PDA

View Full Version : Tiger

CubaLibre
12th Jul 2010, 14:25
Heard on the grape vine a lot of people leaving Sin for HKG.

Any of it true?

airbusbatics
12th Jul 2010, 19:23
Kind of heard the same thing today, that up to 15 guys are leaving.

Also new Chief Pilot in the house according to my sources.

A. Le Rhone
13th Jul 2010, 00:16
As the global recovery picks up, staff will always leave inferior airlines like Tiger.

If a fraction of the predicted need for aircrews over the next few years eventuates (as detailed in Flight International recently), the Tigers, Ryans and JetStars of this world will struggle to man their flights. They only have themselves to blame.

boocs
13th Jul 2010, 02:55
yes apparently when they approched a recruiting agency for my pilots, they were politely told to piss off as Tiger is paying 30% below average wages and no-one in their right mind would apply for such terrible conditions!!

Oops!!

b.

airbusbatics
13th Jul 2010, 03:34
I believe they are still trying to get pilots through Wynnwith aviation...

CubaLibre
13th Jul 2010, 08:10
Thanks for the replies guys. What happened to the previous Chief Pilot?

boocs
13th Jul 2010, 09:47
went to Ethiad. Wouldn't you head off after been given a pay cut???
b.

CubaLibre
13th Jul 2010, 10:11
Thanks Boocs, didn't even know they had a pay cut. Hows that for in the loop.

airbusbatics
13th Jul 2010, 10:25
Pay cut....humm...that is debatable. Line pilots got a pay cut and they felt it.

The cash out he got from the IPO could cover any pay cuts for years to come....

Not saying that he didn't deserve it thou. Putting up with the homo mgmt lobby and a Training Manager with a Napoleon complex was not easy...

Sunstar320
13th Jul 2010, 11:03
You've got pilots dropping like flies in Singapore and Cabin Crew walking in Australia :D

The paycut was introduced quite a while back, no union so they had no choice. At least the guys in Oz have a union and are only putting up with Management whose antics are just amusing than anything else.

Time to hire a new MD for Singapore, she is a bloody joke to the industry.

boocs
13th Jul 2010, 12:16
when's the audit sunstar and why the delay in the next 2 aircraft?
b.

thornycactus
13th Jul 2010, 12:49
Time to hire a new MD for Singapore, she is a bloody joke to the industry.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2781/tayp.jpg

Ms Tay is capable. :)

My Singaporean friend submitted job application late last month. He supports Tiger and not worry about the pay. :D

boocs
13th Jul 2010, 14:54
oh dear.........

CubaLibre
14th Jul 2010, 04:40
Supports about sums it up

HotDog
16th Jul 2010, 11:03
Hmm, big teeth!

hongkongfooey
16th Jul 2010, 11:20
Hmm, big teeth!

Sharks do tend to have big teeth :hmm:

krankin
17th Jul 2010, 05:09
Hey guys,

Anyone know the names of the Chief Pilots in Australia and Singapore?

diablo_caliente
17th Jul 2010, 10:42
google heckel and jeckel.

krismiler
17th Jul 2010, 12:44
Heard on the grape vine a lot of people leaving Sin for HKG.

True. Vietnam, Emirates, Ethiad, Asiana and Turkish as well.

Kind of heard the same thing today, that up to 15 guys are leaving.

Also new Chief Pilot in the house according to my sources

More like twenty and new CP takes over at the end of the month.

Pay cut....humm...that is debatable. Line pilots got a pay cut and they felt it.

Line pilots were offered a new contract in November last year with a 10% cut. Few accepted BUT contracts are three year rather than permanent and renewals are being offered at the new terms on a "take it or leave it basis". Many are refusing to sign and are moving on.

Flights being cancelled due to lack of Captains. Current terms well below the going rate given the high cost of living in Singapore so considerable difficulty in finding replacements. No housing, school fees or tickets home

Management are reviewing the package at the moment so put your name up if interested but avoid committing until the new offer is made known.

Age not a problem with 65 retirement and the need to balance out the inexperienced f/os.

Don't join expecting to move on to Singapore Airlines, only Silk Air pilots can join directly in Singapore, others must come from abroad. Five years in Tiger before you can join Silk directly, then at least four before moving up.

Note requirement is for RATED AND EXPERIENCED CAPTAINS. F/Os currently surplus, only a senior A320 f/o with the numbers for a quick upgrade is likely to get a look in.

email [email protected] for recruitment

boocs
17th Jul 2010, 14:23
sounds so enticing..... :rolleyes:

Slasher
18th Jul 2010, 00:54
sounds so enticing.....

So does free sex without a condom but it doesnt mean your
going to end up with the girl (or even gender) your expecting
to get....

manflex69
18th Jul 2010, 02:07
Hi Kris...

may I know the salary at tiger? for capt and fo?
I just wanna compared with Indonesian pilots.
Here, in Indonesia, capt salary average is $ 3000 - $ 3500 per month Take Home Pay, free of tax. :ugh:
That's for A 320 pilots.

Thanks in advance..

manflex

umustb
18th Jul 2010, 04:32
Hi guys, my apologies for side-tracking off topic.

My question is - I'm a CPL holder (not rated on type) whom would like to join Tiger. Should I fork out a sum of $$ to go do a MCC/JOC ? Would that increase my chances of selection with that certification?

Thanks

Left Wing
19th Jul 2010, 02:28
umustb.. if you have 1000 hrs TT... you can talk to them about a self funded program... you pay Tiger and they type rate you in A320 if you pass you get a job..

krismiler
19th Jul 2010, 02:55
Keep your money in your pocket, they're not looking for F/Os at the moment unless they can be rapidly upgraded. You would need an ATPL and considerable experience, both total and on type to get a look in.

Head of training would need to be sure of your command potential as they are not looking for career first officers, so too much right seat time in a company which promotes quickly or too many employers with no progression along the way will go against you.

Emirates will look at you with 2500hrs on a modern jet and give you better pay and benefits. Command will be on a wide body but plan on around seven years before you get to sign the aircraft's legal documents.

Tiger will give a quicker upgrade and after two or three years in the left seat you can start applying for direct entry captain jobs else where. However total pay and benefits for an EK f/o are better than a Tiger captains. You choose.

Michael O'Leary has a much higher regard for his employees than the Tiger CEO, even QATAR Airway's Akbar Al Baker would be an improvement from what I'm hearing.

manflex69
19th Jul 2010, 03:50
seems to me that no one will answer my questions.....hmm..
just wondering why?
Is Tiger as "bad" as people said?:}
M

fighterkok
19th Jul 2010, 08:34
Tiger will give a quicker upgrade and after two or three years in the left seat you can start applying for direct entry captain jobs else where. However total pay and benefits for an EK f/o are better than a Tiger captains. You choose.

well i dont think the bigger carriers (SQ/EK/CX/QR/EY) will look at you with 2-3 years with tiger as a capt for DEC.

new F/O basic with tiger i think is S$3000 with 70$ per hour of flying

cheers,

FK

krismiler
19th Jul 2010, 11:40
well i dont think the bigger carriers (SQ/EK/CX/QR/EY) will look at you with 2-3 years with tiger as a capt for DEC.

