PDA

View Full Version : Kalibo Flight school (Philipines)

Flying Mechanic
17th Jul 2010, 08:20
a friend of mine is looking at training at a flight school there, does anyone have any feedback/experiences.

Aerocadet
18th Jul 2010, 01:56
Are you sir referring to this school? :hmm:

AIRCREW FLIGHT TRAINING ACADEMY PHILIPPINES (http://www.aircrewflightacademy.com/)

Flying Mechanic
18th Jul 2010, 04:59
yes, thats the one. Anyone have any experiences/feedback there?

Alpha 6
18th Jul 2010, 07:48
Just checked their website. I did not see any local/s in the management side. If they are ran by Iranians and Indians, then it is a little questionable, for me.

However, those ME airplanes are pretty. If what they are saying is true, applicants to operate in the charter or cargo ops after the training, then it is amazing I must say.

Just check first with CAAP about this FTO (safety records, airworthiness of the airplanes, student passing ratio, CFI experience, etc.) before enrolling.

Just my two cents

A6 :cool:

avalanche007
18th Jul 2010, 08:21
no their owner is indian
lalit bharadwaj
and i have heard that its a genuine school and also no over logging at all

Flying Mechanic
18th Jul 2010, 14:23
thanks for your input Alpha 6. So is the college a feeder of students to these cargo/charter ops. I fly out of RPLL and often see light twins and wonder where they get pilots from. Wonder why an Indain owesa flight school here in the Phils, interesting.Thanks again, FM

tian yu
20th Jul 2010, 09:17
Yup, the owner is a reasonable & fair minded guy. A thumbs up to any Indian national seeking to start their career. :ok: Their CFI is also a very experienced and good pilot.

Ridge Runner
20th Jul 2010, 11:50
Are they DGCA approved?

Rightwingheavy
20th Jul 2010, 19:14
is the CFI named "striker" by any chance?

Flying Mechanic
22nd Jul 2010, 07:02
once the pilots graduate they get work experience on charter A/C? how does this work?

thrust clb
22nd Jul 2010, 13:33
those two yellow airplanes there described as " used for aircraft charters" ...the Twin Bonanza Crashed about a year ago. The Yellow Baron RP-C 317,was repossessed by the real owner for non-payment of debts about a month ago. It is now in Busuanga airport with the left-hand engine having a broken crankshaft. :ugh: