PDA

View Full Version : Mountain High Consultants Ltd / Airborne Personnel Ltd

Tunfisk
15th Jul 2010, 14:01
Is this scam or not?
I got this e-mail, telling to register my details.

Anyone know anything?

sunny11410
15th Jul 2010, 14:42
no fake
Airborne Personnel Ltd seeking experienced pilots on behalf of Air Atlanta Icelandic ( B747-400 )!

Don't know Mountain High Consultants Ltd

Cheers

AAIGUY
15th Jul 2010, 15:11
Same Players.. different company front.
they legitimately represent AAI on hiring.

Tunfisk
15th Jul 2010, 21:32
Great.
Well, I send in my application, maybe be so lucky to join old friends down in Jeddah.

Thx

t-bird200
15th Jul 2010, 22:04
Unfortunatly my appliction (send on a mac) through Flightglobal is not being forwarded does anybody have by chance the email adress of Airborne Personnel LTD?

Gr,

Thomas

Idle Reverse
18th Jul 2010, 09:37
I seem to think that Airborne and Mountain High have always been in place together. So no new surprises there.

You might want to try contacting Ann Anderson

( on behalf of Airborne Personnel Ltd )

Mountain High Consultants Ltd

Phone: + 44 (0) 1293 614 513
Fax: +44 (0) 8702 419 859

4th Floor
Stoner House, London Road
Crawley, West Sussex
RH10 8LJ, UK.

Good luck. My memories of Air Atlanta are all very good ones . . many, many good guys are out there working with them.

Regards to all my old friends . . . particularly Lolli !! ;) . . . hopefully get to fly with some of again this year at the Hajj

:D

Dash2Class
18th Jul 2010, 10:41
Rumor is the guys will only be cruise pilots for the 100 hours then you get left at home to make way for another sorry sap to pay $$$$$$ to sit and operate radios. It's a paperwork exercise to keep client happy.

proxus
18th Jul 2010, 23:23
Not bad for a first gig if you get paid good $$$ for it, as is done in this case.

SpringbokDreamer
19th Jul 2010, 08:23
Proxus. Where did you get that idea from????

$50 a day is all they have to pay you till check out. After that they are not obliged to keep you on.
:mad:

sean747
19th Jul 2010, 09:08
job at Mountainhigh :ok: info

kelb
23rd Jul 2010, 22:22
stay away from Alex and Jerry:mad:

scud11
30th Jul 2010, 17:06
Hi guys,
know nothing about air atlanta icelandic; what kind of schedule do they do? where are the crew based? wage for F/O?
Thanks for any information provided!

sean747
30th Jul 2010, 18:37
IndexHelpA A+ A++

Home > ABOUT US > Careers
Corporate profile
Management
Careers
Requirements
Job Openings
Job Application
Contacts
Help
Careers
Thank you for your interest in an employment with Air Atlanta Icelandic. Air Atlanta Icelandic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, gender or age.

Applications are reviewed and those who qualify are then contacted for further details.

Requirements for different positions
Job Openings
Job Application

Air Atlanta Icelandic Hlidasmari 3 201 Kopavogur Tel: (+354) 458-4000 Fax: (+354) 458 4001 © 2005 Legal Notice Site map FAQ

S Berlusconi
31st Jul 2010, 14:08
Hi,
I applied online and am invited to the simulator screening for Airborne Personnel in two weeks. Been searching other posts covering Air Atlanta in great detail.

Anyone here has any facts about rosters, F/O pay, quality of training, current working conditions, expansion plans? Any comments appreciated (good or bad)
cheers :ok:

Chuffer Chadley
29th Aug 2010, 07:03
Any more info on this?

Likely bases for L/T? Content of sim ride?