SQ - Definately not, only take from Silk Air if hired in Singapore
EK - Doubtful, but you never know depending on their requirements
CX - Don't think they take DECs on the pax fleet ?
QR - Yes it has happened
EY - Definately, many ex Tiger staff in there both f/os and A320 DECs. Some of the A320 DECs now in the left seat of the A330.

Vietnam - Definately some in already, many soon joining
Hong Kong Airlines - Definately, several going DEC on A330

seems to me that no one will answer my questions.....hmm..
just wondering why?

Captain on new contract, Basic SG$7000/month + SG$109.2/hr
Rent will be about $3000/month, private school fees $1800-2500 per child per month depending on age and school. Worlds 11th most expensive city for expats.

Is Tiger as "bad" as people said?

Depends what you make of it. If you join for a few years to get experience, accept the negatives and move on, fine. If you don't do you homework first and know what you're getting into, you will be very disappointed.

It isn't a career airline with good benefits and a union like SQ.:)

SAO IO SPO
26th Jul 2010, 03:03
Any truth they tried to recruit some Indian pilots but were rejected when heard the pay?

Are they the lowest paid A320 drivers in Asia?

krismiler
26th Jul 2010, 05:36
Any truth they tried to recruit some Indian pilots but were rejected when heard the pay?

Yes, pay is not commensurate with the high cost of living in Singapore. SQ offer expat terms with housing, school fees and tickets home in recognition of this. Trade off is a five year contract which may not be renewed. Accept local terms sans allowances and you have the security of a permanent contract. Tiger give three year contracts with no extras ie pilots get the insecurity of fixed contracts with none of the benefits.

Are they the lowest paid A320 drivers in Asia?

Not quite Air Asia pay less and LOCALS in Indonesia and Vietnam are way behind. However having the lowest paid pilots certainly seems to be the goal of the companys CEO. He miscalculated by imposing a pay cut on their drivers last year thinking the financial crisis meant no jobs for those wanting to move on, and an endless supply of pilots willing to fly for food to cater for expansion.

He now refuses to admit he got it wrong and pay the going rate. Flights are being cancelled almost every day, Captains are all just under the flight time limits. New aircraft are arriving later this year and new destinations are being advertised whilst the current schedule can't even be maintained.

Only the older Captains (60+ and not employable elsewhere), and recent upgrades without the experience to move into the same seat at a new company are staying.

Few first officers left who are able to be promoted, even the "career" ones are being looked at just in case.

Talk of Indonesians coming in to plug the gap but even if they all get through the training, which is doubtful given the airsafety record in that country, it still won't be enough.

Emirates will be head hunting in Singapore and KL next month. Many of Tigers F/Os will qualify with 2500hrs on the baby bus. A free apartment, widebody command in 6-7 years, full service airline benefits, party town Dubai with all those flight attendents, driving a nice car and tickets home could prove attractive to some of the guys.

Rumours of a new contract being looked at so apply if interested but do not accept the current deal, tell them to call you back when they've got a sensible offer:=

ATPL Looking4work
26th Jul 2010, 08:17
HI-how does anyone get a job with any of these carriers??? I ahve what I think is sufficient time but never seem to get a look in.....Any ideas anyone??

Macarto
26th Jul 2010, 14:29
Hi guys,

Since this thread has everything to do with Tiger, may i ask if there is a Tiger CPP coming up?

SAO IO SPO
27th Jul 2010, 08:05
By CPP do you mean a cadet pilot program?

manflex69
28th Jul 2010, 06:10
Hi Kris.

Thank you about your info.
And about "plug the gap" with Indonesian pilots it's true.
Tiger wants to take few pilots from Mandala (which is Tiger's sister company).

M

krismiler
28th Jul 2010, 08:07
Tiger are desperate for Captains with three flights canceled tomorrow according to the airport website.

Anyone who is considering applying should not accept the current terms, they are a race to the bottom. Sooner rather than later they will have to pay the going rate to stay in the game and it will work out more expensive than it would have been to have kept their departing crew happy and employed with them.

Awkward questions will soon be asked of those responsible as the cost of all these cancellations hits home, not to mention the bad publicity.

Some in SQ don't want the Tiger contract being used as a bench mark next time our own conditions are being negotiated.:hmm:

johnlenon
28th Jul 2010, 12:22
Hi Manflex69

What's The Offer For Mandala Pilots From Tiger And How Many Pilots Required?

G'day

thornycactus
28th Jul 2010, 13:18
desperate for Captains with three flights canceled tomorrow according to the airport website
Sometimes the aircraft is not full, they canceled the flight.

Macarto
28th Jul 2010, 13:24
Thats correct, Cadet Pilot Programme.

thornycactus
28th Jul 2010, 16:27
Thats correct, Cadet Pilot Programme.
Tiger has never offer CPP. Do not dream about getting in.

If they have it, you must be a Singaporean (or may be an Australian) to qualify for the programme.

Also, there are "tons" of Singaporean pilots. Tiger rather train those qualified ones for rating than spending money and time on CPP. :rolleyes:

johannschmith
28th Jul 2010, 20:48
Kris is correct re Tiger. It is now a race to the bottom and the management appear to believe that they can get away with it. They are cancelling a couple of flights every day because they haven't got Captains to fly them (not because they have no passengers). That must be pretty expensive - a lot more expensive than paying their pilots a decent salary and keeping them. One captain told me that even his sim training was being cancelled to operate flights. There are Mandala pilots joining soon but Tiger is desperately short of training captains so I wonder how they'll be trained. At least four trainers have resigned with more to come and of course the Chief Pilot left a few weeks ago. Will they cut corners in training same as they are doing with salaries? Probably.

Don't forget, this is a company that has made profits for the past three years yet has never given their pilots a pay rise while the CEO gives himself a handy 10 million shares in the IPO.

Yet another case of the rich getting richer and the poor having to make do with 3K a month which won't cover your rent in Singapore. Sure go there if you're desperate but don't expect to make a living wage. Use them the same way they'll use you. If you don't need that, then stay away. In any case Jetstar is offering a better deal in Singapore so why go to Tiger when that option is open?

Emirates are here in Singapore early August (and in KL and Hong Kong) and just watch the Tiger and Jetstar guys get snapped up because they have what Emirates want and there are many ex-Tiger and ex-Jetstar guys in Emirates so the sand kaffirs know that the standard is OK.

Only when the likes of Tiger have airplanes parked on the ground for want of drivers will the bosses get sense. Many of us will drink a bevvy or two when that happens to Davis and Co. The sooner the better, so that pilots can again have a decent standard of living for their families in Singapore.

thornycactus
28th Jul 2010, 22:06
They are cancelling a couple of flights every day because they haven't got Captains to fly them (not because they have no passengers).
I see. :)

One captain told me that even his sim training was being cancelled to operate flights. There are Mandala pilots joining soon but Tiger is desperately short of training captains so I wonder how they'll be trained.
I see.

