PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Volcanic ash compensation

mrmrsmith
20th Jul 2010, 08:31
Hi, I emailed my claim to Virgin on the 12 of May 10 and have still heard nothing. Am I the only one to have heard nothing or are others still waiting ?

Doodles
11th Aug 2010, 13:50
Can't speak for VS but my BA claim was dealt with within a few weeks and for once, I couldnt fault the BA customer service system. Worked a dream. I'd chase VS v.hard if I were you!

mrmrsmith
17th Aug 2010, 15:50
Finally heard back from Virgin, and I must say happy with what was offered. Just waiting on the bank transfer now. Will help take the sting out of the wallet having to stay and extra 11 days in Florida................:)

raffele
17th Aug 2010, 16:57
Well done! Persistence does pay dividends - be glad you flew with a British carrier and not KLM, whom you might know are refusing to cough up...

mrmrsmith
17th Aug 2010, 18:09
Didn't know KLM aren't paying out that's well out of order, I don't agree with the EU reg that the airlines have to pay out but in my case I'm happy with the EU for once. KLM aka air france not the same now lost out on 10,ooo plus air miles when air france arrived on the seen, letters ignored etc.
Though would fly KLM of air france to be part of this
YouTube - 747 Landing Sunset Maho Beach St Maarten (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMMLmfVa-k&feature=related)
what an airport, best I think now old hong kong airport no longer, what a place that was, I remember being in a local bar near the airport,:D killing time before fight home to UK, place shook every time a 747 came in, three or four to a small beer if memory serves me well................