Cheers
CC

Tarzanboy
29th Aug 2010, 10:15
This is a money machine, who actually transferred the us$300 and got a job?
Can you imagine, if all airlines would start asking a fee for interviews :sad:

GlueBall
1st Sep 2010, 14:45
Your profile says that you're London based. No? If actually you live there, maybe you could spare a few hours and actually visit the Airborne/Mountain-whatever UK office, supposedly near one of the London area airports, and update interested Ppruners with first hand info? :ooh:

Mr HF
1st Sep 2010, 18:32
Just go to Gatwick,creapy Crawley,Stoner house,downtown,2nd floor.
Ask for FAT ALEX, Tell him if he still has a legal permit to run Airborne and if he is still the owner as he said in court.They asked him of his legal residense ,as a icelandic ,non EU citizen he didnt have any.What could you expect from a cod fishead?
AAI is worse than ever! Poor fellow collegues thats being discriminating 100%.We as Pilots and Collegues off AAI should not tolerate this **** going on to our classic 747 crews, Cmon !

Nippon1
2nd Sep 2010, 09:03
Mr HF

You are correct...Fat Alex swore in court that he was the 100% owner of Airborne....also that he has no work permit or EU citizenship. Therefore I find it difficlt to understand how he can operate inthe UK...he is no more than an illegal worker

FK9
12th Oct 2010, 12:15
Hello Guys,

In reply to Mr HF 's comment:"We as Pilots and Collegues off AAI should not tolerate this **** going on to our classic 747 crews, Cmon !", I would like to react.

There is a misconception about Iceland and the Icelandic people, most of them are nice ,educated family minded and warm people.
As with any entity there is of course a few idiots and they usually give a bad impression affecting the whole lot.

Regarding EU work permits for Icelandic citizen there is no need for it Iceland is a full member of the EEA and EFTA and is a Schengen area state.

The EEA is based on the same"four freedoms" (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/Four_Freedoms_(European_Union)) as the European Community (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/European_Community): the free movement of goods, persons, services, and capital among the EEA countries. Thus, the EFTA countries that are part of the EEA enjoy free trade with the European Union.
As a counterpart, these countries have to adopt part of the Law of the European Union (http://www.pprune.org/wiki/Law_of_the_European_Union). Thank you wikepedia. So why would Icelandic citizen need a work permit.

On the other hand , Icelandic law is quite tough and quite clear about hiring of foreign workers (outside EEA) they even publish it in English on the webite of their ministry of labor :Legislation | Ministry of Social Affairs and Social Security (http://eng.felagsmalaraduneyti.is/legislation/nr/2223) (google temporary work agency act Iceland 139/2005 to download it it's small file)

Article 4 para 1 and 3 amonst others are quite interesting Para 1) Airborne as a temporary work agency has to prove to the Icelandic government that it's employes are covered by social ecurity in their own country...the way around it is you are not an Airborne employee but a "contractor" which in term is subcontracted to AAI so now you are responsible for that tough luck, but wait hope still remains

Para 3 states that if the temporary work agency provides a worker who is a non-European economic area citizen EFTA citizen or Faeroe Islands then they have to have a work permit in the country of the temporary work agency in this case for Airborne the UK... our fellow US citizen, South Africans, Malay and other will have a hard time getting that in a fortnight (Flight deck or cabin crews)

Section 3 Para 5,7,8 are worth reading actually the whole Act is worth reading as well as the Icelandic Labor Law (Google search it) and you will realize that everything most AAI contractors (except retired airline and other rare cases) are bi:mad:ng about maybe illegal to the eyes of the Icelandic regulators. But as long as you do not complain ... nobody will do it for you.
Read thoroughly through Icelandic regulations and labor laws and you will never call them cod heads anymore you will call yourself names for acting illegally on Icelandic airplanes, evading Icelandic tax laws and degrading the Icelandic living standards by working for less advantages.

If you don't like it take your future into your hands calling the devil "fat Alex" or other will not help file a complaint with the ministry of labor all the emails are available on the website.

Good flights guys

Why am I not signing my name and my 4 letter code?:=pretty self explanatory:D