PDA

View Full Version : Servisair and Menzies

Daniel Hankey
22nd Jul 2010, 16:40
Could anyone tell me how to get in contact with these two companies regarding jobs? I have emailed my CV to the location managers at Manchester and Liverpool airports, but have had no reply.

750XL
22nd Jul 2010, 17:44
From the twenty odd emails I sent out to various companies I got one reply :ok:

It's all about who you know, not what you know...

Daniel Hankey
22nd Jul 2010, 17:56
Ive had replies from 2 other companies, who had no jobs available, but they were only small companies. From my knowledge Servisair and Menzies are the biggest companies so I would assume they would recruit more.

exloadie
22nd Jul 2010, 18:49
save your energy as regards to servisair in LPL and menzies dont have a base there hope you eventualy get a positive response

750XL
22nd Jul 2010, 19:04
Nearly all companies at airports start recruitment around Easter time (including SA and Menzies) on a temporary contract for the Summer Season, until October 31st.

Highly doubt there will be anything coming up in the next few weeks as they should have all ready recruited.

Find something else to do for the next few months then try again around Easter :ok:

Daniel Hankey
22nd Jul 2010, 19:13
Ive had a reply from servisair in LPL saying they had no vacancies and they gave me contact to kept in touch with about new vacancies. Just waiting for replies from MAN, doubt Ill get any though.

Thanks for your advice, Ill just have to keep looking.

Daniel Hankey
22nd Jul 2010, 19:16
Do any of you know what other companies do ground handling based at either LPL or MAN?

750XL
22nd Jul 2010, 19:32
Airbase Flight Support, Menzies, Servisair and Swissport are main ones at MAN I think.

Think there's another one who handles Viking Airlines at Manchester but can't recall it off the top of my head

Heavyman
23rd Jul 2010, 08:01
I work for Servisair at Mcr and we've stopped recruiting now, however, I have heard Menzies still are. I suggest you get a number off Web site. They are a harsh outfit to work for... very Dickensian. Don't value their workers (I know, been there done that).

The96er
23rd Jul 2010, 09:48
Don't value their workers

And I suppose Servisair do ?? :rolleyes:

GRIZZLER
23rd Jul 2010, 11:30
Ask some of the blokes at STN that work for Menzies who are ex Swissport/Servisair, who they would rather be working for....i think you will find its Servisair.

Heavyman
24th Jul 2010, 10:09
I know you're only a number in this job, but at least Servisair have a decent number on a crew, not 3 men like Menzies... they'll kill someone

GRIZZLER
24th Jul 2010, 12:15
I speak most nights to a ex servisair workmate who works for menzies on the night shift at STN.....some nights they get 12 inbound flights and four outbounds in the morning.....plus they get to sort out some news papers...lucky boys....at least thats what he tells me.......and there is only 4 of them.

plus since he has gone over to the menzies contract he gets about £350 a month less....good deal..NOT.......should have kept your old contract boys.

tigger2k8
24th Jul 2010, 15:45
I know you're only a number in this job, but at least Servisair have a decent number on a crew, not 3 men like Menzies... they'll kill someone

Varies by station, i have witnessed 3 Servisair employees jump between 3 WW flights at the same time, while there was only 1 other flight on the ground that they had (a TCX) if there was lots of delays i could understand things being drastic, but that was 9 men doing work, 3 at the WW, 5 at the TCX and 1 in the bay... where was the rest :}?

From what i have witnessed Servisair seem the roughest on employees..., Menzies is nothing special.... Aviance treated people like gold bars :eek:... although like i said, it varies by station.. but anywhere i have been thats what i noticed

Daniel Hankey
24th Jul 2010, 16:46
Thanks I have emailed Servisair, Airbase Flight Support, Menzies and Swissport. So far I have had a reply from Servisair at LPL.

silverstreak
24th Jul 2010, 20:30
Stay clear of Servisrare :D

Waving_tug_boy
29th Jul 2010, 12:01
Haha servisrare