Don't forget, this is a company that has made profits for the past three years yet has never given their pilots a pay rise while the CEO gives himself a handy 10 million shares in the IPO.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9628/tonydavistigerceo.jpg

Yet another case of the rich getting richer and the poor having to make do with 3K a month which won't cover your rent in Singapore. Sure go there if you're desperate but don't expect to make a living wage. Use them the same way they'll use you. If you don't need that, then stay away. In any case Jetstar is offering a better deal in Singapore so why go to Tiger when that option is open?
Well said. :ok:

Emirates are here in Singapore early August (and in KL and Hong Kong) and just watch the Tiger and Jetstar guys get snapped up because they have what Emirates want and there are many ex-Tiger and ex-Jetstar guys in Emirates
Tiger long should have expected this.

Tiger does not train and bond pilots right from the beginning.

krismiler
29th Jul 2010, 07:51
Taken from the Changi Airport website, Tiger Airways flight cancellations.

28/07
TR2326 to Ho Chi Minh

29/07
TR2326 to Ho Chi Minh
TR2794 to Manila(Clark)
TR2272 to Jakarta
TR2638 to Chennai

30/07
TR2902 to Macau
TR2152 to Phuket
TR2104 to Bangkok

At around 85% load factor that's a lot of unhappy passengers and this is occuring almost every day with 1-3 flight cancellations being the norm. Situation will only get worse in the short term as many are still working out their notice period and even more are preparing to walk if a decent offer isn't made soon.

All Singapore based pilots need either a package reflecting the city's high cost of living or a commensurately high monthly nett pay in lieu.

m.s.r.l.p.
1st Aug 2010, 12:01
any one knows direct email chief pilot ????
Thanks

CubaLibre
1st Aug 2010, 16:40
Just saw in another thread Tiger going to start up in Thailand. Any info?

JMEN
1st Aug 2010, 23:24
Interesting

:O

TODAYonline | Business | Thai Tiger set to pounce on budget carriers (http://www.todayonline.com/Business/EDC100802-0000063/Thai-Tiger-set-to-pounce-on-budget-carriers)

thornycactus
2nd Aug 2010, 01:33
Mainboard-listed Tiger Airways is set to form an alliance with Thai Airways to start a low-cost carrier. The two sides are scheduled to organise a joint press conference in Bangkok today to announce the signing of a memorandum of understanding to establish the budget airline to be named Thai Tiger, reports said.

Looks like Tiger will soon get the Thai pilots to fly for them.

Instead of spreading itself too thin, Tiger should "just concentrate on improving their service quality. That is a part where they are already lacking in among the low-cost airlines", Mr Singh said.
It is time for Tiger to buck up.

AirAsia remains a dominant player among the low-cost carriers in Asia, analysts said, and Tiger is seen as lagging behind in terms of fleet size and network.
AirAsia has all kind of people flying for them. They never have shortage of manpower. They train people from 250 flying hours right from the beginning.

johnlenon
2nd Aug 2010, 02:15
QUOTE FROM TODAYONLINE:

But since its initial public offering, Tiger seems to be catching up quite rapidly.

"Tiger has been performing incredibly well in the first half of the year in terms of share price, forward bookings, growth and expansion plans," said Mr Shukor.

REF FROM FLIGHT INFORMATION 02 AUGUST 2010:

TR2102 BANGKOK CANCELLED
TR2326 HO CHI MINH CANCELLED
TR2908 MACAU CANCELLED
TR2272 JAKARTA RE-TIME

ARE THE ABOVE CANCELLATIONS/RE-TIME DUE PILOTS SHORTAGE?

manflex69
2nd Aug 2010, 04:17
Hi John L,

To tell you the truth Mandala not yet offering us about the "amount".
This program what they called C to C program, which is Mandala's pilot not get same salary with tiger pilots.
Mandala surplus about pilots, and tiger surplus about aircraft.
Mandala will take "small amount" (that what they said), from our payment.

For us, this is our escape road, cause if we brake our training bond, we've to pay $88000 US. 5 years contract. will be end at Dec 2011.

Mandala can't pay us reasonable, the salary of Tiger is still better than us, and it's good experience for us (have experience to fly regional), we will take it.

So.....I hope that we can have some experience about flying regional, We don't want interfering with Tiger's pilots problems. And hope that Tiger's pilots can accept as with the warmth of Singapore way.....
:ok:

Regards...
Manflex 69

thornycactus
2nd Aug 2010, 12:33
Mandala can't pay us reasonable, the salary of Tiger is still better than us, and it's good experience for us (have experience to fly regional), we will take it.

So.....I hope that we can have some experience about flying regional, We don't want interfering with Tiger's pilots problems. And hope that Tiger's pilots can accept as with the warmth of Singapore way.....

Looks like Indonesian expats are taking up Tiger's pilot vacancies. :D

flightsafety737
2nd Aug 2010, 13:19
Que pasa Cabron...

manflex69
2nd Aug 2010, 13:43
Hei 737....

wazz up brow..
Where have you been ?

Manf

flightsafety737
2nd Aug 2010, 13:53
I'm around cabron....:ok:
you guys wanna go to Tiger rite ?

PAPI-74
4th Aug 2010, 20:03
Just sent my CV but hadn't worked out how bad S$3000 really is. They are taking the p@#s!:eek:

CubaLibre
5th Aug 2010, 02:53
So you'll take the job? 3k SGD isn't going to get you much. Anyway its your choice.

4 cancelled flights today I see.

skycaptain660
14th Aug 2010, 03:57
10/08
2182 KRABI
2462 KUALA LUMPUR
11/08
2326 HOCHIMINH
2632 CHENNAI
2104 BANGKOK
12/08
2464 KUALA LUMPUR
2462 KUALA LUMPUR
13 /08
2636 CHENNAI
14/08
2464 KUALA LUMPUR
2908 MACAU
2794 CLARK

Anybody can update this list from the very begining of captains exodus?

Nothing yet on the newspapers!!

johnlenon
14th Aug 2010, 06:08
A friend in the HR department with Tiger said pilots have already exodus(ted)!

Heard all in all about 25 left/leaving the company and more will follow.However Tiger will get cheap inforcement pilots from Indonesia for a fraction of the salary the Tiger pilots are getting.

Cheap trick by the cheap CEO and cheap MD of Tiger.

MrSheffield
14th Aug 2010, 07:18
Given Indonesia's shocking safety record (mostly due pilot error) one must think how much of a risk these tight-asses running the show at Tiger are taking..... I would hate to be a passenger with an Indonesian Captain and a 250 hour cadet. Sorry

thornycactus
14th Aug 2010, 15:32
Cheap trick by the cheap CEO and cheap MD of Tiger.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9628/tonydavistigerceo.jpg http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5240/mstay.jpg

So, these are the two "cheapos" right? :}

thornycactus
14th Aug 2010, 15:46
Given Indonesia's shocking safety record (mostly due pilot error)
I like your style! You are condemning the Indonesian pilots! :)

one must think how much of a risk these tight-asses running the show at Tiger are taking.....
I can see MrSheffield implying that these Indonesian pilots are not capable at all. Right?

