PDA

View Full Version : lLooking for ME/IFR course from Florida

briso
16th Jul 2010, 00:12
Please, anyone who have good experience send me some kind of info the school. :) If you know some good price vs value, i would be more than happy to know that.

PIELORD
16th Jul 2010, 12:38
Hi Briso
I'm presuming your looking for FAA ratings since you mention IR.
I'm currently training at Phoenix East Aviation in Daytona Beach (KDAB) and would be very happy to recommend them. Very new large fleet , pretty much all G1000 equipped. Good instructors and very good learning enviroment as Daytona is very busy with lots of other airports and beacons in the locality.
A large proportion of the students are European but there is a mix from all over the world.
If you would like any further details please feel free to contact me. :ok:

BigGrecian
16th Jul 2010, 15:19
To expand upon PIELORD's comments.

The initial JAA IR cannot be completed outside JAA airspace so cannot be completed as a whole in the US. The last 15 hours minimum and test must be done in JAA airspace.

Alexander87
20th Jul 2010, 16:39
Quite sure recommendation don't choose OFT in Kissimee!
Prices higher compared to few years ago,too much guys,maintenance not good,staff not so much friendly and helpfull.

There's a small friendly comfortable flight school in Winter Haven called "Tailwheels etc." with good instructors,honest staff and really good examiner!
In low season maybe you could be just the second or third student in that school!

But,I guess there is even much more around Florida to choose....