PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Roadshow hits Mauritius

inchallah
14th Jul 2010, 13:19
Emirates wants you!!!

So anyone keen to move across? Words on the street are a few skippers are keen on the DEC? Had drinks recently with an MK Captain and couple of crew who all confirmed many guys are looking to go. They mentioned about the new contract changes coming your way, I'm told pay cuts in the vicinity of 20-30%, can that be right?

Does management(PB) seriously think people are going to stay around for less money but wait there's more, permanent contract.:= Does that mean expats can now be promoted just like locals and get commands just as easily? :ugh:

I guess, nothing like been treated like and expats and getting paid like a local unless of course my sources are completely wrong, although somehow I doubt that very much, since they have been there a long(very long) time.:ok:

Inchallah Habibi's.:D

flyingwerks
14th Jul 2010, 17:29
Think you right, mate of mine there says they have renewed no contracts just extended them for 3 months with nothing written, saying some sort of contract will be out soon.
Think writing on the wall there..good luck fellas.:ugh:

AF022
15th Jul 2010, 04:01
I haven't followed the forum in a while, but are things going south for MK? Why?

exde
15th Jul 2010, 06:24
All the above is true. Only the promotion thing for expats is the proverbial carrot.Only once all the local guys are upgraded. Management is expecting to loose many of the expat F/O's and most likely a few of the Capt's. Is a downsize on the cards?

inchallah
15th Jul 2010, 17:25
Yes I figured my sources were pretty much on the money about this.:D I guess most of the MK guys are reluctant to make any comments as they are nervously awaiting the arrival of the roadshow.:uhoh:
Wonder if Bany will send some of his spies out to tick the names of those who attend? :ugh:
All the best lads, see you up here soon. :ok:

TwinJock
17th Jul 2010, 15:43
Words on the street are a few skippers are keen on the DEC

DEC's at EK, again?

Daftpunk2008
21st Jul 2010, 07:17
In Lexpress newspaper today:

Recruiters from Dubay are actually in Mauritius and they are looking for First Officers with 4000 hrs flying time with 2000 hrs minimum on Multi-engine jet.

The 29th july an open day will be held at Four Point Sheraton, Ebene.

The differents rumours are confirmed!!!!:D

icarus009
31st Jul 2010, 12:58
Soon to an airport near you:

Out of pilots, Philippine airline grounds flights

gulfnews : Out of pilots, Philippine airline grounds flights (http://gulfnews.com/news/world/philippines/out-of-pilots-philippine-airline-grounds-flights-1.661956)

Heritage 1
2nd Aug 2010, 12:40
So anyone keen to move across? Words on the street are a few skippers are keen on the DEC?

Although this may change, there are no DEC's for EK at the moment. Sorry to dissappoint those planning to move across.