I would hate to be a passenger with an Indonesian Captain and a 250 hour cadet. Sorry
No.1 As a passenger, you have no choice to choose who are the pilots!

No. 2 There are many airlines in this world that employ 250 hours pilots. E.g. AirAsia, MAS, SIA, Cathay Pacific, Air India, NWA, Emirates, and etc. A 250 hours pilot must start at a point in airline career! Otherwise, how do that gain airline experience without a headstart? Also, I have never seen all 250 hours pilots are bad!

No. 3 By the way, Tiger has stop employing 250hours pilots at this time!

MrSheffield
15th Aug 2010, 02:05
Yes I am stereo-typing, but I am going by their accident history. How about that 737 Garuda crash? Very disgusting competencies displayed by the Captain and a gutless First Officer who did not assume command. I doubt a 250 hour cadet would have acted any different.

skycaptain660
15th Aug 2010, 07:09
Hi,

Tiger Airways management should recruite the best pilots they can find, pay them accordingly to the market and cost of living in singapore, no matter where they are from. Make sure they are trained properly and make sure their standard and spirit remain high.

The best assets of the company is the people not the planes or buildings or computers and furnitures. The company is neither a serie of figures, cost and profit.The creme of the creme of the company is the working force, the human beings and the energy they bring to it. Show respect and tell them you are proud of them and they will do the rest.

I have never seen "Tiger's General" taking pictures with his troups or sharing time with them. I even don't know if he is flying with Tiger Airways sometimes. To be honest i will not go to battle with him and this is the bottom of the problem.

skycaptain660
15th Aug 2010, 09:03
10/08
2182 KRABI
2462 KUALA LUMPUR
11/08
2326 HOCHIMINH
2632 CHENNAI
2104 BANGKOK
12/08
2464 KUALA LUMPUR
2462 KUALA LUMPUR
13 /08
2636 CHENNAI
14/08
2464 KUALA LUMPUR
2908 MACAU
2794 CLARK
15/08
2902 MACAU
2464 KUALA LUMPUR
2636 CHENNAI
16/08
2454 KUALA LUMPUR
2104 BANGKOK
2908 MACAU

All these cancellations are from Changi Airport website, still no news in the newspapers.

thornycactus
15th Aug 2010, 11:56
Tiger Airways management should recruite the best pilots they can find, pay them accordingly to the market and cost of living in singapore, no matter where they are from.
Need money!

Make sure they are trained properly and make sure their standard and spirit remain high.

Training cost is high!

Then, Tiger Aiways no longer be budget! :ugh:

420 HB
15th Aug 2010, 22:25
Hi can anyone who actually flies for Tiger tell me what the situation regarding recruitment is? particularly the self sponsored route for experienced turbo prop pilots. any info on contracts, salary etc..

thornycactus
15th Aug 2010, 22:43
Hi can anyone who actually flies for Tiger tell me what the situation regarding recruitment is? particularly the self sponsored route for experienced turbo prop pilots.
Tiger has self sponsored scheme. :) You have turbo-prop time will be good!

Unfortunately, as you can read in the forum, they have problem right now,. Everybody is jumping out of the sinking boat. Everything is going to be a mess internally. :uhoh:

If they have a TRI, and everything stablised then, probably they will train people again.

johnlenon
16th Aug 2010, 02:15
Can Anyone Confirm Tiger Is A Public Listed/public Share Holder Company Now?

How Could The Share Holders Accept Those Flight Cancellation(money Lost) Skycaptain Mentioned?

The Public/share Holders,due To Their Investment In Tiger Will Not Be Happy To Know The Situation,unless They Are In The Dark.

The Staff Of Tiger Should Tell The Public And The Press The Truth And The Fact Of This Mis-management Of The Airline By Its Ceo/md.

The Solution To Tiger's Problem = Change Of Ceo!

dream747
16th Aug 2010, 02:53
The flight cancellations as stated on the Changi Airport website are not accurate. Those flights are not scheduled on that day and they list them as "cancelled". Because Tiger has flights to certain cities on different days and at different timings each day, the airport website does not continuously reflect the correct schedule for each and everyday so if that flight happens not to be scheduled, they list them as "cancelled".

skycaptain660
16th Aug 2010, 06:27
Hi,

My understanding of the system (but i can be wrong) is that an Airline need to plan long time before and what appears in the Changi website is the long term schedule. Today 16th of August Tiger was planning 27 flights, they cancelled 2 flights long time ago 2104 to Bangkok, 2908 to Macau and cancelled 2454 to Kuala lumpur recently for operational raison. 2104 & 2908 were not in Geneva but 2454 was.

Out of 27 flight, at this moment of the day Tiger will flight only 24, 3 cancellation for today.

SAO IO SPO
17th Aug 2010, 02:29
Funny, I keep looking and the airport web site seems to only have cancelations by Tiger. Now why is that? All the other airlines seem to be able to crew their aircraft (some with your staff that you can't keep)!

I know you management people from Tiger are watching these forums, and trying to defend your incompetence, let us all hear some more of your feeble excuses...

bolueeleh
17th Aug 2010, 07:00
If tiger people are reading this forum,

HIRE ME!! HIRE ME!!

singaporean with A320 ratings, will work for peanuts, cheaper than mandala pilots.

PM me.

johnlenon
17th Aug 2010, 11:03
Sao Io SPo

You Are Right. 1 Pilot From Tiger Crossing To Jetstar And 5 Pilots Went For Interview And Crossing Soon But Non From Jetstar To Tiger.

21...22...23 Pilots Leaving Tiger...24...25...26...still Counting...

dabssa
17th Aug 2010, 14:23
''If tiger people are reading this forum,

HIRE ME!! HIRE ME!!

singaporean with A320 ratings, will work for peanuts, cheaper than mandala pilots.

PM me.''

WHORE!

PAPI-74
17th Aug 2010, 17:38
Wazzok!!!

Yer that will mean you are just the right person for the job.
If you were confident about yourself and your future command potential, you would demand a proper wage.

thornycactus
17th Aug 2010, 21:56
The Staff Of Tiger Should Tell The Public And The Press The Truth And The Fact Of This Mis-management Of The Airline By Its Ceo/md.
How dare you!

The Solution To Tiger's Problem = Change Of Ceo!
Bad news for you, Tiger will not change CEO! Tiger is tough, not a pussycat! :=

I know you management people from Tiger are watching these forums, and trying to defend your incompetence, let us all hear some more of your feeble excuses...
You are smart. Tiger will sure give no comment.

HIRE ME!! HIRE ME!! singaporean with A320 ratings, will work for peanuts, cheaper than mandala pilots.

Do not show "desperate" when coming to any job application. Tiger already knew who you are, you are the only Singaporean armed FAA ATP with A320 type-rated.

