 01:57
Dear AirProfit,

your thinking is so far back in the 1950's to be believed. The US thought they carried the 'big stick' that you refer to in 1945, the 6th of August to be precise (look it up for a bit of retrospective mass-debating).

You will find that all of the countries you refer to now(we are after all in 2010, 65 years later) also wield the 'big stick'. In fact if memory serves me correct in the 'big stick' political pissing contest the Russians actually detonated the 'biggest stick' 3x bigger than anything that the Good Old US of A has done....

Wishing You the Best of Health - and remember "Duck and Cover" is what the US Gov told you to do in the 1950's and you'll survive anything.

Yee ha! (Strains of the stars and stripes in the background, cheering crowds, jet fly-past, flag waving, etc, etc)

Best Regards,

N1 Vibes

onetrack
25th Jul 2010, 02:04
The American economy thrives on the production of military equipment. Why not shove a stick up the Nth Koreans ar$e, and see if it results in a few fireworks?!... particularly when the U.S. economy is in the doldrums!
No point in having all this high tech weaponry if you can't show it off to those annoying upstarts from NK! :suspect:

Besides, I believe there's some unfinished business from around 1953, that needs to be tidied up! :suspect: Seems like there's no time like the present to do it! :suspect:

By George
25th Jul 2010, 02:43
Short memories here, if it wasn't for the Yanks you lot would be speaking Japanese with no freedom to hurl abuse. No, I'm not American either. Suppose you'd be happier if "Our Dear Leader" was running the show.

N1 Vibes
25th Jul 2010, 03:37
By George,

a shallower memory for you old chap. The Yanks only dropped the big-one on Japan, so that the Japanese nation would surrender to the US, not the Russians - who by July 1945 had already negotiated a conditional surrender with Japan.

The Yanks at the Potsdam Conference (17 July to 2 Aug 1945 - US, UK and Russ in attendance) insisted they wanted to have Emperor Hirohito's head on a block as a war criminal - and there was no negotiation.

(Note 1 - the US had detonated their 1st 'device' at Trinity, New Mexico, on the 16 July 1945. Truman had been advised via telegram as he sailed to Europe for the conference and was desperate to do a bit of willy-waving on the international stage)

(Note 2 - the US alluded to their device stating they "had a weapon of awesome power" no doubt burning a hole in their pocket - as it cost $1 billion to produce)

But when Japan finally did surrender - the US let Hirohito remain as emperor, without trialling him for war-crimes, for "the stability of the nation". Or was it so Hirohito could allow the US to put it's air bases, listening devices, missiles etc on Japaese soil - and - get the Japanese nation to work like slaves to produce cheap good's for the Yanks to buy?

If the Japanese had surrendered to the Russians in 1945, the Yanks would not have been watching the lunar landings in 1969 on Sony TV's.....

Best Regards,

N1 Vibes

Ocean Person
25th Jul 2010, 06:50
Nobody has yet mentioned that this latest debacle by the Slow Learners (read U.S.A) is being fuelled by one of the biggest ever pieces of lying propaganda in modern history. North Korea did not torpedo south Korea's naval ship 772 because they (the North Koreans) do not have the capability. The south Koreans inadvertently blew themselves up with an explosion in the ship's magazine possibly from a depth charge or a mine. To turn it all into an international incident with the compliance of the Americans implies the rest of the world are a lot of naive fools.

OP

N1 Vibes
25th Jul 2010, 07:47
Now THAT is what I would call a loss of face! :uhoh:

Brian Abraham
25th Jul 2010, 08:03
Just what we need more of. :ugh:

Remembering the Korean War, 60 years ago - The Big Picture - Boston.com (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/06/remembering_the_korean_war_60.html)

oicur12
25th Jul 2010, 22:45
"biggest ever pieces of lying propaganda in modern history."

Depends on how modern history is.

I think the manufactured incident in the gulf of tonkin was bigger.

And this was going to be:

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods)

False flags ops have been used for years to draw the enemy into battle.

Watch what happens in Iran, it will be interesting.

BillytheKid
26th Jul 2010, 01:23
The US has a military spending budget that is 8 times that of the next largest spender (China). I think that qualifies as a pretty big stick.

EXEZY
26th Jul 2010, 03:05
As all the relatives of the dead innocent women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan will testify no doubt.