PDA

View Full Version : Forms for Day/Nights Skill test- CPL conversion

avicon
18th Jul 2010, 13:00
Hello all

DGCA makes it specific that they will only accept the skill tests done on forms designed by DGCA.

I am going to do my recency flights. Please help.

1)As far as my understanind goes, the Day and night skill tests are an internal test done by any instructor and signed off. Is this still accepted. On which form?

2) Also, I need to do ME/IR. Is tehe a prescribed form for this. If not, is there one that others have used and been accepted by DGCA for ME endorsement.

3) My original flight test for CPL was done in Piper Arrow. Can I now do the recency checks/skill tests in C152 to cut costs. Yes, I am endorsed on that aircraft.

If anyone who has had to go back for the puropose of recency and has successfully resubmitted papers at DGCA can give me allt he info I need for this trip please let me know. My papers should not be rejected again as I simply cannot afford another trip overseas.

avicon
18th Jul 2010, 13:05
Form CA 40 is for Day/Night skill test.

I am not aware of a form for IR test. Do they have one?

Any other forms that need to be submitted for conversion apart from CA39 and CA40?

Do we need CA 40B?

Please help.

avalanche007
18th Jul 2010, 14:38
hi
you need ca39, ca40 and ca40B forms
for ir the perfoma speccified on the dgca is fine but it should be on the school's letterhead

avicon
19th Jul 2010, 10:21
Many thanks for your reply.

It used to be common to not do the actual CASA IR test where I did my training. Instead, what students do is do an internal test and then submit that on a letterhead for the conversion. Is this practise still acceptable with the DGCA.

Can you please tell me where I can find this IR proforma on DGCA site that you are talking about?

There is one file names ir_a.pdf, is that the one. What about IR proficiency test form, when is that used.

avicon
19th Jul 2010, 10:23
What about CA40A. Is that not required?

avalanche007
19th Jul 2010, 10:33
ca40A forrms are for getting a rating of an aircraft under co-pilot category
so you dont need them as you will be getting your 152/172/pa34/etc rating under PIC

and i did my whole IR flight test in canada and acquired IR rating on my canadian cpl too
but still i had to get the performa printed on school's letterhead

and what you are saying is yes still excepted by dgca

to get the performa of the IR certificate and all other documents to be submitted to DGCA, please visit this site

conversion documents format - Indian Commercial Pilots Network (http://www.icpn.in/index.php?/topic/238-conversion-documents-format/)