Many Malaysian Chinese and Hong Kee (especially the low timers) applied. They are just like you, willing to work for free.

Unfortunately, Tiger's TRI is still not ready. Also, resources are expensive.
...PM me.''WHORE!
That's rude. :=

Yer that will mean you are just the right person for the job. If you were confident about yourself and your future command potential, you would demand a proper wage.
Everybody will do the same.

This is the issue employing foreign expats. Demanding proper wages, not satisfy with pay cut, instigating other pilots to go strike quietly and etc.

CAAS should one day become CAAC, barring the expat pilots one by one.

SAO IO SPO
18th Aug 2010, 03:38
Quote:"CAAS should one day become CAAC, barring the expat pilots one by one."

Very small print, why so small Thorny?

Let's blow it up so all can see

CAAS should one day become CAAC, barring the expat pilots one by one.

Very Xenophobic of you..

Do the moderators of these forums condone racists post?

thornycactus
18th Aug 2010, 03:57
Very Xenophobic of you..
The Indian national hated the foreigners. They are extremely xenophobic!

The Aussie in Qantas is even more xenophobic! Also, the British Airways is worst than xenophobic. :}

Do the moderators of these forums condone racists post?

Nothing to do with race in my previous messages if you were to read carefully.

Very small print, why so small Thorny? Let's blow it up so all can see
I like your style! :D

johnlenon
18th Aug 2010, 09:55
Thorny,

Why Not You Contribute Notes To The Thread Instead Of Commenting On The Folks Whom Wrote?

We Did Not Ask For Your Comment.

Maida Gangsta
19th Aug 2010, 00:06
The Straits Times Interactive (http://www.straitstimes.com/print/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_568058.html)

Aug 19, 2010

Tiger axes flights in midst of pilot shortage

Experts say industry upturn could worsen manpower squeeze
By Karamjit Kaur

A PILOT shortage has forced budget carrier Tiger Airways to axe flights in recent weeks.

In the four days up to yesterday, it cancelled at least 10 flights to destinations such as Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and Chennai in India, going by information on Changi Airport's website.

A key cause of the shortage, one likely to affect other airlines as well, is the strong recovery in the aviation industry, which is jacking up demand for cockpit crew.

The Straits Times understands that Tiger has lost more than 20 of its pilots in a wave of resignations since June.

With airlines riding on the recovery to go on hiring sprees, it has become a job hunter's market not only for flight crew, but also for aircraft engineers and technicians.

Remuneration varies from airline to airline, but anecdotal evidence suggests that the Tiger pilots who have left are earning up to 30 per cent more in their new jobs.

To ease the manpower crunch, Tiger, which has about 100 pilots left, has turned to Indonesia's Mandala Airlines for short-term help. Both are partly owned by the United States-based investment firm Indigo Partners.

When contacted, neither carrier would confirm the pilot transfers.

Of the flight cancellations, Tiger's spokesman pointed out that an airline may disrupt services not just because of a manpower squeeze, but also for reasons such as safety and technical issues.

The spokesman said that despite the current shortfall, the airline is confident of attracting new pilots to support its growth.

Another airline hit by the buoyant job market is Philippine Airlines. As many as 25 pilots have walked out, some without serving their required termination notices, to join other carriers.

Experts warn the manpower crunch could worsen.

The training arm of aircraft maker Boeing, which runs 17 campuses globally, estimates that 448,000 new pilots will be needed in the next 20 years to support fleet growth and to replace retiring pilots.

About a third are expected to be based in the Asia-Pacific, said its chief customer officer, Mr Roei Ganzarski. There are now about 170,000 pilots worldwide.

The Asia-Pacific spokesman for the International Air Transport Association (Iata) Mr Albert Tjoeng, said: 'The shortage of aviation professionals has always been a concern for the industry...While the economic downturn may have brought a temporary reprieve to the situation, the shortage of aviation professionals is a long-term issue.'

To address this, Iata is working on several initiatives, including new and more efficient pilot training programmes, and looking into making the industry more attractive to those joining the workforce.

All airlines contacted by The Straits Times said they are actively recruiting.

Dubai-based Emirates plans to hire more than 700 first officers and an unspecified number of aircraft engineers in the next 1-1/2 years. Cathay Pacific, which has announced plans to add more flights to Australia, New Zealand, Canada, France and Japan, said recruiting new pilots is not an issue, a shortage of engineers is.

A spokesman for Tiger Airways' rival Jetstar said staff attrition rates are normal, and noted that the group has more than 80 new pilot vacancies to fill.

It recently launched a new cadet pilot training programme, which aims to take in up to 70 applicants in the first year.

Malaysia Airlines, which has about 1,500 pilots, 4,000 cabin crew, 3,000 aircraft technicians and 800 engineers, is looking to hire another 200 pilots and 450 cabin crew next year and the year after, said director of operations Mohamed Azharuddin Osman.

He said: 'We have a ready supply of co-pilots, cabin crew, aircraft engineers and technicians. However, it is getting quite challenging to recruit captains.'

On whether salaries are expected to increase as manpower demands intensify, the airlines contacted said they will continue to offer staff competitive packages.

In the end though, it is not just about the money, said Captain Azharuddin: 'While salaries are important, employees are now looking at a holistic package which includes the working environment and the country where the airline is based.'

[email protected]

Vacancies to fill

PHILIPPINE AIRLINES: As many as 25 pilots have joined other carriers.

EMIRATES: Plans to hire more than 700 first officers and an unspecified number of aircraft engineers in the next 18 months.

CATHAY PACIFIC: No problem recruiting pilots, but cites a shortage of engineers.

JETSTAR: Has more than 80 new pilot vacancies to fill.

MALAYSIA AIRLINES: Looking to hire another 200 pilots and 450 cabin crew next year and the year after.

Copyright © 2007 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved. Privacy Statement & Condition of Access

drareg
19th Aug 2010, 13:19
how true is this report and how much can we believe what is reported..

only time will tell ..:yuk:

Sunstar320
20th Aug 2010, 05:55
CEO share sell off. Who would have bloody guessed.

Poor folks in Adelaide. Screwed again :D

crisp2
20th Aug 2010, 09:20
How peculiar the CEO (and other shareholders) would offload a big amount of shares just after a string of good news (+4 aircraft in Singapore announced on 6th Aug, JV with Thai...) and just before the sh... hits the fan! The pilot exodus was known to them, (3 month notice period!) and most haven't left yet. It may or may not be insider's trading, but what does it say about Tiger's future?

Pullstandard
23rd Aug 2010, 05:31
yep and now thai airways are reconsidering what they had just done....:ugh:

Redsteel
23rd Aug 2010, 14:07
Anyone have any ideas of what the requirements to apply for tiger air are?

Tiburon peligroso
23rd Aug 2010, 14:33
Shortage of pilots? Don't think so! Tiger will have 100's of hopefull's bashing down the doors.

The cycle will continue for many years to come.

