PDA

View Full Version : Recreational flying in India

Flyintin
22nd Jul 2010, 18:12
Hello

Looking for information on recreational flying in India.

Returning to India after a twenty year absence and will be working on a project. Wondering if anyone can tell me if I can use my FAA license to do some recreational flying, just to rent an aircraft and get up in the air.

Any info and leads will be appreciated.

Thank you

Flyintin

IndAir967
22nd Jul 2010, 19:45
Yup its so sooper easy ..
all u ve got to do is .. drive up to a flight school .. show ur FAA license..
rent the plane (ask for a discount) .. and fly around..

if u happen to pass by safdurjung airport dont forget to say hi to the guys
at DGCA.. they might even issue ur Indian License if ur offer them a joy ride..

:}

Flyintin
22nd Jul 2010, 21:06
I wish you could answer my query that way. That was funny, don't care who your are but that was funny.

While I have your attention, wonder if we could take our plane down there. Will that make a difference?

Seriously, is it a hopeless wish trying to commute between two cities in a rental and are we limited to charter or sched airlines.

Thanks in advance

Mike_Kilo_Sierra
23rd Jul 2010, 07:12
Although I'm not sure of the procedures that specifically apply to you. The best people to contact would be the license department of DGCA.

But I think getting a DGCA SPL & FRTOL should be enough for you to be able to fly here in India. Approach a flying school, preferably the place where you'll rent out from. For the SPL and FRTOL, you'll have to give two exams, your SPL should be in your hand within a week, the FRTOL may take longer around a month or so.

But before that you'll need to take a police clearance so that they know you don't have a criminal record.

Don't take my word for it though, do more research. Contact the flying clubs.

MKS

IndAir967
23rd Jul 2010, 07:41
You ve got an option...

Do a lil bit of research to see if there are any N registered pistons still
around.. If there are .. VOILA.. u can start flying immediately (as long as
u r FAA current )
:ok: