PDA

View Full Version : Yeovilton on the move?

its the bish
20th Jul 2010, 16:09
Just been watching a repeat of 'how do they do that' on Dave tv channel, apparrently the Black Cats display team are based at Yeovilton Wiltshire :confused: !!!

Rakshasa
20th Jul 2010, 20:11
Easy mistake to make. The airfield is only just in Somerset(!).

dead_pan
20th Jul 2010, 22:34
Wiltshire has long-held ambitions over its western neighbour. Forces are massing on the border as we speak.

L J R
21st Jul 2010, 02:05
....but Madonna has gone elsewhere. Her nice house remains on the 'Front'

hoodie
21st Jul 2010, 11:05
That's a different theatre, L J S - the Wilts/Dorzet campaign. :}

Impiger
21st Jul 2010, 12:08
Have the Wilts Rifles learned nothing from history? War on two fronts is doomed to failure.

EyesFront
21st Jul 2010, 12:21
I'm a West Zummerset lad myself, and our borders have always been a closely guarded secret, with most non-locals assuming that Devon started at Minehead.

Perhaps we should follow Cornwall's lead with a strongly fortified land boundary to avoid confusion...

dead_pan
21st Jul 2010, 13:58
Perhaps we should follow Cornwall's lead with a strongly fortified land boundary to avoid confusion...

Madonna has gone elsewhere. Her nice house remains on the 'Front'

That'll be part of the Madge-enot line.

Incidentally, whatever happened to the Wessex Liberation Front? Didn't he give up and become a solicitor.

Something witty
21st Jul 2010, 16:55
At least it they were not (I assume) referred to as the 'RAF' Black Cats or anything similar!

snafu
22nd Jul 2010, 22:42
The 'Wessex Liberation Front'!!!?? We're the Liberation Front of Wessex!

:ok:

L J R
23rd Jul 2010, 07:20
..Which is not to be confused with the popular Wessex People's Front...The one with the affiliation with the West Wiltshire Popular Peoples front of West Wiltshire...you know, the one with the Gannett....! (and Madonnas Ex Home....in Dorset..near Compton Abbas - our forward staging base..)

....oh gowd - resisting the temptation to slash ones wrists...