PDA

View Full Version : jet airways

Pages : [1] 2

A340AM
12th Jul 2010, 18:08
hey guys
heard jet airways is apparently conducting a written for the guys belonging to ministry levels , all wid political contacts or similar , its all bin pretty hushed up:oh: nd supposedly 24th july has bin set as d date
ny1 got any info regarding that
tc cheers

al_7990
12th Jul 2010, 18:31
heard so....lets c

Pulkdahulk
12th Jul 2010, 19:57
yup, this is true news. How did you hear about it by the way a340AM

cats200
13th Jul 2010, 12:35
ya even i heard that jet is coming with exam n stuff....but i thought the exam is going to be for every one...!!! are u sure the exam is for only for "KIDS WITH SOME JUGAD"..??:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Capt_Lsd
13th Jul 2010, 12:57
BANG ON,,,around the 24th,,and not for everyone:=..that's what iv heard too,,

alphabravocharlie1
13th Jul 2010, 13:05
are u sure the exam is for only for "KIDS WITH SOME JUGAD"..??:ugh::ugh::ugh:

exam is for everyone.

job is for only kids with jugad.

:E

SuperflyTNT
13th Jul 2010, 13:58
I don't think Jet airways works that way. I heard that only the ones that clear the written, interview and then go on to clear the sim test are the ones that will be be given a job offer.

RNP2
13th Jul 2010, 14:34
Are you sure about this because jet airways still has a number of people who are yet to get endorsed...

cats200
13th Jul 2010, 14:58
Are u sure the exam is for every 1..? Even i heard its only for the Jugad members.....and u can get in jet airways if u have some influence it hapens every where and jet is no different..!!!!!

dragstar
13th Jul 2010, 15:12
Are they advertising about the exam etc?
any heads up on how to apply for it?

jimmygill
13th Jul 2010, 21:20
I don't think Jet airways works that way. I heard that only the ones that clear the written, interview and then go on to clear the sim test are the ones that will be be given a job offer.

SuperflyTNT,

You don't need to worry too much because your illusion is not going to last beyond 24th July.

Enjoy

cats200
16th Jul 2010, 09:41
Heard another rumor that jet is coming with exam for every one...the add will come out around 15th aug and they need ME IR...:ugh::ugh::ugh:

nikhilheb
16th Jul 2010, 11:15
ME-IR? So type rating is to be self sponsored i assume?

VictorFoxtrot
16th Jul 2010, 11:21
Self Sponsored rating is compulsory now...one of my friends who is one of the 45
guys who were recalled by Jet said they have all paid the 1st installment of Rs.7.5 lacs out of 15 lacs total for their ratings:ugh:....they are currently undergoing ground classes at mumbai....

cats200
16th Jul 2010, 16:02
guys any idea if this vacancy is gona be for 737 or ATR..??

A340AM
16th Jul 2010, 16:33
do they need current multi -ir
or ir endorsed on ur multi ??

charliezuluvictor
20th Jul 2010, 18:49
Hey guys,
I heard that some candidates are called for the written exam on 1st August for Jet Airways....I heard that 2300+ students called...could someone shed some more light on this ?

jimmygill
20th Jul 2010, 18:59
Apparently they have exam on 1st August, Bombay and Delhi.

Roll Numbers for Bombay start with 1xxx and for delhi 2xxx,
Now someone may have a roll number 2300, which means he/she is 300th candidate at Delhi center, not a total of 2300 candidate.

SuperflyTNT
20th Jul 2010, 19:05
4 for KOLKATA, 3 for CHENNAI

bombayhues
20th Jul 2010, 19:42
Any idea if they are done sending mails or they are yet to send a few more? Coz unfortunately, I haven't received an email :(

soaring.high
20th Jul 2010, 20:26
When did jet come up with an advertisement regarding FO positions? How did the guys who have been invited to appear in the written apply for the position(Or Is this exam being held for the kids of politicians and commanders)? I just saw a tini-tiny ad in the career section of their web site which stated they required type rated FOs.No specifications given about hour requirements nor the licence type.I think the ad was floated just to pacify the unemployed lads without any backing or JUGAAD !! I was shocked when I read jet has already allotted role nos for the exam and the exam is scheduled to be held on 1st august.I might have been ingnorant but never heard anything regarding jet air openings from fellow aviators as well.Wish the system could be a little more transparent and enduser friendly.

Dagar
20th Jul 2010, 23:59
charliezuluvictor,they are Pilots not students,its not a CBSE board exam.

itsbrokenagain
21st Jul 2010, 03:08
soaring.high, I know of 2 Pilots (ex flight students of mine) who have applied for Jet FO positions, they didnt wait for a advertisment, they got off their asses and just sent in applications. I asked how did they know there was jobs, they said there is no ads they just applied and got a response from Jet out of the blue so to say.

I havent heard though what has happened to them yet, I think they haven't been called for the exam but they know its coming .

stiffy_pro
21st Jul 2010, 03:49
Are thy sendin more mails or thy r done???

takeoffpowerset
21st Jul 2010, 04:55
I just read the rumor about Jet conducting a written exam on the 24 th for all the so called influential people :E so thought would just forward my updated resume no harm in doing that .... and was shocked to see the call letter yest night in the mail :confused: Just flow with whats happening :D

bornpilot777
21st Jul 2010, 05:38
<P>what is the date venue for exam of jet</P>

bornpilot777
21st Jul 2010, 05:41
what is the time $ venue mentioned in ur mail from jet

air on ice
21st Jul 2010, 05:45
whats the deal with jet? who pays for TR n is it a letter of appointment or intent

shanx
21st Jul 2010, 06:08
I might have been ingnorant but never heard anything regarding jet air openings from fellow aviators as well.Wish the system could be a little more transparent and enduser friendly.

soaring.high,

I feel for you. But .. here's one of the first few things I learnt about this industry (pertaining to aspirants/wannabes).

If you keep hearing lots of rumours and stuff, then 90% of the time it is fake BS.

However, if there is a lull, and no one is talking about ANYTHING whatsoever or keeping mum about any particular airline recruitment (especially your good friends), then 110% there's something on the cards very soon.

You can see how true the above statement is by simply going through various threads on pprune the last couple of years.

I guess there's no point in being a good samaritan when you're unemployed after spending Rs 25 Lakhs.

Sad but true.

aviator_kool
21st Jul 2010, 06:59
Hey Guys.... Its true...

Jet Airways Has come out with their Written test.
The exam is on 1st August.

So just provide any other information which ne1 can about the exams.
Till Then...

ALL THE BEST..!!!:ok: Guys...!!!

stiffy_pro
21st Jul 2010, 07:00
It's for delhi, don't know about the mumbai n chennai
As a part of the pilot selection process, you are requested to appear for a written test scheduled on Sunday, 1st August 2010 at 1100 hours at Army Public School, Ridge Road, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi - 10. You must report to the venue atleast 30 minutes prior to the start of the exam.

FlyingManutd
21st Jul 2010, 07:42
@ ALL Who got Email for Jet EXAM

Can anyone tell me where they sent there resumes and in which email id....kindly let me know...would appreciate very warmly.

Regards

soaring.high
21st Jul 2010, 08:18
@Its Broken Again,

I know of 2 Pilots (ex flight students of mine) who have applied for Jet FO positions, they didnt wait for a advertisment, they got off their asses and just sent in applications. I asked how did they know there was jobs, they said there is no ads they just applied and got a response from Jet out of the blue so to say.

Sir if that is the case then I have gotten off my ass atleast 50 times and have applied to Jet air.(without an advetisement !!)and probably that is the reason why my rear is quite firm...lol:) !! But havent been lucky even once.I might be wrong but I think its a mere co-incidence that your ex-students applied w/o an advertisement and got a call to take part in the selection process.Jet air has never responded to my mails or applications as yet.Anyway I hope that your ex-students put on a good show at the selection process.

@Shanx

I feel for you. But .. here's one of the first few things I learnt about this industry (pertaining to aspirants/wannabes).

Thank you very much for your kind words mate !!

I guess there's no point in being a good samaritan when you're unemployed after spending Rs 25 Lakhs.

You are right.Every thing is fare in love,war & Indian Aviation !! I still do hope that some of us w/o jugaad or political connections clear the selection process(Talking about those who have been called for the exams w/o jugaad !!) and be onboard of a shiny jet (Cant be me for sure lol...)

To all,
So all the guys who have been called for the written exam hold a type rating?(B-737NG or ATR 72).As per the advertisement its a pre requisit that you hold a TR.Just curious.

jimmygill
21st Jul 2010, 08:52
@itsbrokenagain

I guess you are on a different page as concerned to the latest development at JetAirways recruitment, because everything unfolded in past 12-15 hours only.

jimmygill
21st Jul 2010, 08:55
If you keep hearing lots of rumours and stuff, then 90% of the time it is fake BS.

So true. I must add that 9% of time its original BS also, that leaves very little.

stiffy_pro
21st Jul 2010, 09:06
Thy don't real care if u hve Multi IR or not, thy sendin call letter to every 1...:mad:

jimmygill
21st Jul 2010, 10:04
Thy don't real care if u hve Multi IR or not, thy sendin call letter to every 1...

Not every one.

bombayhues
21st Jul 2010, 12:17
So how is it decided who gets a call and who doesn't?

stiffy_pro
21st Jul 2010, 13:56
Thy still sendin call letters nd thy i'll do it till nxt wed....

takeoffpowerset
21st Jul 2010, 14:18
to clear all your doubts on the timing venue , following is the call letter.

Sub : Crew Recruitment – Trainee First Officer

Dear Applicant,

Please refer to your application for an opening as a Trainee First Officer.

As a part of the pilot selection process, you are requested to appear for a written test scheduled on Sunday, 1st August 2010 at 1100 hours at Army Public School, Ridge Road, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi - 10. You must report to the venue atleast 30 minutes prior to the start of the exam.

Kindly note that Jet Airways Trainee First Officer selection process will consist of the following stages:
Stage-1:

Written test:
Multiple-choice; objective type
Duration – about 4hrs. excluding lunch/tea breaks and Test briefing/ instruction/ practice Time (as specified in each Test).
Part-1: Mental ability Test consists of different types of Reasoning Tests
Part-2: Domain Aptitude Tests consisting of Technical, Performance, Instruments, Navigation, Radio Aids, Air Regulation and Meteorology

Candidates must bring pen, pencils & eraser to answer the Multiple choice, objective type Tests.

Computer, PDA, Spy pen, camera, Electronic storage/memory devices, hands free, ear phone and similar any other equipment and devices are strictly NOT ALLOWED in the Examination hall.

Mobile phone has to be STRICTLY in POWER OFF mode through-out the duration of the written Test and all time inside the Examination hall.

Stage-2:

Candidates qualifying in the written test will be invited to participate in “Jet Airways Pilot selection Assessment Centre”. Location, date and Time will be communicated to the candidate in a separate letter.

Assessment Centre:
Duration one full day
The assessment centre will consist of various exercises such as role plays, group discussions, individual and group tasks.

Stage-3:

Candidates qualifying in the assessment centre will appear for a Management Interview.

Stage-4:

Candidates qualifying in the interview will appear for screening on simulator (IPT).

Stage-5:

The successful candidates will be examined for pre-employment medicals.

Kindly note, you will have to makeyour own arrangements for travel, conveyance and accommodation and boarding during the whole selection process. You are requested to carry this letter along with a photo I. D., copy of the Indian CPL and 2 recent passport size photographs on the day of the written exam.

You may note that Jet Airways will consider you for employment only on the following conditions:-

You are an Indian national.
You have a valid Indian Commercial Pilots License (CPL); and
You are born on or after 1stAugust 1975

Wish you success.