Tiger will simple contract a few TRI's and TRE's on the "big bucks" to keep the training and checking steady. All while the rest of the rank and file are being screwed!

Tiger are smart, as are all the carriers these days. You will all feed off other peoples misery in the end. Sad but true.

The industry is sick and the pilots working for such carriers are only trying to survive.
Good luck.

TIMA9X
24th Aug 2010, 10:15
How peculiar the CEO (and other shareholders) would offload a big amount of shares just after a string of good news (+4 aircraft in Singapore announced on 6th Aug, JV with Thai...) and just before the sh... hits the fan! The pilot exodus was known to them, (3 month notice period!) and most haven't left yet. It may or may not be insider's trading, but what does it say about Tiger's future?Then this little Gem pops up today in the Australian pressJet's flapping wing forced down passenger flight

which was well kept quiet! Got to giggle about the headline...the way it is written
Discount airline Tiger scraps routes, and 'breached' safety rules

TIGER Airways is in trouble, announcing it is scrapping its underperforming Queensland to Adelaide flight routes on the same day it was revealed it "breached" air safety rules over a flapping wing. A Tiger passenger jet flew for eight months with a faulty wing before the problem was fixed and reported to investigators, an air safety report reveals,
Australian Transport Safety Bureau investigators say in the report that the problem should have been reported eight months earlier when it was experienced by another pilot, forcing him to turn back and land.

In both instances the shaking disappeared when the jet was landing.

Investigators found that Tiger Airways, the operator of the aircraft, failed to comply with the Transport Safety Investigation Act by not reporting the earlier incident.

Read more: Discount airline Tiger scraps routes, and 'breached' safety rules | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/travel/discount-airline-tiger-scraps-routes-and-breached-safety-rules/story-e6frfq7r-1225909533213#ixzz0xW7Zi6xJ)

Tiger tweaks incident reporting procedures after A320 aileron fault (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/08/24/346484/tiger-tweaks-incident-reporting-procedures-after-a320-aileron.html)
The aircraft's co-pilot, who looked out of the cockpit window, reported that "the left aileron was moving up and down continuously, and that the left wing was moving up and down through about 1m", says the ATSB report.
The flight crew then decided to divert the aircraft to Gold Coast.

thornycactus
24th Aug 2010, 16:26
The aircraft's co-pilot, who looked out of the cockpit window, reported that "the left aileron was moving up and down continuously, and that the left wing was moving up and down through about 1m", says the ATSB report.
In order for the co-pilot to look at the left aileron, isn't he must be seating on the left hand seat? Gee...I didn't know that the co-pilot can fly on the left hand seat!

Or may be, the co-pilot viewed from the passenger cabin's window.

TIMA9X
25th Aug 2010, 01:23
Or may be, the co-pilot viewed from the passenger cabin's window
LoL Or puts a whole new meaning to "crosschecking" :)

hongkongfooey
25th Aug 2010, 01:23
Or maybe the copilot and captain are gay, and the copilot was sitting on the captains lap..............................not that there is anything wrong with that :E

Pullstandard
25th Aug 2010, 03:01
what makes you think it could have been two males piloting the a/c? it could be either the captain and fo are girls, or both! :eek:

chairwrecker
25th Aug 2010, 03:53
and here comes news from philippines

Cebu Pacific, SEAir unfurl fleet expansion (http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/business-columns/24338-cebu-pacific-seair-unfurl-fleet-expansion/)

Another budget carrier, Southeast Asian Airlines (SEAIR) is also set to acquire two Airbus A320 to expand its capacity, allowing it to fly to regional destinations.

Carmelo Arcilla, executive director of Civil Aeronautics Board said the board approved the Seair’s lease of two Airbus A320 from Tiger Airways.

“In 2008 we already approved the lease of two Airbus from Tiger Airways but because of the global slump the program was shelved. They’re reviving it now because the market is growing and many of our airlines are looking at expanding,” Arcilla said."

News was also confirmed from SG side, but i have no link. i thought Tiger have no spare aircraft. i wonder which aircraft will they lease out? also why team up with Seair (a small niche carrier in phils)?

Do-27
25th Aug 2010, 11:46
Hi to all!:)

Today i received an offer from Tigerrrrr :ooh:..... i am f/o looking for an upgrade :O..... the chief pilot told me if i ve the requirments i will have the chance after they s my performance......

In ur opinion......any chances?¿:rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!:ok:

airborneA320
26th Aug 2010, 13:08
-Given Indonesia's shocking safety record (mostly due pilot error) one must think how much of a risk these tight-asses running the show at Tiger are taking..... I would hate to be a passenger with an Indonesian Captain and a 250 hour cadet. Sorry-

Sounds like a racist you are mrsheffield mate. There's no need to take it personally against Indonesian pilot. Yes they had major accidents in past years, but you also find exactly the same human-error caused accidents in other countries. Should the rest of asian countries say that caucasian pilots are cowboys, dangerous drivers <which is a true fact> !!

Everyone has to start from 250 hrs in their career. I could see perhaps you started yours in jungle, thus show your reasoning skill. Pathetic !!!

Immigrant
26th Aug 2010, 17:46
Just wondering…what happened with all suitable F/S’s ahead of you…who already inside ??? :confused:

Or you have something special that you can step over them?? :rolleyes:

manflex69
31st Aug 2010, 04:11
To All...

Just opened my PPrune and find the best comments I've ever knew.

@ MrSheffield........thanks for your opinion about the Indonesian Pilots.
It's true that we're lack of experience for flying outside Indonesia.
It's true that some of accident happened in our country.
But you've to know, ALL PILOTS in the world don't want to get accident or incident
NO BODY wants an accident or an incident.
We can learn something from their "story". And we don't do the same mistakes.

@skycaptain 660 and airboneA320...........thank you for your support and your "fair" comments. We're really appreciated. We're gone proofed to MrSheffield, we're not A MONKEY. We're know how to read and understand the SOP, and fly the AIRBUS in a proper way .

And don't you ever forget MrSheffield,......IF you've got thousand hours now, IT WAS started from 250 hours olso. Just remember when your started with the airlines carrier.:)

Manflex 69

unclemoj
31st Aug 2010, 08:35
hey anyone knows how much the industry average pay is? How much is Tiger paying their pilots?

John Citizen
31st Aug 2010, 13:12
IF you've got thousand hours now, IT WAS started from 250 hours olso. Just remember when your started with the airlines carrier

Started from 250 hours in a Cessna, the appropriate place to learn, not in an Airliner.

Had well over 5000 hours by the time I got into an Airliner.

airborneA320
31st Aug 2010, 13:52
wats wrong with a low-timer flying jet in an airline ? yes you flew in c172 back in ur time til u get 5000 hrs, as jet opportunity might be scarce back then.

put aside envy emotion to these new comers, there are some good one low-timers where others might need more time to catch up. anyway, any cadetship programme in a legacy airlines also put their low-timers pilot into jet straight away once they finish off their basic and jet training. that's the normal stuff nowadays mate ... accept it !!

