PDA

View Full Version : Assault In Vietnam

fullforward
18th Jul 2010, 00:58
A new thread about expats pilots being violently assaulted in Vietnam was removed with no apparent reason.
Looks like it was internally censored. Is there any reason for that?:confused:

kilomikedelta
18th Jul 2010, 01:05
Perhaps something to do with Americans never being wrong?

11Fan
18th Jul 2010, 01:28
The OP has the ability to delete it himself.

Give it a try.

Good Night Viet Nam

kilomikedelta
18th Jul 2010, 01:37
Or herself? This isn't a gender specific forum.

Adrian Cronauer
18th Jul 2010, 01:40
esterday an Aussy and a Canadian, both A330 captains at VNA were attacked in two separate incidents. The aussy was attached by a taxi drive. The Canadian by three thugs trying to rob him at a parking garage. the canadian had surgery and current condition is unknown.

previously these vicious vietnamese put an a320 captain into hospital. beware. the vietnamese are becoming increasingly jealous of expats and have taken to using violence against them at any opportunity. the police refuse to respond which leaves the foreign expats helpless.

why the pprune police want to remove that info? who knows mate.

kilomikedelta
18th Jul 2010, 01:43
Thanks for that information.

11Fan
18th Jul 2010, 01:47
http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/adriancronauer.gif

Adrian, is that you?

I could be wrong though. It's bound to happen sooner or later.

kilomikedelta
18th Jul 2010, 01:52
One hundred thousand North American litigation lawyers want to bet billable hours that you are wrong. They have nothing other for which to live.

11Fan
18th Jul 2010, 02:05
Last I checked, Toronto was in North America so I guess we'll split them, eh? That said, I'm sure there are any number of better ambulances to chase.

Back to the story. Here's the previous thread which Adrian commented on in his first - now mysteriously missing- thread. Interesting read though. Oddly enough, no source quoted in that one either.

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/390164-vietnam-airlines-foreign-pilot-assaulted.html

Edit: Removed irrelevant observation.

Metro man
18th Jul 2010, 02:10
Would the Canadians initials be PJ by any chance ? :ooh:

Adrian Cronauer
18th Jul 2010, 02:16
Thats him. one of your mates is he?

Metro man
18th Jul 2010, 02:24
Flown with him a few times.:(

SomeGuyOnTheDeck
18th Jul 2010, 02:44
A new thread about expats pilots being violently assaulted in Vietnam was removed with no apparent reason.
At a guess, because it didn't belong in the forum? Or maybe because there wasn't any link to evidence that it actually happened? Or that if it did, it happened because they were pilots...

11Fan
18th Jul 2010, 02:50
At a guess, because it didn't belong in the forum?

Perhaps.

The thread from 2009 on a similar subject (link above) is over in the South Asia and the Far East Forum.

SomeGuyOnTheDeck
18th Jul 2010, 03:15
To be honest, I can't see why this belongs in the South Asia and the Far East Forum either. It gives no sources. And neither does it offer any evidence of why the nationality of the participants was relevant anyway, given that the original incident was (if it actually happened at all) a road traffic accident. If you work in a foreign country, and get hit by a car, it will most likely be driven by foreigners...

PA-28-180
18th Jul 2010, 04:12
"If you work in a foreign country, and get hit by a car, it will most likely be driven by foreigners..."

If you work in a foreign country, then YOU are the 'foreigner', me thinks. :}

Ireland105
18th Jul 2010, 05:51
Jesus fellas - can we just stick to the topic at hand instead of throwing your nickers around at each other. Does anyone have anymore details on this - were these genuine unprevoked attacks ?
Is it just me or are a lot of VN pilots getting assaulted these days.....??

oldpax
18th Jul 2010, 06:12
Bit odd only pilots being assaulted?There are plenty civil eng projects there as well as power plant jobs plus a load of tourists,no noise from them yet regarding assaults.

olepilot
18th Jul 2010, 08:34
Are you following their respective forums?