Yours sincerely,
For JET AIRWAYS (I) LTD

SHREEKANT BHAGWAT
MANAGER-HR[/COLOR]

nikhilheb
21st Jul 2010, 16:34
Whom all did Jet mail for the exam? No fresh applicants?

dragstar
21st Jul 2010, 19:19
i think they are randomly sending call letters. most of my friends got it while I did not, even though we all applied together.

soaring.high
21st Jul 2010, 21:13
I think its all a set up (Or should I say Cover Up !!) by jet air.They have already allotted the posts to "Bhais n Bhatijas" of politicians & "Betas n Betis" of commanders.They are conducting the recruitment process just for the sake of it and so that the unemployed lads dont make a fuss about it.I have observed the recruitment process of jet for quite a few years and have to say this time the recruitment process is being held in the most weirdest manner!! It will be interesting to see how many of non-influential CPL holders make it to the other side of the process!!

gagan970
22nd Jul 2010, 02:40
What about exam?What are the questions and to what level?

jimmygill
22nd Jul 2010, 04:05
I have observed the recruitment process of jet for quite a few years and have to say this time the recruitment process is being held in the most weirdest manner!!

Then how come it was a shocker?

naughtyjay
22nd Jul 2010, 04:37
hey,
I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED THE EMAIL FROM JET...

SHOULD I BE STILL WAITING FOR IT OT FORGET IT.... ????????

soaring.high
22nd Jul 2010, 04:56
Good question Mr.JimmyGill,
But if you read my post thoroughly you'd have found the answer by yourself sir!!:)
It was a shocker in the sense the website of jet reads something else and the HR department is doing completely different(Asking for Type rated fellows no other info what so ever and then sending out exam call letters to non typerated guys as well,Jet air is deffinately up to something).Being an observant doesnt mean getting "Inside Scoops!".You get the idea just by reading the posts regarding openings with them on their website.Earlier if the add read TR fellow needed meant only TR fellows need to apply and candidates w/o TR will not be entertained under what so ever circumstances.. I have always had high regards for Jet air and its transparent recruitment process till now(Deserving candidates w/o any backings were given fare chance right from flight deck recruitment to ground staff well exceptions were there but in a few nos.).Up till now Jet air was an equal opportunity employer in every sense and no body could point a finger at them.There is a saying "Nothing lasts forever".Times have changed,it came as a shocker to me for sure but I hold nothing against jet.They might be under a lot of pressure as well and jet has evolved (or might have been compelled to evolve and change its policies!!)as an organisation (for good or bad? well that is for us to observe,feel & decide!!)

soaring.high
22nd Jul 2010, 05:09
@NaughtyJay,
Well Jay it seems that they are playing Tambola at Jet Air HR department!! Every recruiter is given a chit with nos written on it(and those nos have been allotted to the applicants) the HR manager picks a no.randomly ,calls it out loud and the recruiter who finds that no to be on his/her chit cancells tht no from the chit and sends an email to the candidate bearing that no !!! Cant say till when they will continue to send out call letters (Their game,their rules and their time!!).Probably they'll continue till they find a clear winner amongst the recruiters..!! (The one who checks out every no. on his/her chit)!!;)

jimmygill
22nd Jul 2010, 05:24
equal opportunity employer

Do you even know what this means?

flight517
22nd Jul 2010, 05:34
did anyone recieve an email from jet today??

supergirl35
22nd Jul 2010, 05:39
@flight517

yeah. I got my call letter today.

flight517
22nd Jul 2010, 05:45
@supergirl35 thnx for the info.....i hope i get mine soon

soaring.high
22nd Jul 2010, 05:49
No Jimmy I have no idea what the term "Equal opportunity employer" means.May be it means.....

Equal Opportunity :
Absence of discrimination, as in the workplace, based on race, color, age, gender, national origin, religion, or mental or physical disability.
OR
Equal Opportunity :
An approach intended to provide a certain social environment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_environment) in which people are not excluded from the activities of society, such as education (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education), employment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employment), or health care (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care), on the basis of immutable (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immutable) traits. Unfair opportunity practices include measures taken by an organization to ensure fairness in the employment process. A basic definition of equality is the idea of equal treatment and respect.

I never said Jet claims/calimed to be an equal opportunity employer but this is what I felt and said.

flight517
22nd Jul 2010, 05:53
@dragstar when did u and ur frndz sent your resumes??

niksmathew24
22nd Jul 2010, 06:44
Any ideas on the number of vacancies and type of aircraft ?

dragstar
22nd Jul 2010, 06:47
@flight 517

Two of my friends sent their resumes on Friday the 16th and three others sent it on Monday 19th evening. I sent mine on Monday morning. besides me 4 / 5 got a call letter who applied before and after me.
Whats your scenario?

Anyone knows about the no. of vacancies and terms and conditions mentioning type rating costs etc?

alphabravocharlie1
22nd Jul 2010, 07:56
Anyone knows about the no. of vacancies and terms and conditions mentioning type rating costs etc?

right now, just concentrate on clearing the first round ie written test.

Worry about Terms and Conditions, bond, costs etc much later !!

flight517
22nd Jul 2010, 08:03
@dragstar i had sent my resume in feb...around 10-15th....one of my frndz who had applied much later got an email yesterday, but i am still waiting for it.i dont understand the way they are sending the emails, just emailed my resume again, maybe that would help

aviator_kool
22nd Jul 2010, 08:50
To ALL,

You can Post your Resume at [email protected].

And I Suppose except on 1st August, there is one more held on 5th August, also so some might get into that. Keep Trying.:ok:

And can any1 suggest any specific study material if possible.

And also if someone knows the Extension Number for HR in Jet Airways:confused: then please pass it on because the Operator is not picking up the line on the following number +912240191000.

Regards.

ankurjain.2004
22nd Jul 2010, 11:11
hey friends anybody got the roll no. today or not??

dragstar
22nd Jul 2010, 12:14
@aviator_kool (http://www.pprune.org/members/330219-aviator_kool)
Did you get a letter for an exam on the 5th or is it just another speculation?

jimmygill
22nd Jul 2010, 12:42
Post #47 author soaring.high

Up till now Jet air was an equal opportunity employer in every sense and no body could point a finger at them.There is a saying "Nothing lasts forever".

From Jet Airways recruitment

1. Flight Attendants: You should be between 18-27 years and unmarried.
2. Customer Service Assistant: You should be a graduate, below 25 years of age and unmarried.
3. Cabin Appearance Officer: You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and should be below 35 years of age.
4. Security Assistant: You should be a graduate below 25 years of age and unmarried.
5. Cargo Assistant: You should be a graduate, below 25 years of age and unmarried.
6. F/O Trainee: You are born on or after 1st August 1975

All this didn't happen suddenly.
There is no equal opportunity employer in Indian aviation.
And very rare in other industries.

soaring.high
22nd Jul 2010, 14:08
@Jimmy Gill,
Okay buddy you win (if thats what you want)!!:)
.End of the arguement.Btw is it really necessary to highlight the sentences? Its my post so I know what I've written and others have read it as well so all are aware of it (and you are already quoting it in your post for those who didnt read it,whats the point highlighting?).You obviously will have perfectly suitable explanation to it which my small pea sized brain will fail to understand!! Is it really really necessary to take someone on mate?
Emirates,Qatar,BA,AA airlines all claim to be equal opportunity employers still they have age restrictions.The ad that you pasted in your post has been floated by jet air after the Indian aviation industry has faced its worst ever turmoil.And thats what my point is Jet is not what it used to be say 3,4,5 years ago.Any how I shall refrain my self from posting my views in this thread any more.Wishing all the luck to those who have been invited to attend Jet Air Recruitment process:ok:.May the deserving candidates make it to the right seat !! Happy landings to all.Over and out

cats200
22nd Jul 2010, 16:12
any idea how many vacancies are there....???

livetokill007
22nd Jul 2010, 20:47
hey are dey still sending call letters or are dey finished sending dem ..???

livetokill007
22nd Jul 2010, 20:51
yea i ve heard 20 in the atr and 50 in boeing . but not dat sure...

stiffy_pro
23rd Jul 2010, 03:37
well whn i calld operator didn't connect me 2 the hr but she herself askd me wt's d problem nd she said the hr is still sendin mails 2 ppl nd thy'll send mail till wednesday i.e; 28th... so chillax guyz start studin u'll get ur call letter...

naughtyjay
23rd Jul 2010, 05:37
DID NE1 GET THE LETTER TODAY... I HAVENT RECEIVED IT YET, N I DONT HAVE THE PATIENCE TO WAIT TILL WEDNESDAY !!!
:ugh::ugh::ugh::confused::confused:

alphabravocharlie1
23rd Jul 2010, 07:23
PPRUNE is full of high school pass out wannabes ...

Let us start with Optimus.Prime the aviation expert ..

First the kid goes bonkers about a boeing 737 type rating..

Not trying to read too much into the current scenario,

But I'm guessing a Type is pretty much going to be the Norm from here on, as it is a vast majority from our fraternity are more than willing to pay for one, even without an LOI (Correct me if I'm wrong)!
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

hahaha .. not trying to read too much ? you've been racking your brains off reading newspapers/pprune/gossip etc.

next he becomes the official correspondent of jet airways related to ab initio recruitments ..

Are you sure? I'd heard from someone flying for 9W that their Sims were overwhelmed with LR/IR renewals for their current crop, not to mention the 48 Sep'08 guys who'd be on them soon!

Then he writes from his high level sources ...

The latest info. from 9W is that all of the Sep'08 Trainee Pilots (48 of them) have received a fleet assignment and a Type on the B737NG shall follow soon.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

So people who are and were considering an SSTR on the B737NG have to have all their hopes pinned on Spice and/or AIX, cause it is curtains on Jet's F/O Hiring Program for this Calender year.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

@sharma.vish and speedbird787,

With reference to the degree of pessimism mentioned in my last post, am pretty certain the rest of the Industry would be shocked to the core if Jet advertises for a "Trainee F/O" Vacancy anytime this year or early the next. So won't Spice!:ugh:

More BS from this kid ...

@ avitrz,

Do you reckon Jet will bother conducting a Written Exam for approximately 4000 Odd candidates and then pick and choose from among them? Logistically speaking won't it be a bloody nightmare?

no end to this !! ...

@jimmygill,

Why not?

Has it been done before by any airline, anywhere round the globe?

Tries to show off that he knows all thats going on in 9w ...

@ shanx,

I did mention 48 of them had been assigned on the B737NG by Jet.
Matter of fact, they do begin their formal ground classes from tomorrow i.e; the 21st of June'2010 at Jet's Sim Centre at Goregaon, Mumbai.

but oops, gets it in his rear end again ! .. :}

Optimus, just for the records, Jet Ground Training centre is at Chemtex in Powai and not at the sim centre, at least thats the way its been for the last 6 years that I have been with Jet.

Aeronotix.

:D:D:D

aviator_kool
23rd Jul 2010, 07:59
@dragstar :- its just another speculation heard from some one nothing else

Viraaj Shah
23rd Jul 2010, 08:57
Hi guys,

My friend called up today morning (23th July) to ask if they're still sending call letters, and the HR girl said that they have already finalised the list.

alphabravocharlie1
23rd Jul 2010, 09:24
Now .. lets have a look at our next aviation expert and analyst FLYJET787 :

The oh-so-cool "expert comment" ...

Yes the deadline has been extended for another year for the Expats..and there will be more extensions like this for the next few years..so don't get surprised when you see a similar article in the papers around the same time next year..http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

then shoots more sh!t ...

As of now it would be difficult to say what Jet or for that matter any airline would want. But I suggest you keep all your license and ratings current as far as practical. Also I have heard that if they do come out with an Ad again they will look to hire pilots with more than the typical 200-250 hrs (it would not make sense for a pvt company to call all the 3000+ CPL holders for an exam unless they plan to make money out of it like paramount) ...

they will want people with at least around 350-500hrs TT or at least 50-100 hrs on a multy.