CubaLibre
1st Sep 2010, 07:56
Started from 250 hours in a Cessna, the appropriate place to learn, not in an Airliner.

While I agree with the above wholeheartedly, in this day, age and economic imperative, it wil happen less and less.

Anyone who has operated with Indonesian pilots, into Indonesian airports with the weather, and the facilities they have to deal with, not to mention the increasing crowded skies, will see them as professionals doing their best.

It is the responsibilty of the airline they work for to see that they are trained to a sufficient standard.

Now back to the topic.

drareg
1st Sep 2010, 13:44
How much is Tiger paying their pilots?

Do a search at Tiger Airways website.

They got a breakdown of how much they are paying their pilots. Hope that helps. :ok:

scubawasp
3rd Sep 2010, 04:58
...and they have increased their requirements for upgrade!

flightsafety737
4th Sep 2010, 17:31
Que Pasa Cabron Manflex69..
I agree with your opinion my friend..let's take a look back for awhile..
maybe MrSheffield was so jeolous with Indonesian pilot cause they can jump on into Jet aircraft with only 250 hrs flying time or maybe he still didn't get any job till now or no company will hire him as a pilot cause of his biggga mouth in his face..
@MrSheffield ..: I've come from 250hrs student pilot in Texas.USA,jump into Copilot Boeing 737-200 and i'm proud that i've passed my interview with Air Hongkong,I was accepted into Flysama(which i didn't take it) and last time on 2007,i was accepted with Qatar Airways as Copilot Airbus 330(which i didn't take it...again)..did you happy now biatchhh !!!:mad::mad::mad:

etops777
4th Sep 2010, 18:12
I came from a background of general aviation. I started on the ATR 72 at around 500 hours and then was an FO on A320 at about 800 hours. Flew ATR to 747-400 and now a Capt. on B777 for a major Airlines based in the middle east.

It"s not quantity but quality of the time and training.

Sunstar320
5th Sep 2010, 11:47
I see Tiger is going on a few hiring roadshows soon, Malaysia etc...

flyingsolo
6th Sep 2010, 14:14
How many layover does Tiger have in a month and how stable is the roster.

Thanks

420 HB
7th Sep 2010, 16:22
I see that the new application form is for the A320 type rated pilots only, is there another form for the self sponsored experienced multi crew. The link for terms and conditions outlines the self sponsored type rating costs but no indication of how to apply. Any Tiger crew out there with info?

wheels_down
7th Sep 2010, 22:45
why is 9V-TAN back in France 6 months after it arrived? Is it damaged..?

rit
9th Sep 2010, 17:11
AirAsia has all kind of people flying for them. They never have shortage of manpower. They train people from 250 flying hours right from the beginning

I think this is incorrect info with Airasia

420 HB
9th Sep 2010, 23:22
further to my earlier posting. Are there any Tiger crew that can shed some light on your crewing requirements. Experienced FO flying in Europe wanting to move onto the airbus. PM me please.

wheels_down
28th Sep 2010, 11:12
so the 05' deal is back on the table, what a joke.....

np727f
30th Sep 2010, 19:33
The A330 rumour is doing the rounds again, I have heard it from a few semi-sensible mouths in recent weeks. Even heard the CEO has a 330 on his desk painted in Tiger colors!

It would make sense, the SQ 330s that Airbus lent them will be free soon as the 787 hits town. Also Airasia X and J* have proven there are big profits in low cost long haul.

Get the Samsonite’s dusted off, I can feel a Toulouse type rating coming on, however knowing Tiger it will be a 1 day CCQ in Borat's motherland.:\

Does anyone know anything? I wonder if it will be seniority based, or maybe a lower package then the 320 like J* is trying to pull off?:ugh:

JMEN
1st Oct 2010, 03:39
Interesting reading! Very good coin, must make the lads there feel special.

We are currently recruiting for 7 months contract with our client based in Singapore.

The conditions and requirement are as follows:

Requirements:
Pilot ME 3000 hours
PIC on A320 1000 hours
Last flight within the last 11 months
HPL (Human Performance and Limitations ) course and exam completed
LPC/ OPC checks (2 SIM checks) completed in the last 12 months
Roster pattern and schedule:
Not a fixed pattern, minimum of 8 days off in every 28 rostered days
90 scheduled block hours per month

Other:
Accommodation allowance of S$3000 per month payable
Flights provided at the beginning and the end of the contract

Fee:
S$ 9000 in the 1st month paid via Ltd Company whilst converting your license to Singapore ATPL
S$ 18000 thereafter per month paid via Ltd Company
Overtime is payable over 90 scheduled block hours at S$200 per scheduled block hour
SIM and Interview:
SIM and interview will take place in BATC Cranebank London on 28, 29 & 30 Sep, 1 & 2 Oct

If you are interested in applying please email us at [email protected] < mailto:[email protected]> or call member of our team on 0044 1483 748252
We look forward to your feedback.

Kind regards

Flightcrew team
Morson Wynnwith Ltd
Surrey
GU21 6DJ
T: +44 (0) 1483 748 252
F: +44 (0) 1483 748 219
E: [email protected] < mailto:[email protected]>
W: Technical Recruitment | Wynnwith Group Limited - Recruitment Solutions (http://www.wynnwith.com) http://www.wynnwith.com/>

cruisercruiser
1st Oct 2010, 04:10
Hi,

I've heard "rumours" that Tiger is in some kind of trouble with CAAS with their recently recruited pilots from around the region. Apparently, their standards were found wanting. As a result Tiger has delayed line training for the 200-hour pilots they took in a few months back. Also they will not be taking in anymore 200-hour pilot for the rest of the year?

Can anyone confirm this? I'm a fresh 200-hour pilot and would like to apply for Tiger. No news from them so far.

johnlenon
1st Oct 2010, 06:52
HELLO NP727F

TIGER HAS CONFIRMED 20 A330, 20 A350 AND 30 A380 FOR DELIVERY BY END OF THIS YEAR.

THEY ARE GOING TO PARK ALL THESE AIRCRAFTS AT THE 10 PARKING SPACE LOW COST TERMINAL.

AND THEY ARE GOING TO CREW THE AIRCRAFTS WITH THEIR DAILY DECLINING PILOTS NUMBER.

TIGER IS PAYING PEANUTS FOR THE PILOTS FLYING A380s AND BANANAS FOR THOSE FLYING A350s AND A330s.

AND,AS THEY WISH.THEY WILL CUT YOUR SALARY AS AND WHEN THEY LIKE SO AS TO INCREASE THEIR PERSONAL BONUSES.

YES! CEO AND MD ALSO MET WITH BOEING SALESMAN TO BUY 78 B787s TO RACE WITH SIA FOR THE MARKET.

HOW IS THAT FOR YOU np727f?

Capt.Bee
1st Oct 2010, 08:39
Some of you guys are pathetic! There are kids relying on the feedback from these threads! Can you be a bit more professional and responsible plz! Thk you!

bananaman2
1st Oct 2010, 10:42
cruisecruiser... I heard that too. I here that any job offer will only stand if CAAS will grant you a Singaporean licence and CAAS have stoppped giving them out to 200hr non CAAS Integrated people or forced Tiger to increase their requirements (whilst 1500hrs has always been the official requirement, I know of many who got in with a lot less - as low as 200 as you say).

