PDA

View Full Version : AI recruiting B77 Expat DECs - again.

Plectron
21st Jul 2010, 09:19
Looks like they are beating the bushes for B777 Captains again via various employment agencies. I thought the expats were persona non grata. Any info on what the story really is?

break_break
21st Jul 2010, 11:41
Had a good laugh when I received the T & C from my agency. I guess AI recruitment must have done their "homework" with thousands of rated 777 PIC couldn't wait to jump the wagon.
I seriously hope no one would bother to even respond with that sort of remuneration package.
Before anyone asks, I do have my lines drawn before making a move as an expat to Asia.
1. Realistic pay compensation. Nothing less than US13K nett per month.
2. Good record of employment history wrt expat contracts. (Hence that rules out ANY job in China.)
3. Fair and reasonable training expectations.(This rules Korean out since you will never be sure of your fate, independent of your attitude and effort; this is based on my peers' feedback.)
And if all the above conditions are present, I'm fine with any demand for good standard and work attitude. I'll do anything and even fly the brown side up if the SOP says so and Boeing approves of it.
And yes too, these outfits do exist. Am having a go at one of them now. :E

fourgolds
22nd Jul 2010, 09:05
Break Break. I agree totally. If more were like you , perhaps we could drive up T&C,s around the world. Also improving everything this profession should be. Sadly , they will get people.

I personally would hire you.

fullforward
22nd Jul 2010, 09:52
The problem is some of us sell ourselves so cheap: even enjoying good retirements, lump sums etc there are grandpas lining up for any crap that strap them on a shiny jet! WTF!
G R E E D Y!
Such people always dump the market.

Goofyfoot
22nd Jul 2010, 12:21
I think you will find the "grandpa's" built it up and the
"now generation" of "please can I fly your shiny jet for bugger all", screwed it up.

break_break
22nd Jul 2010, 14:18
fourgolds
Surely felt good for a moment there with your comments. And yes, we all can just do our best to "protect" our ever deteriorating conditions. Some have optimistically prepared for the final turn-around of the market demand for high time rated pilots, to which I'm won't hold my breath on simply because right now, it's a musical chair situation; especially between Middle East and Asia.
Guys who are desperate for a job, I do sympathize with their situation and hope things will turn for the better the next time round and obviously they would grab whatever that comes along. Guys who'd retired or taken pension and wouldn't give a rat for the actual pay, I hope they can at least give a thought for the younger lots and demand a more reasonable package. And for guys who are about to shell out couple of hundreds Gs to join the club, I hope they have the endurance to last the waiting game with all these P2F schemes.
And back to A.I, was told that this may just be another useless drive to test the market and not so much on making the numbers.

Plectron
22nd Jul 2010, 16:17
Investigation now reveals that the sudden rush for the booking agents has something to do with the arrival of 787s. I think the jobs are very temporary. It is the most vague and strange T&C I have ever seen. Incredible, to coin a term.

TopTup
24th Jul 2010, 07:01
Do yourself a favor and invest in a 1 week vacation (perhaps not the right word) and visit Mumbai and Delhi and stay where the expats working for AI do. Meet them, chat with them, drink with them. Gain a completely informed view of what you're are getting yourself in for, then make a decision whether or not to take the contract. If you're still able to get staff rates on tickets then all the more reason. (My advice would be to NOT fly on AI....personal and professional choice).

It could be the cheapest insurance you ever undertook by way of mental stress and professional anguish.

B737NG
25th Jul 2010, 09:40
Hello fellow Aviators and Spectators,

Every 6 weeks home for 2, is that not a short time only? Makes it 84 days a Year only. I´ve spent last year over 130 days at home without any paycut. The least should be 8 to 10 per month. Payrate is not that high either.

How is the condition for Guy´s living close to JFK, LHR or FRA? how many days they get? 1000 hrs per year you clock up fast if you fly 20 days per month. Do you sit idle somewhere in the middle of nowhere in between?

I had a mate there who left recently and he seemed to cover with it because his "target" faded away from being home, unfortunatly he is divorced by now.

I would appreciate some feedback, if you do not want to make it public then PM me and I will contact you then accordingly. For me it is time to make a decission where to go from here and when, so open for any advice.....

When is the DGCA proud enough again to tell the Operators that they do not issue validations anymore? Had a Rampcheck last Year at JFK and the FAA-Inspector talked a while about the plan that the Indians want to get "rid" of all Expats by this summer if possible. Maybe they scared too many away and now the numbers are not good enough to grow with National Pilots anymore, as previously discussed here in PPRUNE and now it is time to catch a running market. Liable DEC positions for B777 drivers are not too many on the market and it is crucial to make a choice when the chance is there. It is diffrent in the B737, there is always a seat somewhere to cover the bills until the sun rises again and the greener posture is seen in a diffrent light.

Fly safe and land happy

NG