Jesus !!! :confused: from where do you juveniles get such BS ??

you guys seem to talk like you drink tea in the afternoon, and a Black Label every night with the VP of Ops and HR of the airlines !

Terror.Bird
23rd Jul 2010, 09:43
Is there any1 without multi & still got a call letter??

Freicus
23rd Jul 2010, 09:54
@alphabravocharlie1
You have spent quite a bit of time on those posts of yours...
On a related thought... Overheard at a local watering hole -- "wise men talk because they have something to say; the 'otherwise' talk because they have to say something"

All the best for what's in store!:ok:

Mike_Kilo_Sierra
23rd Jul 2010, 10:07
Sad if it's true that they've stopped calling. My instructor had applied for this just some days ago.

The bad part is that his age is crossing 35 now. This was his last shot at Jet or probably any other airline. He is currently serving as an instructor with 400hrs+ TT and 320hrs PIC. He also has an AME diploma on the C172 and C90, has worked with Air Sahara for 4 months on the B737. Can anyone throw a lifeline? Highly appreciated.

MKS

strella
23rd Jul 2010, 10:13
Dear friends, ( for those without any contacts) Dont give up hope and think that only influential people will get through. There is still a fair chance for the candidates who do very well in all the stages. It is right that there are children of a few senior commanders( in Jet this is what the Captains are called) also who will be competing with you. The ones who do well stand a good chance to make it through on their own.

I dont think having a multi eng. endorsement is needed. It wasnt needed in the past. Still the same can be checked very easily.

Friends, for the Jet exam, do prepare the performance part nicely. It will definitely help the ones appearing for the interview( May help in the written also). Normally it has been observed that CPL holders may not be fully versed with that section.The old performance instuctor has retired now. He had a big role in setting the earlier question papers.

From my knowledge, the recruitments are going to happen off and on. No big numbers, but will continue.

All the best.........

Mike_Kilo_Sierra
23rd Jul 2010, 10:19
Strella,

It does give some respite to hear this. And I really hope for my instructor's sake he gets called. Poor guy, it isn't easy to support a family on a paltry instructor's salary. Rotten luck is what he's had in aviation. Hope everything works out.

MKS

flight517
23rd Jul 2010, 10:44
did any one get the letter today??

stiffy_pro
23rd Jul 2010, 10:55
Yeah thy hve stoppd sendin d call letters, got d confirmation frm SHREEKANT BHAGWAT (MANAGER-HR, JET AIRWAYS) ... so srry guyz ... but do send ur CV's to [email protected]... nd good luck for those who got d call letters... study hard... nd thse without call letter's can call me for d drink :p..

pratu
23rd Jul 2010, 10:58
Do jet airways recruits only in india

jimmygill
23rd Jul 2010, 11:17
@Jimmy Gill,
Okay buddy you win (if thats what you want)!!

You are taking it in wrong sense, I understand that you and many others, ought have received a call for the written for 9W recruitment. And I am really sorry for those who couldn't make it to the list. Hard times, hard luck. But hard times ought not thrust ourselves into non-rational thinking or mis-use of standard English.

The point in of the matter is that there was no point of time at which 9W was an Equal Opportunity Employer. It may have of course seemed to be like one 3-4 years back, when Indian CPL holders were hard to find, and they will offer job to anyone who was close to getting a Indian CPL. But that had nothing to do with 9W's efforts at being an Equal Opportunity Employer.

So in this light what has happened ought not come as shocker to anyone, not at least to someone who claims to be following 9W recruitment for quiet some time.

End of the arguement.Btw is it really necessary to highlight the sentences? Its my post so I know what I've written and others have read it as well so all are aware of it (and you are already quoting it in your post for those who didnt read it,whats the point highlighting?).You obviously will have perfectly suitable explanation to it which my small pea sized brain will fail to understand!! Is it really really necessary to take someone on mate?

Where you see an argument I see an exchange of ideas. If any conversation must have more value than just passing information, than that value is possible enrichment of ideas under consideration. And participating individuals have an obligation to correct each other. I am not taking on you, I am taking on what you are writing.

Emirates,Qatar,BA,AA airlines all claim to be equal opportunity employers still they have age restrictions.The ad that you pasted in your post has been floated by jet air after the Indian aviation industry has faced its worst ever turmoil.

I don't know about Emirates and Qatar, but BA and AA cannot publish an ad for Unmarried Flight Attendants of Less than a certain age without getting into trouble with local courts. The discrimination against the institution of marriage is blatant. For that matter if 9W cannot publish such and ad in US/UK. Mid East is more a desert of egalitarian ethos than a geographical one, I am surprised you mentioned those airlines while talking about Equal Opportunity Employers.

And thats what my point is Jet is not what it used to be say 3,4,5 years ago.Any how I shall refrain my self from posting my views in this thread any more.Wishing all the luck to those who have been invited to attend Jet Air Recruitment process.

And my point is you are trying to create a nostalgic image of 9W being a Neverland in recent past when the case is that it was always like this.

Nobody is refraining you from posting your ideas, but if you say that Earth is flat, be ready for some really credible explanation for that.

May the deserving candidates make it to the right seat !! Happy landings to all.Over and out

Quiet a few of deserving candidates have not been called for the interview alone, how will prayers help.

dileep anne
23rd Jul 2010, 11:55
Jet Airways buying 6 new ATR's(info from a friend working with Jet)...I guess they are recurring for the new birds

ankurjain.2004
23rd Jul 2010, 14:02
I am surprised because I also heard they will be sending the roll no. till next wed.. but I haven't heard of anyone who received it in last 2days (i.e. Thu & Fri)... Can any one tell who received it in last 2 days???

nitin 3000
23rd Jul 2010, 15:04
Hey guys, Is the exam venue same on both dates on 24 july and 1 august, in Mumbai and Delhi

vapourlock
23rd Jul 2010, 15:27
Well finally got a chance to speak to Ms Davey at SM Centre (HR),Jet Airways. And from what she says the exam is going to be held twice. The people who havent recieve the call letter yet for the first exam will be taken care of in the second batch. And the last round of sending out call letters will be on Monday for the First Batch. Also the people who flunk in the first batch will not be considered for the second. So everybody who hasnt send in the cv's yet should do it as early as possible. And keep up with the hard work ppl, seems it will pay off this time. Good Luck :ok:

niksmathew24
23rd Jul 2010, 18:20
@ Pratu- Yes 9W recruits only in India, but if you're a captain with lots of hours you might stand a chance.

Hope this helps.

dragstar
23rd Jul 2010, 18:50
@vapourlock
That is definitely good news but at this point there are controversial stories doing the rounds.
Someone in the forum mentioned speaking to HR Jet on 23rd morning and was told the list for written test applicants has been finalized.
So its hard to understand what exactly is going on in the Jet office and on what basis have they left out people and selected the rest. I too am waiting to get a call letter.
Guess only time will tell the true story.

pilot2612
24th Jul 2010, 03:50
this i hear from a jet FO... this time they have outsourced the exam just like indigo did with cae.
So no one really knws the kind of paper that we would get.
earlier it was basic aviation from the usual dgca syllabus.

any clue how many ppl are sitting this time?? and who is the exam outsourced to?

takeoffpowerset
24th Jul 2010, 04:16
the Call letter doesnt say anything about bringing in the calculator , it just says no memory devices Computer, PDA, Spy pen, camera, Electronic storage/memory devices, hands free, ear phone and similar any other equipment and devices are strictly NOT ALLOWED in the Examination hall.

I remember even last time they did not allow the calc inside the hall , but as somebody mentioning that they have now outsourced the exam to a third party hence things might have changed ... somebody shed some light ......

pilot2612
24th Jul 2010, 06:58
i am also confused about the same.
But if the calculators are considered "computers" then we are safe from all the mathematical calculation questions... tht would mean no problems which need the use of calculator.
also, which books are you guys going through for the technical and performance???

they also mentioned its a 4 hours thing excluding breaks and "practice time" !!
whats practice time now???

suchita
24th Jul 2010, 09:48
hi,
yes i have got the call letter for wrtnn test on 1st aug in mumbai. i hd finished ma training in nov 2009. n frm dat months onward i hd started applying thru mails at almost all d airlines. for jet airline the email address is "[email protected]" n frm dis only i hv gt da call..

On The ILS
24th Jul 2010, 10:33
hi,
yes i have got the call letter for wrtnn test on 1st aug in mumbai. i hd finished ma training in nov 2009. n frm dat months onward i hd started applying thru mails at almost all d airlines. for jet airline the email address is "[email protected]" n frm dis only i hv gt da call..First of all....WHO ASKED YOU...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....Secondly what should we do if u have got a call DISTRIBUTE SWEETS or BURST CRACKERS coz only Ms Suchita in the whole of India has got a call.......3rdly thanx for giving such a stale info about the jet e-mail address........!!! n last but not the least don't start posting just to MOCK OTHERS coz they haven't recieved their call letters n don't get happy that u have got a call coz this entire recruitment process is just one big eyewash for all so called aam junta without jugaad....only being done so that people don't point fingers at the top management.....!!!!! GROW UP SUCHITA N STOP YOUR SAMAAJ SEVA....!!!!!

P.S- for your info even i have got a call letter but ain't boasting about it n hurting so many people who haven't got a call for this NON TRANSPARENT Selection Process...!!!!

takeoffpowerset
24th Jul 2010, 16:32
First of all....WHO ASKED YOU...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE :D

ClImB nD MaInTaIn
24th Jul 2010, 17:06
P.S- for your info even i have got a call letter but ain't boasting about it n hurting so many people who haven't got a call for this NON TRANSPARENT Selection Process...!!!!

Btw,if u r not happy wid dere selection proc. dont go there nd waste ur time ND da company's too........:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:..........

FlyingManutd
24th Jul 2010, 17:57
Welcome to prrune...thanks for posting but i was looking for some other hr email id ....like sonia@jet.
I guess some people are not so lucky:ouch:....

All the best for exam

@ On the ILS

Dude relax ..dont be so abrasive ...just have a look ,it was her first post :pso she might not have meant in sarcastic or bad way..after all it was aimed at me:}

All the best those who are appearing in jet exam.
:ok:

On The ILS
24th Jul 2010, 21:35
HAHAHAHA GOOD ONE

Thanx takeoffpowerset....!!!! :)

avitrz
25th Jul 2010, 05:50
so whats the deal guys,is it gonna be a self sponsered rating?

On The ILS
25th Jul 2010, 07:26
@ avitrz

99% this recruitment is for the ATR's....n going by the trend of the last batch...this could be a self sponsored rating again...!!!!

babboo57
25th Jul 2010, 08:40
@OnTheIls and @takeoffpowerset,

about suchita's post - when you ask Who Asked - well , FlyingManutd did.
there are people - other than a couple of arrogant MCP wannabes with macho aviationsounding IDs -
who wish to interact with each other civilly on Pprune. stop being obnoxious and hurtful. that was
totally uncalled for.

avitrz
25th Jul 2010, 09:10
@ontheils
The last batch were asked to pay only half of the training cost right?

THE747CAPTAIN
25th Jul 2010, 09:17
Hey u r telling he is working in Air Sahara so that means he is working in Jet Airways(Jetlite)..

takeoffpowerset
25th Jul 2010, 09:26
@ Baboooooooooo Nobody is making fun okay ... the thing i liked about ILS post was the way he strtd off ... and yes Miss suchita surely is not reading the earlier posts as the most VALUABLE information she has given for jet airline the email address is "[email protected]" , even the Indian COW now knows where to put her resume if she'll ever take it to the soaring skies !!!!

anyways lets not divert from the main thread and please stop taking posts so personally:ok:

Mike_Kilo_Sierra
25th Jul 2010, 10:25
The comment about Air Sahara, if it was directed at me. Then let me clarify, he was working as an aircraft technician with Air Sahara for a few months a long time ago. He worked on their 737s. He went on to do his CPL and his AFIR after that and now has an instructing job. But it isn't enough to support his family.

