PDA

View Full Version : Low time South African Instructor and work abroad

SouthernBlaze
19th Jul 2010, 08:20
Hi there all,

I know this topic has probably been covered but as far as I can find, there are only very old topics addressing this or they not specific enough to be of much help to me and for those who are in the know of those topic please bear with me. I would like to ask a few things with a fresh topic focusing on instructors from South Africa that have the intention of moving abroad to further their career.

It has recently been brought to my attention there are a few jobs in the east for fresh instructors. I have no idea where to start looking and have been searching countless hours through many different sights that deal mostly with jobs that require highly experienced pilots. As far as I can gather, through my on-foot job hunts and random calls to countless companies in the past 2 years since acquiring my CPL, attempting to seek that elusive break into the aviation industry, I now realise that it’s all about someone pointing you in the right direction. It’s without a doubt who you know and not what you know in this industry which doesn’t help a docile introvert such as myself.

So I appeal to those that have overcome the cliché “I have the license but not the hours and need the hours for the job but can’t get the job without the hours” to help point me in the right direction. I would absolutely love to work in a foreign country and learn a new language and new traditions whilst training aviation enthusiasts. Willing to travel anywhere in the world and willing to fly anything that’s airworthy, legal and that’s as close to a sure thing as is possible.

To get back on the topic I would like to know where I can refine my search for work not just the countries to focus on but the flight schools, small charter companies and processes that experienced South African pilots and the like have endeavoured.

Any positive advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. Blue skies!!!:ok:

MartinCh
23rd Jul 2010, 03:10
It's been mentioned that Indonesia has need for some instructors.
Check out their schools, surf into East Asia sub-section/forum as well.
From what I've read previous months, there are new flight schools being set up etc.