PDA

View Full Version : To REG

metrosmoker
17th Jul 2010, 10:17
I found this aritcle today. Except for the fact it was titled 'Spot the Northwest Flight Attendant', I could have been mistaken for it being about Jet*. The other give away was that the article relates only to flight attendants, not the whole company which is the case at JQ.
I don`t have Bruces email address, so I was hoping someone could forward this for me. If BB is to busy harrassing employees who haven`t done a survey. One that they actually have done, yet the inadequate computer system cant record this fact, then just get him to read the excerpt below. It pretty much sums in up.

"The point is, corporate culture matters. How management chooses to treat its people impacts everything – for better or for worse. Gordon Bethune, the former CEO of Continental Airlines, was able to transform Continental Airlines from the worst airline in the industry into the one of the highest rated without changing the equipment or the people. He did it by focusing not on the customer, but on the employees. He managed the culture and worked to empower his employees."

For everyone else, here is the link.
Simon Sinek: Spot The Northwest Flight Attendant (http://industry-news.org/2010/07/06/simon-sinek-spot-the-northwest-flight-attendant/)

ratpoison
17th Jul 2010, 11:12
Metro,
It will be impossible to turn that airline around as the moron is hell bent on ridding the company of hard working AUSTRALIANS and replacing them with third world foreign crew. Mix that with the fact of his well known hatred of employees and the employees hatred of him, does not leave a pleasant place to work which is then imparted onto the bogan clientele.:uhoh:
But as it was once said some thirty years ago and is so applicable to aviation in Oz these days:

The airlines spell safety with a dollar sign and the FAA practices regulation by death.
— Patricia Robertson Miller, 'Chicago Sun-Times,' 1 August 1979.

waren9
17th Jul 2010, 11:15
metrosmoker

I'll give you a clue mate

first name dot last name at jetstar dot com

Good luck.

QFinsider
17th Jul 2010, 11:55
Other than funny business on QF93, he was Boston Consulting Group.
His aviation knowledge on people skills could fit on the back of a postage stamp in rather large print......

Cactusjack
18th Jul 2010, 12:17
Metrosmoker

"The point is, corporate culture matters. How management chooses to treat its people impacts everything – for better or for worse. Gordon Bethune, the former CEO of Continental Airlines, was able to transform Continental Airlines from the worst airline in the industry into the one of the highest rated without changing the equipment or the people. He did it by focusing not on the customer, but on the employees. He managed the culture and worked to empower his employees."

Sounds great in theory, and perhaps Gordy was one of a kind, but generally in Australia our airlines at the very senior level are not run by aviation knowledgeable people, rather the airlines are run by academics, doctors of finance, accountants and ego driven tosspots who can count $$ but would know nothing about people management, long term strategies or safety systems. They are silver spoon corporate stooges hell bent on securing their personal final future funds with multi million dollar linings that they can live excessively on at age 40, at any cost.

QFinsider,

Other than funny business on QF93, he was Boston Consulting Group.
His aviation knowledge on people skills could fit on the back of a postage stamp in rather large print......

Aagh yes, so true on both counts.