So he's desperately looking at the airlines now. But Jet didn't send him a letter after he applied a few days ago. Being 35 years, he has little chance after this.

MKS

cats200
25th Jul 2010, 16:32
Ya even i think its gona be a self sponsored rating......

pilot2612
25th Jul 2010, 17:12
the last batch that got thru with jet almost 2 years back.
they are in their ground training for now.
they have paid 15 lacs each.

it was 7.5 earlier.

i am not sure about the airplanes they plan to put this times selected few on.

also does anyone know whats the deal with the exam this time??? is it outsourced like indigo did with cae???
also,
they are to have a reasoning test before the written. i wonder why would they have tht first?
can anyone shed some light on this??

ClImB nD MaInTaIn
25th Jul 2010, 21:25
well , i think ....the exams r not outsourced....because cae is charging 375$ for written.....nd here dey r not charging ny amount i guess...........
Secondly.....regarding reasoning test....may b dey dont want to waste there time for reasoning test in the next stage....

jimmygill
26th Jul 2010, 03:41
well , i think ....the exams r not outsourced....because cae is charging 375$ for written.....nd here dey r not charging ny amount i guess...........
Secondly.....regarding reasoning test....may b dey dont want to waste there time for reasoning test in the next stage....

The reply adequately shows why reasoning is so important and a neglected aspect in the aviation.

aviation_insider
26th Jul 2010, 04:24
guys the exam is outsourced for sure.. jet is not gona play any role in the process.. as of my info, they have handed over the responsibility to the manufacturer of the A/c's that they are purchasing/leasing. anyways.. What is sure is that the exam is not being setup by the Jet.

stiffy_pro
26th Jul 2010, 04:31
@ClImB nD MaInTaIn

So wteva u think it's gonna happen nd other guy is sayin that his friend who is exployee in a jet is sayin that the exam is outsourced nd u sayin frm ur exp that not it is not, i don't understand why even ppl argue or put ? ....
Neway i was about to put this but some 1 else put it 1st, yes exam is outscourced that's all i know...
thanks

shanx
26th Jul 2010, 05:01
Ok, so what extra edge or leverage does a candidate get if he/she knows whether the test is going to be conducted by Jet Airways or outsourced ??

The only reason I can think of is if a candidate is desperately looking for ways to pull some strings.

If thats the case, then it's a wild goose chase because even if the examination is going to be outsourced, that external company has nothing to do with the selection of candidates, including the passing of candidates to the next round of interviews.

Secondly, only the logistics has been outsourced. (if at all)
ie. the headache of looking for an exam center, staff to invigilate and collect the answer papers and overal conduct the written exam.

stiffy_pro
26th Jul 2010, 05:20
no extra leverage wt so ever, it's just that this time it's not gonna be a typical jet type exam...
Well not sure that it's logistics or whole exam including question papers which is outsourced, but when i asked some one who belongs to the jet about the pattern of the exam then he told me that he has no idea about the pattern because this time exam has been outsourced...

JoshiR
26th Jul 2010, 05:35
Any info if the call letters are still going to be sent today to people who havent recieved it so far ?

pilot2612
26th Jul 2010, 05:39
thanks for the feed back guys.

i heard it is outsourced to TCS.

and
@ClImB nD MaInTaIn: i agree to the cae charging and they not. great point.
i dun have anyhting agaisnt reasoning tests, i am thinking y would they put tht jst before the flying written test!! i mean all would be studying for the flying part and then they have to figure out shapes for 2 hours before tht!! lolz..

@stiffy pro: thts exactly the reason y i was curious to knwo if the exam is set up by jet or outsourced... to understand the pattern.
im not pulling string but trying to find ways to get to understand this stuff.
infact, i guess this is harder than ATPL papers. for atpl you study one subject at a time... here you study 5-6!!

anyways.. could anyone shed some light on this??? -
What/ Where do we refer for Technical or Performance n aerodynamics studies????

much appreciated.

ClImB nD MaInTaIn
26th Jul 2010, 05:59
If the exams r gonna outsource........thats good ,much fair process,,,,,,,,one who is capable will lead the way.......no one can point fingure on management..

trimtab23
26th Jul 2010, 06:43
exams on 1'st Aug..

stiffy_pro
26th Jul 2010, 06:46
For technical and aerodynamics i prefer peter godwin and for performance and jet engine nothing better than the kingfisher's, jet's or deccan's notes if you can arrange them.

suchita
26th Jul 2010, 06:59
first of all, nice id frnd.. manu hd asked "al who hv got d cal letters, at which id they hd sent their resumes" (plz read again his post).

pilot2612
26th Jul 2010, 07:15
@stiffy pro
thanks man ... appreciate the help

im doing general cpl subs from duggal and hope to get done with it in time!! doing all this after 4 years man!! its a mountain! lolz..

all i hope is this attempt is all fair n those ppl with jacks n pulls come in the general category.

jimmygill
26th Jul 2010, 08:22
If the exams r gonna outsource........thats good ,much fair process,,,,,,,,one who is capable will lead the way.......no one can point fingure on management..

@ClImB nD MaInTaIn
And what prompts you to think that way?
Why such expectation of fair-play from an outsourcing agency? Is the agency coming from Mars?

By the way, outsourcing will be only of logisitcs and not the decision making process.

ClImB nD MaInTaIn
26th Jul 2010, 08:42
@jimmygill
And what prompts you to think that way?
Why such expectation of fair-play from an outsourcing agency? Is the agency coming from Mars?

By the way, outsourcing will be only of logisitcs and not the decision making process.

May not b coming from mars....but what else you can do??
&
thank u very much for letting us know about the selection process....

flyflyfly2me
26th Jul 2010, 10:27
what kind of questions do they ask in jetairways written exams????

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 10:40
@ontheils
The last batch were asked to pay only half of the training cost right?

@ avitrz

yaa buddy u r rite that the batch has paid only half of the the cost i.e 7.5L....but that is the 1st installment before the training....they will have to pay the remaining 7.5L after completion of the training.....self sponsored training has become the trend now....:*.....but this deal is better than doing type rating on ur own....at least u r assured of a job after that...rather than getting an LOI.....!!!!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 10:43
what kind of questions do they ask in jetairways written exams????

Hmmmmmm i think Aviation & Flying Related Kinda Questions....!!!!!!!!!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 10:46
The reply adequately shows why reasoning is so important and a neglected aspect in the aviation.

Hahahahahahaha Jimmygill...that was witty n funny tooo.....:D......couldn't just stop laughing........lol......gud 1....!!!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 10:51

@ Climb nd Maintain

No one can Point What on Mangement.....?????????????

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 10:56
even the Indian COW now knows where to put her resume if she'll ever take it to the soaring skies !!!!

@ takeoffpowerset

Buddyyyyy Hahahahahahahaha....hehehehhehe......:D:D:D:D......some of u guys r dam funny here....need more of such people in the industry.....would be fun to fly wid u some day.....amen....!!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 11:07
Any info if the call letters are still going to be sent today to people who havent recieved it so far ?

@ JoshiR

buddy going by the rumours it is still a possible that u mite the call letter till 28th july....but reading the posts from Viraaj Shah and Stiffy pro the chances look really slim......but still don't give up hope boss n continue preparing coz u mite be lucky to get a call.....all the best n let us know if u happen to get a call...tc...!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 11:16
For technical and aerodynamics i prefer peter godwin and for performance and jet engine nothing better than the kingfisher's, jet's or deccan's notes if you can arrange them.

@ stiffy pro

ya those notes r tough to arrange for sure....!!! ppl having them don't share them easily....!!!!:*:ugh:......thanx for info on tech n aero dyna books....how about books from Oxford buddy....heard from a lot of people that they are the Bible for any Airline Exam....n if u study them u r sure to crack any entrance exam....how true is that?????

stiffy_pro
26th Jul 2010, 12:29
Very true, oxford jeppesen atpl are the bible but common it's a set of 15 books minus 2, and to read such kind of books you need an ample amount of time...
So it's better to stick on to your GSP's and other notes rather...

Arm is Strong
26th Jul 2010, 12:31
Buddyyyyy Hahahahahahahaha....hehehehhehe........... .some of u guys r dam funny here....need more of such people in the industry.....would be fun to fly wid u some day.....amen....!!!!

bachche first get thru in ........then talk of flying ...and you know indian bulls also know where to apply for jobs.....:8:

JoshiR
26th Jul 2010, 12:42
thanks a lot buddy ! by the way some news on some member of Jet HRD personally taking hard copies from candidates at their office ... now that sounds well interesting !!!!

pilot2612
26th Jul 2010, 18:14
everytime i try to know anything bout the jet intake... its jsut how many more ppl have got some pull/jugaad!!
pissing off!

this way ppl without contacts would end up no where..

hoping there is some clarity in this attempt.

revtech
26th Jul 2010, 18:20
thanks a lot buddy ! by the way some news on some member of Jet HRD personally taking hard copies from candidates at their office ... now that sounds well interesting !!!!

hardcopies of what ?

jimmygill
26th Jul 2010, 19:09

That, my friend, is the sad truth. Sad but not surprising.

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 20:27
Very true, oxford jeppesen atpl are the bible but common it's a set of 15 books minus 2, and to read such kind of books you need an ample amount of time...
So it's better to stick on to your GSP's and other notes rather...

@ stiffy

ya buddy they r very common now...everyone just keeps sayin abt oxford....thats y i was a bit skeptic about airlines using them......n true that it requires loads of time n patience to finish them......u r rite that GSP's n notes seem more practical.....have u heard about a book called technical pilot interview....??? any idea on howz that one....heard abt it frm a friend n she was telling me to buy along wid her.....is it worth buying???

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 20:34

@JoshiR

is that so....!!!! in that case no harm in hand delivering ur resume to them if u staying in mumbai coz their corporate office is in mumbai....try ur luck...its a no loss situation for u any which ways....!!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 20:43
and you know indian bulls also know where to apply for jobs.....

okie so u r trying to tell us that YOU know where to apply for jobs....not bad at all....great info you have Mr Indian Bull......keep it up....!!!!

bachche first get thru in ........then talk of flying

Mr Arm Stong urf Mr Indian Bull you dint read my post properly or may be u dint understand it.....i said AMEN at the end......u know where to apply for jobs but sadly u don't know what AMEN means...!!!! ur ARM mite be STRONG but surely ur BRAIN isn't....!!!!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 20:50
hardcopies of what ?

@ revtech

hardcopies of resume....JoshiR was saying that there is news that people r submitting their resumes personally to HRD in Jet instead of mailing them...!!!!

On The ILS
26th Jul 2010, 21:07
everytime i try to know anything bout the jet intake... its jsut how many more ppl have got some pull/jugaad!!
pissing off!

hoping there is some clarity in this attempt.

@ pilot2612

buddy this was bound to happen coz of such a bottleneck situation...n ppl with jugaad try to find the easy way out instead of struggling for openings....so they use money, contacts etc etc to get them thro....happens in almost all other industries but its felt more here coz there r just a handful of airlines....n this situation wud continue till the so called BOOM TIME doesn't return....which is not gonna come for a long long long time.....so as jimmygill rightly pointed out, the situation is indeed sad....call it whatever luck or destiny....!!! so max that we can do is Hope and dil pe haath rakh ke say AAL IZ WELL.....!!!!

