PDA

View Full Version : EK road show asia

thatwasclose
22nd Jul 2010, 12:05
Just in case anyone was intrested in going to the road shows the dates are, as far as I can gather. Shanghai, 1st of August. Hongkong the 3rd, KL the 5th and Singapore is the 6th and 7th. The recruiter going is actually quite honest. If your intrested, take what she says, your friends say and pprune, mix together and come up with whatever you like. Good luck.

Chrome
22nd Jul 2010, 12:33
Mind sharing your source? I don't see this on their website.

thatwasclose
23rd Jul 2010, 12:51
their office

777vs330
23rd Jul 2010, 13:24
Looks like they are out to get the low cost carriers drivers. It'd be interesting to see how's the end result like. Doubt much of a success considering how hard the folks work in EK. And to quote a rather good posting from middle east forum to reflect the working condition:
I would disown my kids if they want to get into this profession!
But as they have to wait another 16yrs plus to get their licences, and at the rate EK are working us at the moment, I probably won't be around to see it, having died of fatigue!

Chrome
24th Jul 2010, 00:24
Well if given the chance most LCC drivers would go for it. We are used to the kind of rosters EK pilots are complaining about. Do more or less the same thing for much more pay so it's a no brainer.

777vs330
24th Jul 2010, 01:11
Good that there's a choice, that's how the pay increase will kick in: LCC loses too many pilots, increase pay, pilots stay. EK needs drivers for their 200 shiny tubes, increase more pay.. And LCC... Goes on and on.
On the other hand, LCC and regional carriers in SEA probably won't give a cxxb since pilot training cost is never looked at nor frowned upon. So they'll continue to come out with schemes (P2F being their model choice) that get the young chaps to invest the best 10years of their lives, and the vicious cycles just keep going and if EK gets its act right, most LCCs will just turn out to be EFTA.
By the sound of it, EK should get their numbers from SEA then.

(EFTA: Emirates Flight Training Academy)

HueyHerc
24th Jul 2010, 06:43
Any more details on the location and times for the Singapore visit? Is the info posted anywhere?

Thanks,

HH

airbusbatics
24th Jul 2010, 08:56
Singapore

6th & 7 August 2010

10 AM

Holiday Inn Atrium

317 Outram Road
Singapore 169075

mach .75
25th Jul 2010, 02:58
Kuala Lumpur?????????????
:ok: Thanks

5Bruce
25th Jul 2010, 09:24
I received an email from EK -
5th August 10am
Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel
Corner of Jalan Sultan Ismail & Jalan Ampang 50450, Kuala Lumpur

28th Jul 2010, 12:54
Any dates for Mumbai??

bolueeleh
29th Jul 2010, 03:19
Job Role: First Officer, Senior First Officer
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Position: Permanent
Company: Emirates Airline & Group
Salary:
Posted Date: 28 July 2010 10:33:47
Information Sessions for Experienced First Officers

Emirates employ highly skilled and successful Flight Deck Crew from around the world. We are currently recruiting experienced and technically proficient First Officers to fly our extensive international route network.

The First Officer position offers an exceptional opportunity for ambitious pilots to develop their career on one of the youngest high-tech fleets, with one of the fastest growing and most profitable airlines in the world. Emirates now has 204 wide-body aircraft worth more than US$67 billion on orderto add to it's current fleet of 149 aircraft including A330/A340/A380's and B777's.

Emirates will be conducting information sessions in Asia in August. These sessions will provide more information on Emirates, our selection programme, the benefits of living and working in Dubai and details of our remuneration package.

Please note that spouses are welcome to attend.

Date: 7th August 2010
City: Singapore
Venue: Holiday Inn Atrium 317 Outram Road
Singapore 169075
Time: 10 AM

To apply to Emirates, candidates must have a minimum of 4000 total and 2000 multi-crew, multi-engine jet hours; or a total of 2500 hours on a modern commercial jet aircraft, ICAO ATPL, ICAO English level (4 or above) and be current within the last 12 months.

We will provide candidates with a round trip ticket to Dubai from an Emirates destination to attend our Selection Programme.

For further information on all aspects related to flying for Emirates and to apply online, please visit www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com)

Yippee Kaiyeah!!!
Neither do I have the ratings nor the hours...:{

so none of my freaking bussiness :ugh:

anyone out there has a job for a zero jet hours guy with a lapsed 320 rating? anyone? anyone? :ouch: