PDA

View Full Version : Australian Helicopters - FRMS

Quickdraw
24th Jul 2010, 10:00
Hi all,

I've been asked if anybody has any info on Australian Helicopters FRMS that they work to.

What work practices do they use for their EMS operations?

Cheers.

QD.

Ascend Charlie
24th Jul 2010, 23:51
Quote "I've been asked if anybody has any info on Australian Helicopters FRMS that they work to. "

So who is asking? Why doesn't this person who asked you, ask AH directly?

But to answer your question, YES, somebody DOES have info. Whether they want to share it on an internet forum is another thing.

An Adelaide group called Air Maestro might be worth approaching, if you want to design your own.

SortedGov
25th Jul 2010, 09:45
FRMS = Great for working crazy hrs, gives operators more ability to roster aircrew for extended night duties. Quality of rest prior to mounting duty and during duty is a key issue. FAID scores are farcical and based on truck drivers driving vehicles in the wee hours, irrelevant to the cognitive skills required in an aviation environment.

CA0 48-Complex to navigate around at times although business rules can be programmed into the programme mentioned above by A Charlie. 48 Can result in longer duty periods overall than FRMS however generally squashes working at crazy times of the night.

FRMS or fatigue management systems were developed to "get around" items in 48. They both have their uses. All FRMS's have to be approved in principal by the regulator and require good mental horsepower and research to get over the line with regards to approval.

Careful what you wish for! FRMS allows extended periods of working at crazy times of night......

:)

Curious2
25th Jul 2010, 23:11
I am not sure if this post is serious.

The majority of people on here are professional aviators and despite what they may feel about their employers understand that there is a line in the sand.

This is more of a commercial in confidence issue than anything else I have seen on here before. Do us a favour and remove your post and contact the company direct.

Ironically I don't even work for this company, I just think that you shouldn't be asking for what you are from here.

skid shoe
26th Jul 2010, 11:53
Like most other posters here I can't help but wonder what drives the question. I'd have thought that AH would have documented their FRMS policy so I am guessing that you are not on the AH payroll or you would have access to the manual. Perhaps the person who approached you should try a making a polite approach to AH thenselves. In my experience AH are not the sort of people to deny a polite request provided it is made for the right reasons. If there is some sort of comercial skulldugery going on then your inquisitor should expect tobe told to p1$$ off ( and rightly so too). If there is nothing under-handed in the request then there is no harm in asking them directly.

SS