P.S- Hoping for clarity in this exam is like hoping for the sun to rise from the west one day....y i m saying this is coz sending of call letters episode last week was unclear so u only think about these exams....tc mate!!!!

pilot2612
26th Jul 2010, 21:42
buddy this was bound to happen coz of such a bottleneck situation...n ppl with jugaad try to find the easy way out instead of struggling for openings....so they use money, contacts etc etc to get them thro....happens in almost all other industries but its felt more here coz there r just a handful of airlines....n this situation wud continue till the so called BOOM TIME doesn't return....which is not gonna come for a long long long time.....so as jimmygill rightly pointed out, the situation is indeed sad....call it whatever luck or destiny....!!! so max that we can do is Hope and dil pe haath rakh ke say AAL IZ WELL.....!!!!

P.S- Hoping for clarity in this exam is like hoping for the sun to rise from the west one day....y i m saying this is coz sending of call letters episode last week was unclear so u only think about these exams....tc mate!!!!

Thanks buddy...
i know exactly wat you mean but today i got jsut a lil to frustrated bout it all was wondering wats the point even studying if there is no light at the end of the tunnel!
you pointed out about the call letters and coming to think of it, hell yeah you right bout it!
but like you said... "all iz well" ;) jai hind!

lets see how it goes.. all the best to you guys as well..

stiffy_pro
27th Jul 2010, 02:58
@On The ILS
"technical pilot interview" it's name itself tells the role... it's a question bank though and i don't understand why people straight away going for this book without reading the theory, it's not good to cramp everything ,better you understand the basics first and then you can go for whatever question bank you like..

On The ILS
27th Jul 2010, 09:44
Thanks buddy...
i know exactly wat you mean but today i got jsut a lil to frustrated bout it all was wondering wats the point even studying if there is no light at the end of the tunnel!
you pointed out about the call letters and coming to think of it, hell yeah you right bout it!
but like you said... "all iz well" http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif jai hind!

lets see how it goes.. all the best to you guys as well..

@pilot2612

ya frustration is bound to happen after investing ur time, loads of money, efforts into first getting ur flying done n then getting an indian cpl n after all that struggle if we r not able to find a job, it gets on ur nerves....n that helpless feeling of waiting for things to improve is even more pathetic.......n after investing 15-20L of our parents money we can't even give up this line n venture into something else......so all we can do is Hope...!!!! even if this recruitment seems doubtful lets give it our best shot n then see what happens....u never know...maybe we see some light......fingers crossed....!!!! All the best to u too :ok:!!!! n yess "AAL IZ WELL"...!!!!:)

On The ILS
27th Jul 2010, 09:57
@On The ILS
"technical pilot interview" it's name itself tells the role... it's a question bank though and i don't understand why people straight away going for this book without reading the theory, it's not good to cramp everything ,better you understand the basics first and then you can go for whatever question bank you like..

@stiffy

oh it is a question back...!!!!! no wonder why people r talking abt it.....after reading ur post i called up my friend n she said bcoz its a question bank its faster n easier to study n there is hardly any time to get into the depth of things....so this book seems more of a short cut method .......which i think is not gonna help at all to crack the airlines exam......so all said n done....GSP's r the best option on hand.....n then as u pointed out go for a question bank....thanx buddy...all the best to u for this exam :ok:....tc...!!!

On The ILS
27th Jul 2010, 10:04
yes i truly agree abt the book,just we have to do the basic n thats it i feel bcoz it all abt jugaad here......

@ airborne

there's definitely gonna be jugaad but that all is out of our control....coz this juggad thing is not gonna finish unless there r many number of vacancies.....!!!! so whats in our control is to give a good try n then leave all to Destiny....all the best :ok:.....tc...!!!

Arm is Strong
27th Jul 2010, 10:07
Mr Arm Stong urf Mr Indian Bull

Mind ur language buddy..............dont make fun of great astronaut...

On The ILS
27th Jul 2010, 10:09
yes i truly agree abt the book,just we have to do the basic n thats it i feel bcoz it all abt jugaad here......

@ airborne

there's definitely gonna be jugaad but that all is out of our control....coz this juggad thing is not gonna finish unless there r many number of vacancies.....!!!! so whats in our control is to give a good try n then leave all to Destiny....all the best :ok:.....tc...!!!

On The ILS
27th Jul 2010, 10:33
Mind ur language buddy..............dont make fun of great astronaut...

@ Arm is whatever....

what what what......what did u just say.....i made fun of an astronaut.......hahahahahahahahaha....hehehehhehehehehehe... ..hohohohohohohohoho.....my god boss u r the funniest......made fun of astronaut......hahahahahahaha hehehehehehehe.....i can't stop laughing......i have laughed so much that i have started getting ABS........just like your ARM is STRONG....now my STOMACH is STRONG thanx to u.......hehehehehehehe....that was the funniest thing i have heard in a long long long time.....!!!!!! to clarify i wasn't making fun of "GREAT ASTRONAUT" but was making fun of someone else which i m sure u haven't realised......!!!!!! but still hahahahahahahaha.....!!!! good one....!!!!!:E

Arm is Strong
27th Jul 2010, 11:05
@ Arm is whatever....

what what what......what did u just say.....i made fun of an astronaut.......hahahahahahahahaha....hehehehheheh ehehehe.....hohohohohohohohoho.....my god boss u r the funniest......made fun of astronaut......hahahahahahaha hehehehehehehe.....i can't stop laughing......i have laughed so much that i have started getting ABS........just like your ARM is STRONG....now my STOMACH is STRONG thanx to u.......hehehehehehehe....that was the funniest thing i have heard in a long long long time.....!!!!!! to clarify i wasn't making fun of "GREAT ASTRONAUT" but was making fun of someone else which i m sure u haven't realised......!!!!!! but still hahahahahahahaha.....!!!! good one....!!!!!

I think u never had attended a school.....that is why.....u r not able to recognized the difference in between "ARMSTRONG and ARM Is STRONG.....dont laugh too much,,,,otherwise pain in stomach will not allow u to appear on aug...1:ugh::ugh:...........and keep some of your valuable laughs in excess for UR Results ,to laugh on ur self.....ha ha ha.....

jimmygill
27th Jul 2010, 11:19
Its a nursery over here.

JoshiR
27th Jul 2010, 12:53
and i thought this thread was about something productive like the upcoming jet intake tests !!!!

Bakchodi
27th Jul 2010, 13:19
any idea how many are attending on 1st aug...?

pilot2612
27th Jul 2010, 14:01
@bakchodi

i personally dun know anyone who is unemployed and not sitting for it. So you can well imagine the number.

i hear chennai is more than 1000 so forget bout delhi n mumbai..

Bakchodi
27th Jul 2010, 14:04
so true brother..........going to b very tough competition

niksmathew24
27th Jul 2010, 15:03
Could you guys please behave a bit more mature over here please ?
This is a professional pilots forum for crying out loud. And still if you're interested in showing this attitude..I recommend you start a new thread and write down everything you want. So please please please stop spamming this thread.

Thank You!

Terror.Bird
27th Jul 2010, 15:24
can't be any better ans for such braggers....:D

Arm is Strong
27th Jul 2010, 16:00
ha ha ha .........this thread is for professionals:ugh::ugh:.....kis sense me professional.....ek dusre ki taang khichne me professionals........ya kisi ki baat pakar kar bethne me........guys u put meaningless comments on posts by peoples........don't talk of nonsense of being professionals.......i can give examples from this thread if any1 want... Remember Suchita's post..........

alphabravocharlie1
27th Jul 2010, 16:41
There are lots of members with more than two (sometimes three or more) ids on pprune.

Here's a tip : Suchita has not posted after her first 2 posts in quick succession. She has probably learnt the nature of this creepy industry and has immediately created anoter Pprune id (no points for guessing). Her real pprune id easily gives away her id because it mentions her name and town/state where she comes from.

dragstar
27th Jul 2010, 19:00
bunch of juveniles!!!
Not grown up enough to maintain the seriousness nor sanctity of a discussion and want to be hired to fly an airplane.

speedbird787
27th Jul 2010, 19:07
can anybody comment on the number of vacancies with jet rather than pulling each others legs........????

On The ILS
27th Jul 2010, 19:19
can anybody comment on the number of vacancies with jet

@speedbird

news( u can call them rumors) is that vacancies r about 20....but it is for ATR's that's for sure....!!!! anyone else heard differently?????????

On The ILS
27th Jul 2010, 19:25
@ takeoffpowerset and @ pilot2612

any info on calculators....r they allowed....??? last time this discussion was left incomplete....!!!

alphabravocharlie1
27th Jul 2010, 19:31
@on the ILS

any info on calculators....r they allowed....??? last time this discussion was left incomplete....!!!

I just got a call from Naresh Goyal and he himself told me that the following are allowed in the exam :

1. Calculator (Only Casio brand .. any other brand will be confiscated)
2. Abacus
3. Your fingers (and toes if you wish)
4. Your brains (later he said this was optional, seeing the kind of people appearing for the exam)

Goodluck imbeciles ! :ok:

alphabravocharlie1
27th Jul 2010, 19:35
@Speedbird787

can anybody comment on the number of vacancies with jet rather than pulling each others legs........????

Again Naresh Goyal told me that it is for only 1 vacancy.

What he told is that his HR department will collect all the applications and conduct the lucky draw.

The winner will have to pay for his type rating and as a good-will gesture sponsor type ratings for atleast 2 other unemployed wannabe pilots.

Starting Salary = Rs.35 per hour

pilot2612
27th Jul 2010, 19:46
Mr. I KNOW IT ALL,
relax.. if people are curious to know about the intake and the calculators, which obviously isnt a problem for you since you get calls from Naresh Goyal himself... try helping them out if you can, otherwise kindly keep your wide open trap shut!

WE ARE NOT AS LUCKY TO RECEIVE CALLS FROM MR.GOYAL.

ALSO NOT LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE A WALK THRU INTAKE AT JET... again for the same reason as above...SO WE ARE TENSED/CURIOUS/******* SERIOUS ABOUT THIS INTAKE!!

SO TRY NOT TO GET THT GAY ABOUT IT.. RELAX AND LET US TRY OUR LUCK.

also quoting YOUR message dated 19th June 2010:

"Kingfisher airlines written test

Does anybody know the kind of questions asked in selections of Kingfisher airlines for trainee pilots?
anyone been through their examination before and can share some inputs or tips ?
Any help much..."

lets try n help dude... not make fun of ppl.

pilot2612
27th Jul 2010, 19:48
no clue guys...
just to be on the safer side.. carry em along..
but if they are not allowed... gotta gear up for "theory" more...

fill me in on any news about jet as n when..

ciao

takeoffpowerset
28th Jul 2010, 04:36
@ ILS well last time jet conducted the exam , calc was not allowed but still numerical were asked , most of them were the types with easy calculations and could be solved by mental maths.

@somebody who was asking about Ace technical pilot I have uploaded the soft copy of that and you can download it from this link

zSHARE - Ace_the_Technical_Pilot_Interview.pdf (http://www.zshare.net/download/787207929285265a/)

mike_sierra
28th Jul 2010, 06:39
just called them up...said they will continue sending mails till friday (30th)...
waiting on one .. :confused:

good luck guys!!

On The ILS
28th Jul 2010, 10:18
@ ILS well last time jet conducted the exam , calc was not allowed but still numerical were asked , most of them were the types with easy calculations and could be solved by mental maths.

@ takeoffpower

okie then this time also it won't be allowed......n we should expect numerical also......thanx for the info buddy....!!!!

n yess i had only asked about the techinal pilot int book.....thanx...thanx a lot for providing the soft copy of the book....rocking stuff boss....!!!!:D

On The ILS
28th Jul 2010, 10:21
no clue guys...
just to be on the safer side.. carry em along..
but if they are not allowed... gotta gear up for "theory" more...

@pilot2612

it could be a mix of both buddy as takeoffpower said....but still surely will carry them along.....any info on reasoning test buddy....????

pilot2612
28th Jul 2010, 12:54
@takeoffpowerset
Great work with the soft copy dude... killer! appreciate you for helping em all.
my ace is all pages apart by nw!;)
@ontheils
there are some books tht someone was suggesting like schand n competition success but i havnt yet got em. also you can find some online tests if you feel like. but i think the reasoning test is only an assessment and not a pass-fail thing. but if... if it includes iq tests and mental aptitude n stuff.. then it might have a different outcome altogether!

Arm is Strong
28th Jul 2010, 16:14
just called them up...said they will continue sending mails till friday (30th)...
waiting on one ..

good luck guys!!

same answer to one of my friend !!!!

Arm is Strong
28th Jul 2010, 17:41
@mike sierra

whom did u talk to???

On The ILS
28th Jul 2010, 19:31
there are some books tht someone was suggesting like schand n competition success but i havnt yet got em. also you can find some online tests if you feel like. but i think the reasoning test is only an assessment and not a pass-fail thing. but if... if it includes iq tests and mental aptitude n stuff.. then it might have a different outcome altogether!

@pilot2612

even i dont have those books buddy:(......so many diff books r there....how many to buy....there is no end to books collection....which books to refer has become so confusing.....:confused:......anyways which online tests r u talking abt n they r for what???

i think reasoning will have pass-fail coz its a filteration process n will have elimination.....!!!! n also don't know what practice time means as mentioned in the call letter....

On The ILS
28th Jul 2010, 19:38
waiting on one ..

@mike sierra

that's strange buddy...coz stiffypro spoke to Manager Shreekant Bhagwat on last friday i guess n he at that time said the call letter procedure is over n also haven't heard from anyone this week abt call letters....JoshiR was also waiting for a call....don't know whether he got the letter or no........so chances r slim.....maybe the HR guys cooked up a story so that they don't have to give explanation to u......but still if they have told u something like this all u can do is PRAY and HOPE to get a call....All the best :ok:....do let us know if u get1....!!! tc!!!!

On The ILS
28th Jul 2010, 19:46
same answer to one of my friend !!!!

@arm is strong

i think the HR guys r now giving a false hope story to all those who r calling so that people don't start arguing and start asking them questions....seems difficult now to get a call coz hardly 3 days for the exam to go n also haven't heard in the last few days abt any1 getting a call....also stiffypro spoke to manager and he clearly said that no more call letters....so each 1 in the HR is giving a different story....a complete chaos from JET this time...!!!!:*

stiffy_pro
29th Jul 2010, 04:16
Exactly he told me that they are done so please excuse us and on top of that he told me that they don't have any seats available at the centers either...

saurabh sharma
29th Jul 2010, 04:56
Guys I got my call letter today so keep waiting they are still sending call letters.

Good Luck

piper_cherokee
29th Jul 2010, 05:12
A friend of mine received his call letter yesterday evening. The no. of candidates is more than 800 in Delhi now, as his roll no. is 28XX.

pilot2612
29th Jul 2010, 07:05
LSAT Sample Logical Reasoning Questions (http://www.bestsamplequestions.com/lsat-sample-questions/lsat-sample-logical-reasoning-questions/lsat-sample-logical-reasoning-questions-2.html)

this is what i found. but havnt finished my regular aviation syllabus to start this ****.
you are right about the books... how much will we gather... n like il study! ;)

the practice time... hmm!! BIG QUESTION.
i think its basically tht.. we be der by 10:30.
they make us fill the forms n **** by 11
start with a small briefing and stuff.
by about 1115 we get the reason test
which we have to start only at 1130 and finsih by1 or so followed by lunch and then the main exam.

again this is all hypothetical. but how different can it be!

but this practice time funda is fairly new to aviation or rather any field!!

sujatanathv
29th Jul 2010, 08:07
Aptitude Test Examples | Practice Aptitude Tests | Free Psychometric Test | Personality Tests | Verbal Reasoning (http://www.psychometric-success.com/downloads/download-practice-tests.htm)

this link sounds more like wht we should be expecting.. particularly try numerical & technical ability sections... :)

princegulati121
29th Jul 2010, 11:01
jet has given call letters for 1st august yesterday also....its conformed they r still sending the call letters...one of my frnd got yesterday....so guys who haven't got the letters...keep ur fingers crossed!!!

aryansat13
29th Jul 2010, 14:09
i have a friend flying for jet who said me last month that jet is coming up with 80 F/O positions not sure if its for ATR or for B737NG ...but as per him the ATR pay sounds gr8 200k rs ....well i wish all the ones appearing for the written a good luck and hope they recruit at least 10 people through this way apart from the regular Jugad kids ....

aviator_kool
29th Jul 2010, 14:36
I suppose that there are 42 vacancies for which in n around 2500 PIlots will be fighting out of which approx. 15-20 would for the Commanders Children.

This is what I have overheard.... nothing is confirmed yet.

Again another speculation nothing else...

Till Then...
"ALL THE BEST" :ok:
:ugh: Your head guys... :D:)

pilot2612
29th Jul 2010, 16:50
iv heard almost the same story bout the selection.
15-20 already selected for captains
supposedly some ministers also have pre-bookings. some guy from mumbai already has given 7 names...
wonder wats coming...

also another thing heard...
they are taking ppl in bulk this time. and then will take batch wise.
as in.. they are selecting almost 500 ppl and will call them as and when needed.
but no pays till you are called for the ground classes...

sounds great if true.

piper_cherokee
29th Jul 2010, 17:01
500:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!! !
if its true that will be their only recruitment for the next 5-6 years ...but can't be true in any case. I have heard they'll take 200, but that also doesn't seem to be true. 200 is still possible but 500:eek::eek::eek:

Arm is Strong
29th Jul 2010, 17:31
200 or 500..........these figures might be possible as they are calling around 2500 ppls....first there plan was not to call around 2500 ppls as they haven't advertise for it....if they want to select 30-40ppls....then there is no need to call 2500 ppls or they might have recruit those guys by back door entry.....any thing can happen......pray to god,it will be a great news in last couple of years, if they are selecting people in bulk.....fingures crossed

alphabravocharlie1
29th Jul 2010, 17:33
Myth about connections and "jugaad" ...

Too much is being spoken about people with political contacts.

Understand that no airline will want a sizeable portion of their work force with political connections. They are asking for trouble. Tomorrow these very politically connected junior pilots could start some new union or other forms of mass protests and cause trouble to management.

Yes, there are a few candidates with political connections but VERY FEW.
They are those with really good contacts with union ministers belonging to Congress or those who know Mr.Praful Patel personally.
MLAs, MPs and other small time political contacts never work with an airline like 9W.

Secondly .. regarding "Commanders" and their kids.

Again a big myth. These "Commanders" are mere employees of the airline. Except for VP OPs, Chief Pilot, and few other Examiners, none of the other so called "COMMANDERS" (better known as Captains) have any big influence on the selections.

There are several sons/daughters/newphews of "commanders" of jet airways itself who have been unemployed for almost 2 years now.

Dont forget, these "commanders" will first have to make way for the real jugaadu kids .. ie those who know the VP, Director etc of Jet Airways.

Arm is Strong
29th Jul 2010, 17:40
I think u never had attended a school.....that is why.....u r not able to recognized the difference in between "ARMSTRONG and ARM Is STRONG.....dont laugh too much,,,,otherwise pain in stomach will not allow u to appear on aug...1...........and keep some of your valuable laughs in excess for UR Results ,to laugh on ur self.....ha ha ha.....

Really sorry buddy........i shouldn't have post such cheap quote like that...really appreciate your support..

adrika
29th Jul 2010, 18:38
does anyone know what kind of questions are expected in the jet airways exam?

aviator_kool
29th Jul 2010, 18:40
Secondly .. regarding "Commanders" and their kids.

Again a big myth. These "Commanders" are mere employees of the airline. Except for VP OPs, Chief Pilot, and few other Examiners, none of the other so called "COMMANDERS" (better known as Captains) have any big influence on the selections.

There are several sons/daughters/newphews of "commanders" of jet airways itself who have been unemployed for almost 2 years now.

Dont forget, these "commanders" will first have to make way for the real jugaadu kids .. ie those who know the VP, Director etc of Jet Airways.

@alphbravocharlie,

When we say commanders we talk about VP's OP's and Chief Pilots only. And not just Commanders.

On The ILS
29th Jul 2010, 19:11
@pilot 2612

thanx a lot buddy for the link of sample reasoning questions....:D:D!!! really appreciate it....!!!

2ndly u r almost rite about our schedule on sunday...we r in for a long n stressful day....!!!!

regarding the practice time a friend of mine told me that the jet r calling the gap between the techincal exam and reasoning exam as practice time as the gap will give us time to read n so call practice:confused:....i dont' think this is logical...she also said that she heard it from somewhere....seems more of a RUMOUR again....what do u think about it??

On The ILS
29th Jul 2010, 19:16
I suppose that there are 42 vacancies for which in n around 2500 PIlots will be fighting out of which approx. 15-20 would for the Commanders Children.

This is what I have overheard.... nothing is confirmed yet.

Again another speculation nothing else...

@ aviator kool

heard a big time Speculation/Rumour in the evng today that vacancies r close to 40 divided into batch of 20/20....ppl will b ranked in the selection process...1st 20 will be on 737's and next 20 will be on ATR's.....:ugh::ugh:.....now God only knows how far this is true....???

anyone heard something on similar lines????

On The ILS
29th Jul 2010, 19:33
@ pilot 2612

500 getting shorlisted.....wow that's a lot.....is it just a rumour or u think this one has some weight in it......if that's the case then its cool...!!!:cool::cool:......this would be the best news in the industry since last 2 1/2 years...!!! find out more abt this if u can buddy....

@ piper cherokee

even if its 200 n not 500 as pilot2612 mentioned, its still gr8 news.....much better than struggling for 30-40 positions.....of which 10-15 positions have heard r fixed........so this news is really good...i hope its true....!!!!!!!

@ arm is strong

200 or 500..........these figures might be possible as they are calling around 2500 ppls....first there plan was not to call around 2500 ppls as they haven't advertise for it....if they want to select 30-40ppls....then there is no need to call 2500 ppls or they might have recruit those guys by back door entry.....any thing can happen......

makes absolute sense buddy......!!!!! but we can't be sure on it coz last year air india had called close to 2000 ppl to recruit for 40 positions......but seriously we need a huge recruitment drive to kick start the pilot hirings in the industry again....!!!!!!:):)

On The ILS
29th Jul 2010, 19:43
Really sorry buddy........i shouldn't have post such cheap quote like that...really appreciate your support..

@ arm is strong

hey buddy.....its okie n even I M VERY SORRY.....!!!! i shouldn't have also made fun of u....!!!! absolutely no use in keeping grudges for no reason...!!! lets forget everything that happened n start afresh....!!!! :):):)

n howz ur preparation going for sunday??? tc buddy....!!!!

On The ILS
29th Jul 2010, 19:48
Practice Aptitude Tests

Aptitude Test Examples | Practice Aptitude Tests | Free Psychometric Test | Personality Tests | Verbal Reasoning (http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X487496&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.psychometric-success.com%2Fdownloads%2Fdownload-practice-tests.htm&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D5837 642%26posted%3D1%23post5837642)

this link sounds more like wht we should be expecting.. particularly try numerical & technical ability sections...

thanx for sharing the link sujatanathv....appreciate it....:D:D....!!! tc....n all the best...!!!:ok:

On The ILS
29th Jul 2010, 20:03
does anyone know what kind of questions are expected in the jet airways exam?

