PDA

View Full Version : PIC(US)

Tomasz
22nd Jul 2010, 20:29
Hope someone would help me out. Here's my question regarding PIC(US) I send my logbook to the CAA and they have touble eccepting my PIC(US) because the Captain after each flight sign his signature under the remarks column, I was wondering where should the Captain sign in the logbook? as the CAA want a letter from my company saying how many hours I have flown on PIC(US) what should such a letter contain, because I work for a eastern european company and its the first time they would have to write such a letter thanks?

mad_jock
22nd Jul 2010, 20:46
My letter from the CP just said.

I confirm that hours logged by mad_jock license number .... during his continued employment are correct.

XXXXX
License num TRE etc.

But I didn't have any issues about PICUS due to the fact i had done the instructor route and had enough PIC anyway.

Mercenary Pilot
22nd Jul 2010, 21:16
I was wondering where should the Captain sign in the logbook?

Anywhere in the column should be sufficient, the easiest way is just to write it into the remarks section though.

as the CAA want a letter from my company saying how many hours I have flown on PIC(US) what should such a letter contain

You shouldn't need both the Captains signatures and a letter, its usually just one or the other.

Basically the letter must say something like:

Dear Sir

I can confirm that [Your Name] has recorded [the hours you are claiming] P1u/s hours, I have checked these hours personally and confirm they are correct.

Sincerely

[Chief Pilot/CEO/Head of Training etc]

The important point is the actual P1u/s hours you are claiming MUST be written onto the letter as a number so the have an official document in their records.

:ok:

Tomasz
22nd Jul 2010, 21:37
I did my PIC(US) with a couple of captains, I wrote in in the remarsk, it was : PIC(US) and the captains signature, so I don't see what I did wrong

Mercenary Pilot
22nd Jul 2010, 23:01
Nether do I!?! It sounds like an extremely pedantic jobs-worth to me!! :rolleyes:

I guess you will have to ask them where do they expect captains to sign it? Also, ask to speak to someone higher up to confirm where it 'should' be signed and then remind them that most captains have better things to do than filling in an F/O's logbook in a specific column!! Or ask your Chief Pilot to call them on your behalf?

I'm guessing this isn't the UK CAA were talking about then? Because just the letter alone should suffice otherwise.

Tomasz
23rd Jul 2010, 08:04
It is the CAA, I got any email from the yesterday saying that my PIC(US) have to be signed which they are in the remarks column, its all in the logbook I sent them. Thats why they want the letter

mad_jock
23rd Jul 2010, 08:28
If they are signed in the remarks send a email back with that fact and a quote from JAR FCL and LASORS stating that you have done everything correctly.

They seem to be on a work creation scheme at the moment in FCL changing all sorts of "Policy" to make even the most simple task a right pain in the bum.

Mercenary Pilot
23rd Jul 2010, 09:50
Ask to make a complaint because they are being totally pathetic!

This is a what it states says in LASORS.

as Co-Pilot performing under the supervision of
the Pilot-in-Command the functions and duties of
a Pilot-in-Command (PIC U/S) counted in full. For
licence issue, confirmation of such flight time will be
required. This can either take the form of a letter from
the operating company or certification of each flight
within the pilot’s logbook by the Pilot-in-Command.

Mister Geezer
23rd Jul 2010, 22:54
They seem to be on a work creation scheme at the moment in FCL changing all sorts of "Policy" to make even the most simple task a right pain in the bum.

Because they are scared that they will be booted out the door once EASA settle in and the long awaited EU licence takes shape and appears!!!

wdaniel
27th Jul 2010, 11:19
hey, well,
I just read , what you wrote,
I had at least 3500hours total time before I sent my logbook to the CAA, they never said anything, regarding any endorsment from my previous instructors.
It should be included in remarks / endorsment colonn. Nowhere else.
But for sure, what i can tel, you have to keep you logbook very clean as this is the second thing at the airline they will look for after your licences.

no letter should be sent with, otherwise, what is the point of signing the page of your logbook.?