@ adrika

its diificult to say n no one will know exactly what kind of questions r asked.....it wud be like our DGCA exams but definitely standard will be lot higher as we r expected to know everything in detail n depth...!!! it should have more of theory.......the call letter says-

Part-2: Domain Aptitude Tests consisting of Technical, Performance, Instruments, Navigation, Radio Aids, Air Regulation and Meteorology

so we will have more of theoretical questions on these subjects and also could have some numericals on radio aids n other numericals which do not require calculators.....but make sure u study jet engines coz there is a gr8 chance that the paper will have sizeable number of questions on it....anyways all the best:ok: n tc....!!!!

pilot2612
29th Jul 2010, 22:56
hey guys..
il have to agree with arm is strong on the fact tht "if they wanted onl 30-40 then then din even have to have all these call letters sent out.. they shouldv just picked them... so i do believe tht the number is gonna be more than 40 but how much more.. i have no clue.
@on the ils
YOU BET BRO!! thts gonna be a great news. but again.. we are living in a desperate time... speculations n rumours are with endless hope! ;)
Also what you mentioned about air india is true.. very true.. but im hoping jet doesnt do tht... it'll be a huge disappointment.. we need jobs!! parents are going thru hell!
and what you heard from your pal is cool.. but tht so called "practice time" could very well be the time between the 2 papers when they expect us to eat drink and study..or REVISE everything! ha ha...
@aviator cool
i dun think they would put ppl on ATR cuz for ATR they had held intakes just a few weeks back (3-4) in which the KFA atr type rated guys sitting at home since 2 years had gone.. and i know this for a fact.
so i assume the vacancies are for jet... or may be they want for both since they might be planning an expansion.
but still a number of atr type rated guys from kfa are without flying... so the possibility is less..

i am so mind ****** trying to study all these subjects.. feels like im reading most of the stuff for the 1st time!! like tht qdf,qdm in the GC n Rl with conv..WTF!!!
charts are going right over my head!! the last time i did all this was almost 2 years back!!

what do you guys think we should do for TECH n PERFORMANCE??? ACE?

cheers n hope you guys are understand wat you read, UNLIKE me! ;)

cargowannabe
30th Jul 2010, 01:45
Jet airways SUCKS!!!!!! Yes i worked there!!! Yes i know the key players and yes it sucks!!!!!!!

Cargo

really good brianni (sp) thought

jimmygill
30th Jul 2010, 04:22
Are you referring to Biryani at Sujata Palace?

mike_sierra
30th Jul 2010, 06:14
called them up today yet again...reception says they have not finished sending out the mails...gonna send till 5 in the evening....
Fingers crossed !:hmm:

(seems highly unlikely about it though)

jimmygill
30th Jul 2010, 06:56
called them up today yet again...reception says they have not finished sending out the mails...gonna send till 5 in the evening....
Fingers crossed !

Just relax those fingers. If one doesn't have a decent connection one is not going to get the call.

And one's friend who got it through connection will not admit how he/she got it.

Friday 5 pm deadline is so that the HR doesn't get too many calls before that time, and after that time they will be home anyways.

Relax.

trimtab23
30th Jul 2010, 07:04
very true......
agree with Jimmygill's previous post...:D

mike_sierra
30th Jul 2010, 07:12
@jimmygill

i know that scene has a high probability.....:(

trimtab23
30th Jul 2010, 07:32
people don't get upset .... if we don't have call letter this time....so what....??

situation may be tough..
hold on when we are being hit hard..:ouch:
no matter what....
we should not loose hope...
and we should not quit...:=

Apna bhi no aayega.... just keep trying. and keep your eyes open..

niksmathew24
30th Jul 2010, 10:51
Apna bhi no aayega.... just keep trying. and keep your eyes open..

Reminds me of the old pepsi ad starring SRK...:E

Shabez
30th Jul 2010, 12:23
the guys have called me to mumbai to give the exam...i just got their mail...thers no way in hell i can reach there...is there any way that i can get the center changed to delhi i have a 17xx roll no...any contact numbers etc of HR would be appreciated...i tried mailing them...no response...i tried calling the corp office but thats always just waiting for operator please standby...

naughtyjay
30th Jul 2010, 12:43
i havent recived the roll no,,,,,, now no hopes left,

All the best to all of you, please get selected, so that i have a better chance next time (if it comes)
;)

jimmygill
30th Jul 2010, 13:15
the guys have called me to mumbai to give the exam...i just got their mail...thers no way in hell i can reach there...is there any way that i can get the center changed to delhi i have a 17xx roll no...any contact numbers etc of HR would be appreciated...i tried mailing them...no response...i tried calling the corp office but thats always just waiting for operator please standby...

1. Go to Dhaula Kuan Get a Bus for Udaipur, and then Udaipur to Dadar 36 hrs
2. Go to any of the railways stations and catch a train, if TT comes he will fine you 250 rs and the twice the fare of the class you are travelling in. (24 hrs)
3. Book an air ticket. INR 5450 a few minutes back.

In all probablity much cheaper than the indigo recruitment deal.

alphabravocharlie1
30th Jul 2010, 14:50
i havent recived the roll no,,,,,, now no hopes left,

All the best to all of you, please get selected, so that i have a better chance next time (if it comes)
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Although the intended humour itself doesn't hold logic, this is another classic example why mental reasoning is an important and often neglected part of recruitment of flight crew in aviation. (earlier example given by jimmygill)

mike_sierra
30th Jul 2010, 15:51
can anyone please tell me where is the exam center at mumbai ............

aviator.rohan
30th Jul 2010, 16:40
I would like to suggest all my fellow unemployed pilots that instead of doing unnecessary SAMAJ SEVA 2 sum ppl who are nt even intrested or nt even bothered abt whts happening in aviation but just decided to enter the field thinkin tht its easiest thing 2 do after 12th n den make **** loads of money 4 doing nuthin n den de decide 2 go to places lyk philippines n states(nt all schools tho) n get a cpl in 6mnths or so..... so plss let evry1 help themselves coz let me remind u THAT IT'S NOT A GROUP EFFORT HERE 2 GET A JOB no1 is gonna rate u wen u go 4 job by how many posts u put on this forum 2 help ppl ESP: UPWA MEMBERS :-) so plss get ur act together n study 4 urself coz evry mans 4 himself

dragstar
30th Jul 2010, 16:50
Its true JET is still in the process of sending out Call Letters.
Two of my friends got a call letter for Mumbai center 5 hours ago. Though fortunately / unfortunately I haven't heard anything.

I guess they are only sending letters for Mumbai center.

Whooop Whooop...
30th Jul 2010, 17:35
Sathaye College, Dixit Road, Vile Parle (E), Mumbai 400 057

Try Google Maps...its right on most of the times....
Anyways....checked it out...its there
And here is the link...

Sathaye College, Vile Parle East, Mumbai, Maharashtra - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Sathaye+College,+Vile+Parle+East,+Mumbai,+Maharashtra&sll=19.017656,72.856178&sspn=0.706289,1.234589&ie=UTF8&hq=Sathaye+College,&hnear=Vile+Parle+East,+Mumbai,+Mumbai+suburban,+Maharashtra&ll=19.099715,72.852337&spn=0.01103,0.01929&z=16&iwloc=A)

naughtyjay
30th Jul 2010, 17:52
the mumbai centre is sathye college...

if u come via flight... u need to catch a rickshaw n just say sathye college (vile parle east, the airport is also in vile parle east)...

just in case if the rick guys doesnt know satheye college
ask him to take u to parle railway stn, on the enroute, u will see Natural Ice cream on ur right side, take that right.. n its arnd 4-5 buildings later

IF u coming via train, get down at ANDHERI (if not borivali) station, catch a local for churchgate from the same stn, n get down at vile parle (which is the next station)
go to the east side n catch a ric, n say sathye college...u shld reach in minimum fare, or u can even walk for 5-10 mins...

jimmygill
30th Jul 2010, 18:17
I would like to suggest all my fellow unemployed pilots that instead of doing unnecessary SAMAJ SEVA 2 sum ppl who are nt even intrested or nt even bothered abt whts happening in aviation but just decided to enter the field thinkin tht its easiest thing 2 do after 12th n den make **** loads of money 4 doing nuthin n den de decide 2 go to places lyk philippines n states(nt all schools tho) n get a cpl in 6mnths or so..... so plss let evry1 help themselves coz let me remind u THAT IT'S NOT A GROUP EFFORT HERE 2 GET A JOB no1 is gonna rate u wen u go 4 job by how many posts u put on this forum 2 help ppl ESP: UPWA MEMBERS :-) so plss get ur act together n study 4 urself coz evry mans 4 himself

Its never a group effort to get a job. Its individual effort. Its true none is gonna rate one better for being a UPWA member/activist. But ungrateful lot like you should at least think twice when they drive over any public road or utilise any public goods.

If your upbringing or intellect doesn't allow you to understand public good, you will better do being quiet, rather than shelling out your self serving prescriptions for others. What a shame in name of education you are.

mike_sierra
30th Jul 2010, 18:57
@naughtyjay thanks a ton for the info...

btw i live in vile parle..just that i did not know the college name
good luck!!

alphabravocharlie1
31st Jul 2010, 06:03
Inside dope on jet airways test :

Many of you might be wondering whats really going on in jet airways HR regarding this call letters thing, and some people getting call, some not.

well, what really happened is that HR department junior boys sent out call letter on the 20th of July for the written test.
They had sent about 3000 letters.
many candidates as you might be aware did not get calls and there were frantic enquiries on pprune about whether or not they will continue giving the latters or whats the last date to expect letter etc.

now, what the junior HR boys have done is, they have "blocked" certain roll numbers. There are lots of middlemen whom upon paying a sum of Rupees 10K to 15K can get you that roll number for the exam.

lets be honest. I know people here will not admit it, but all the people who have got the call letters after the 21st of July have got it only because of either some vague contacts with jet airways or by paying money to some agents.
This was purposely done so that the HR staff can make some quick easy money.

lets say about 100 candidates pay to get the call letter, then the amount = 10K X 100 = 10lac rupees :eek:
actual amount is more like 40 lac rupees which will be distributed amongst the HR staff and some agents.

in desperate times, people will be most willing to pay 10 thousand rupees to get call letter for an airline exam

LOFT
31st Jul 2010, 08:11
Well I wonder what made you come up with this theory, but three of my friends have got the emails yesterday in the afternoon and they haven't paid a dime, also they submitted the cv online just a week back. Although bribing is the easier way to get things done in india if you have got the money, but it's not always the case.

All the best to everyone for the exams, may the brightest minds win!
Peace out!:ok:

dileep anne
31st Jul 2010, 08:23
I got it on the 21st...I haven't paid any thing

sierra_november
31st Jul 2010, 08:24
alphabravocharlie1 said

"now, what the junior HR boys have done is, they have "blocked" certain roll numbers. There are lots of middlemen whom upon paying a sum of Rupees 10K to 15K can get you that roll number for the exam.

lets be honest. I know people here will not admit it, but all the people who have got the call letters after the 21st of July have got it only because of either some vague contacts with jet airways or by paying money to some agents.
This was purposely done so that the HR staff can make some quick easy money."

That is utter nonsense. Three of my friends who have no contacts in Jet or within the aviation industry in general received their call letters on 22nd July ,23rd July and 30th July respectively.The friend of mine who received his call letter yesterday had given up hopes of hearing from Jet because he had applied only after Jet started sending out call letters i.e after 20th July.He kept calling up their corporate office in Andheri only to be told that he would have to wait as they are in the process of sending out call letters.

If you speak to pilots in Jet who got in during early 2000s they will tell you that Jet would never advertise for Trainee FO positions, they would always call candidates from applications received. It's nothing different now.

mike_sierra
31st Jul 2010, 11:30
indeed!!
JUGAAD's been hyped wayy much..

jimmygill
31st Jul 2010, 13:40
indeed!!
JUGAAD's been hyped wayy much..

Thats the reality.

Three of my friends who have no contacts in Jet or within the aviation industry in general received their call letters on 22nd July ,23rd July and 30th July respectively.

Sierra_November correct way to put it is:
Three of my friends who will not share thier contacts in Jet or within the aviation industry in general received their call letters on 22nd July ,23rd July and 30th July respectively.

shanx
31st Jul 2010, 13:48
jimmygill said :

Mike_Sierra correct way to put it is:

Quote:
Three of my friends who will not share thier contacts in Jet or within the aviation industry in general received their call letters on 22nd July ,23rd July and 30th July respectively.

and THAT is the real TRUTH about Indian Aviation.

Those claiming that their "friends" or "best friends" or "close friends" got a call, or told them so-and-so or who have absolutely no idea about certain things are outright kidding themselves.

The term FRIEND does not exist in Indian aviation.

It's more an illusion. (or delusion ?)

A340AM
31st Jul 2010, 14:19
ummm , hate to intrude
one of my friends , who after hearing from me bout jet , sent his email to jet on d 25th in fornt of me nd a couple others , got his call on d 30th ,
also i can guarantee this guy has no contacts where so ever forget jet , adding to the fact that he had no clue bout this exam
lets face it guys , jet has more or less invited all those who'v sent their cv s to them , the very few who havent got the letter r really unlucky bt yea god takes care of evrything !!!!:ok:

pilot2612
31st Jul 2010, 14:29
as the tension builds up... so do questions in mind..

IS THE MENTAL ABILITY TEST only ASSESSMENT?? or a DECIDING FACTOR?

as in does it have any weightage (15%,20% marks would be this and the rest aviation topics paper)????

jimmygill
31st Jul 2010, 14:42
@A340AM

How about you, had you applied did you get the roll number without any additional efforts.

shanx
31st Jul 2010, 15:00
as the tension builds up... so do questions in mind..

IS THE MENTAL ABILITY TEST only ASSESSMENT?? or a DECIDING FACTOR?

as in does it have any weightage (15%,20% marks would be this and the rest aviation topics paper)????

The only ones who can give you the correct answer to that would be the HR Department of Jet Airways.
Anything else would be mere speculations.

Having said that, no additional tests including Mental/Reasoning tests would be conducted in a recruitment exam without it being a deciding factor in the candidate's result in some way or the other.

sujatanathv
31st Jul 2010, 15:08
i got on 20th and i hav no whatsoever "connections"
jus heard the rumors afloat n sent the resume.

sierra_november
31st Jul 2010, 15:44
@ shanx and jimmygill

"Three of my friends who will not share thier contacts in Jet or within the aviation industry in general received their call letters on 22nd July ,23rd July and 30th July respectively."

yes, that explains why two of them are working in a call centre and the third in a small software firm.

jimmygill
31st Jul 2010, 16:11
yes, that explains why two of them are working in a call centre and the third in a small software firm

There is always a degree of connection. Some can get the roll number if it had not been sent to them during normal process. Some can get Jet Airways to send a chauffeur driven car to the exam center. Others already are inside jet airways.

A340AM
31st Jul 2010, 17:55
i got it without any problem

speedbird787
31st Jul 2010, 18:53
well all the best to all of you for the test ....may the truly deserving get the honors :ok:

happy landings

drigruan
31st Jul 2010, 19:23
@speedbird: Thanks ! I sure as hell need it :ugh:

sparrowhawk73
1st Aug 2010, 02:14
I have been following this thread with interest, and have been struck by the inanity I see here.
Striving to gain a foothold in your chosen profession is great, but let's not forget that the operative word here is 'profession'. Being a professional begins with the right attitude (pun intended), and professionalism seems to be sadly lacking in this thread.
This is not just another job, but a commitment for life. Good pay and perks come with the responsibility of holding peoples lives in your hands, and to do justice to that you need maturity, a good attitude and buckets of hard work.
I would suggest to some, spend less time on pprune, and more time with your nose to the grindstone.
As far as 'jugaad' is concerned, I think we're all being overly cynical. Its a fact of life in all walks of life in this country, so why single out aviation.
I DON'T endorse it though, but it is a fact of life.
But not on the scale that some people on this thread might have you believe.
And those moaning about this mythical 'jugaad', be honest, and ask yourselves, do you moan because the other guy has 'jugaad', or because you yourself do not? And honestly, if you had that 'jugaad', would you not use it ???
So just get off the issue, keep the hard work going, and if not called for this exam, keep your CVs updated, tomorrow is another day.

mike_sierra
1st Aug 2010, 12:24
@guys who attempted the exam...

would be great if you could throw some light on it
how was it?

speedbird787
1st Aug 2010, 12:39
well the aviation subjects test was easy t:)hough it had negative marking ....most of the guys would have scored in that.........but the mental reasoning was not .............and surely looks like the reasoning tests will decide the outcome.:cool:

jimmygill
1st Aug 2010, 12:52
1. Why were we asked to mark in pencil and not pen?
2. Why was there no identity check at least at Delhi center?
3. Why was unique id of answer sheet not printed on the answer sheet?

jimmygill
1st Aug 2010, 12:55
This is not just another job, but a commitment for life.

Which job is not?

avalanche007
1st Aug 2010, 13:07
@jimmygill

in mumbai centre we were asked to mark with pen itself

and the last aviation test had one correction (q no 10) and one question was disqualified (q no 26)

takeoffpowerset
1st Aug 2010, 13:17
I guess people good at folding things (MITHAI ke DABBE ) :ugh: ( sweet boxes)should be able to make it .... it was irritating imagining those vierd shapes being folded !!!!!!!

probably Jet wants ppl for packing there in flight meal BOXES :ok:

prayingdamsel
1st Aug 2010, 13:39
Exactly! i wasn't really sure wht the mental aptitude tests were for!:confused: I mean i thought i was giving a pilot entrance exam! dint know had to play with 3d figures and stuff like tht,:ugh:

i dunno if there is any jugad but certainly these mental tests would filter people out! and above that God alone knows wht the right answers were!

nitin 3000
1st Aug 2010, 14:44
check ur PM

sierra_november
1st Aug 2010, 15:04
@jimmygill

"Some can get Jet Airways to send a chauffeur driven car to the exam center."

If you want to make a point, at least make a valid one, rather than writing BS of this sort.

I refuse to believe that more than 1000 candidates who gave the exam today got the call letter because all of them had some kind of contact in Jet airways.

aviator_kool
1st Aug 2010, 15:35
I know I am too late in posting anything and everything about the exams.

But in all I would like to comment that the technical paper was PROPERLY SET. That was the paper alone which could at least filter out the Below Average (I mean the Ones who have really taken Aviation as a Hobby or have Loads of Money to Clear it out with Money and not with the Proper kind of Approach.) Pilots from the ones who really would have studied would have scratched out the Best they can in Studies and Practical Application, Because the paper was so.

About the Mental test it was not that much necessary, but even Jet do need some Criteria to filter out around approx 600 guys in the examination(as they are going to approx select 150 candidates from the examination held) so no idea whether to complain about it or no.

And the Last test compiled of Nav, Regs, POF(Principles Of Flight), Performance & Met was the easiest one.
So in short (actually the above message is too long:))
Jet at least did a good job:D

And also ALL THE BEST :ok: to all of them for their results.

jimmygill
1st Aug 2010, 16:08
@sierra_november

If you want to make a point, at least make a valid one, rather than writing BS of this sort.

That was preemptive, before real BS about jets system being all fair starts pouring in.

I refuse to believe that more than 1000 candidates who gave the exam today got the call letter because all of them had some kind of contact in Jet airways.

At the same time I refuse to believe

1. That all those who didn't get the call had not sent the CV to SM center.
2. That all those who today appeared for the exam got the roll number just because they had sent their CV to SM center in time and nothing else.
3. That there was no impersonation today.
4. That there will be absolutely no evaluation malpractices.

The very design of the system is for pilfering. You are acting like you have grown up in some kind of Utopia. In this nation where everyone is willing to cheat in exams, having such abysmal anti-cheating system is itself a crying plea of mea culpa.

If you live in this country, first get an idea about her.

sabz hoti hi nahin ye sarzamin
tukhm-e-khwahish dil main tu bota hai kya

ibtida-e-ishq hai rota hai kya
age age dekhiye hota hai kya

PS: Sorry I made an assumption that you are grown up, if I am wrong do let me know.

A340AM
1st Aug 2010, 16:39
questions nd answers please any1?

jimmygill
1st Aug 2010, 16:51
Some bad questions...

1. Horizontally Polarized radio waves are
a) Electrical field travels in horizontal plane
b) Magnetic field travels in vertical plane
c) Electric field travels in vertical plane
d) Magnetic field travels in horizontal plane

For people who are aware of little bit of science they know that, in EM radiations E and M fields are perpendicular to each other and vary in a plane transverse to the direction of propagation, hence a) and b) are same, and so are c) and d), this question is going to have two correct answers, and each one is as correct as other. This question displays that question setter is a nincompoop.

2. Earth is heated by
a) A. Insulation (sic)
b) some bs option
c) another bs option
d) none of the above

Those who know what is Insolation and Insulation, knows that its an ill-made question,

3. If an aircraft descends to a higher altitude at constant IAS
a) M increases
b) M decreases
c) .....
d) .....

Obviously there is a mistake, but which one is mistake, 'descends' or 'higher'

4. Speed of sound at sea level ISA is
a) 660.7 Knots
b) 661.7 Knots
c) 662.7 Knots
d) 663.7 Knots

What the hell are they trying to evaluate...

5. Atmosphere is instable when ELR is
a) > DALR
b) = DALR
c) < DALR
d) none of above (not sure)

In order to determine Instability absolutely one needs to know ELR in relation to SALR, this is not the best way to ask this question.

More as I remember.... had I not been subjected to all those paper folding I would have retained more of their mistakes, especially from the Technical paper...

One more

6. Flight spoiler
a) some bull **** option
b) some bull **** option
c) some bull **** option
d) increase lift on up-going wing

That was the closest thing which could be called 'correct', and any decent pilot will know how incorrect this is...

6. Flight spoiler
a) some bull **** option
b) some bull **** option
c) some bull **** option
d) increase lift on up-going wing

6. Aircraft generator are rated as
a) ....
b) KVA
c) KW
d) none of the above

How do KVA and KW differ?

That was the closest thing which could be called 'correct', and any decent pilot will know how incorrect this is..

there was another one on flight spoiler... any one remebers?
and there was one question about trim tab where word 'ahead' was used while defining some position 'trim tab', 'ahead' is an ambiguous term to use.. while Cockpit is ahead of wings, for the wind wings are ahead of the cockpit. Smart teachers use words like fore and aft, instead of ahead and behind.

sierra_november
1st Aug 2010, 17:09
@jimmygill

When did I say that the whole selection process is going to be fair and square ????

All I was voicing against was, people hyping 'jugaad' at this level i.e getting called for the written. you were the one who said that all 3 of my friends have a jack in Jet and so they got called for the written, now if this applies to them then it should apply to all those who got called after 21st/22nd etc... which amounts to a big number

I have given three airline tests including the one today and I very well know how the system works.

"Some can get Jet Airways to send a chauffeur driven car to the exam center."

People can judge who is grown up and who is not from the above comment.

jimmygill
1st Aug 2010, 17:29
which amounts to a big number

Do you know exactly how big is that number?

On 21st December, Roll numbers for Delhi center were already at 2800 series. Today the highest roll number was 2936 in Delhi.

And if people did get roll numbers which were out of serial after 21st that only corroborates alphabravocharlie's theory.

If one's dad is DGCA, JDGCA, DDGCA, CXO at 9W, It won't be hard to get that car. Trust me its blatant over here. And if one's dad were Praful Patel, it would have been the CRJ or ATR from 9W and of course with whisky on board, it will take one directly from Gondia and airdrop in Delhi. When Rudy got that job it was not that he was world class pilot and he knew what Alveoli are.

In aviation foul play is the rule, fair game is the exception.

Get out from the creche and see the world for what it is.

cats200
1st Aug 2010, 17:43
Guys i know its a bit 2 early bt do you know when the written xam results are..?