Besides... online application says something to the effect that, 'don't expect to receive a reply if continuing with the online application whilst not meeting the hours requirements'.

crisp2
1st Oct 2010, 13:53
The pilot shortage is definitely under control, with 15 departures out of 33 cancelled today... go Tiger! :E

Johnlenon forgot to mention oversized ops and training departments busy preparing for the new fleets, regulatory approvals received yesterday...

Cruisecruiser : get real!

Passenger Departures - Changi Airport (http://www.changiairport.com/flight-info/flight-status/passenger-departures)

cruisercruiser
1st Oct 2010, 16:04
I know of three 200-hour pilots who got into Tiger. As real as it gets bro!

johnlenon
1st Oct 2010, 16:05
crisp,

DONT WORRY.TIGER CEO AND MD CHALLANGED THE PILOTS TO LEAVE THE AIRLINES WHEN THEIR PILOTS PLEAD TO THEM NOT TO CUT THEIR SALARY FEW MONTHS BACK.:ugh:

TODAY,HALF OF THE PILOTS ARE GONE/LEAVING AND NUMBER IS STILL COUNTING.:{

NOW TIGER IS OFFERING GROSS S$23000 PLUS FREE RETURN AIR TICKETS FOR CONTRACT PILOTS/OUTSIDERS TO CREW THEIR AIRCRAFTS BUT THOSE LOYAL PILOTS WHO HAVE STAYED WITH THE AIRLINES ARE BEING SCREWED FOR GETTING ABOUT S$5000 LESS THAN THE CONTRACTORS.:ooh:

THOSE PILOTS WHO HAVE STAYED SHOULD ALL RESIGN AND RE-JOIN TIGER AS CONTRACT PILOT FOR EQUAL SALARY. :ok:

ALSO,THINK ABOUT THE SAFETY ISSUE IN THESE OPERATING ENVIROMENT.WOULD YOU PUT YOUR FAMILY ON THEIR AIRCRAFT? :=

THINK IS TIME FOR CAAS TO LOOK INTO TIGER'S OPERATIONS.:eek:

Shaker One
1st Oct 2010, 16:16
So let's get this right. Parc and Wynnwith unknowns on up to $23000 a month. Original contract guys, some of whom have given the company five years of service on about $18000 max, new contracts with the long term incentive and the poor (literally) folks from Indonesia on US$3500 ... and now Tiger are re-hiring those who've already resigned on Parc like salaries without paying the Parc like fees for doing so.

15 or 16 cancellations today due lack of Captains and they still only offer 1.5 times the flight pay to show up on a day off. Channel News Asia 'cancellations due aircraft u/s' is not even funny.

crisp2
1st Oct 2010, 16:46
cruisercruiser : good luck with the job search, I don't know their current requirement, but there certainely has been low hours guys previously.
However, the training department (what's left of it) is a tiny bit overstreched at the moment to consider ab-initio; they want guy ready to hit the road so to speak.
I meant get real, they are not in a position to take new aircraft types even if they wanted to!
(just realised you didn't write about the new aeroplanes, I was refering tonp727f's post)

Johnlenon : I am not worried... I am gone! :O:):p;)

bananaman2
1st Oct 2010, 16:59
cruisecruiser... bear in mind all the 200hr guys who I know who got in were introduced by CTC or travelled out to Singapore speculatively and turned up on the doorstep - I don't know of anyone who's been lucky applying through the web (with 200hrs) - perhaps you do.

at the moment it appears Tiger has more pressing needs for Captains or those with hours on Type that will make them eligible for Command fairly soon hence... cancellation of flights alluded to. But I'm as interested as you as to the prospects for potential employment - perhaps approaching them over the next few months is not the time.

Will be interesting to know when things start to improve.

johnlenon
1st Oct 2010, 17:58
Crisp,as We Speak,a Brand New Aircraft Is Being Flown On The Way To Singapore Scheduled To Arrive Here In A Few Days.

Guess They Will Park The Shining Bird Against The Fence (no Crew)

SHAKER ONE:YES! The Old Loyal Instructors At Tiger With Lesser Pay/assume More Experience Will Be Training The Contractors With Higher Pay...welcome To Tiger Airways!

Dani
1st Oct 2010, 18:53
To put a few things straight:

Most of the pilots that left were not leaving because they had enough of Tiger - or not only because of that. It was the moment where they got their long awaited bonuses (for the IPO), so basically everyone waited until he got his bonus, then quit. Unfortunately, that was exactly the time when the industry went on a rise again.

Those 200hrsish pilots where not the worst ones. Tiger took plenty of well trained SIA cadets and had some young cadets already before. CAAS's
problem was that some pilots came from an region with slightly lower aviation standards.

There have always been pilots on different contracts in Tiger, as long as Tiger existed. That's no difference to SIA, SIA Cargo, or any other Asian carrier, or maybe industry-wide.

Contract pilots might get slightly better T&Cs, but on the other hand, they are the first to leave, or sometimes given the choice to reaply under normal "local" conditions.

I'm pretty sure, that Tiger is getting pilots they deserve and that they are making their way back on track again.

Cheers,
Dani
(former Tiger capt)

slatch
1st Oct 2010, 21:34
Like Crisp2 pointed out. Tiger's performance lately has been getting worse. Almost everyone I know in Asia and Aus don't fly Tiger any more because you can not depend on them. If they keep this up they won't need any pilots because they wont have any passengers.

Friday October 1, 2010 Changi departures:

total: 33
cancelled 15
over 4 hrs late: 2
over 3 hrs late: 1
over 2 hrs late: 2
over 1 hr late: 3
over 15 min late: 5

That makes 5 out of 33 that departed close to on time.

Sunstar320
1st Oct 2010, 21:53
and here she is.....turrrrrrrrrrbotiger :}

http://img1.pictaero.com/2010/09/09/s/98185.jpg

krismiler
2nd Oct 2010, 02:08
Contract pilots might get slightly better T&Cs

Try 33% better. But then again they are on a fixed term contract and don't get pension or loss of licence insurance. Unlike the present pilots ???? Who are on a fixed term contract and don't get pension or loss of licence insurance either. :confused:

they are the first to leave, or sometimes given the choice to reaply under normal "local" conditions.

So what happens in six months time when these guys contracts are up and they either move on to better opportunities in the region or refuse to extend under "local" conditions, but are willing to continue on "contract rates"

Replace them with more "contract" pilots ?:confused:

One possible option would be to offer attractive terms and conditions to current employees, make them want to stay. And they would have little trouble with future recruitment as a holding pool would develop.:hmm:

Dani
2nd Oct 2010, 07:59
33%, but they don't get a bonus - if there will be one. And the last one was big enough.

You are correct that there is no LOL or any other insurances, there is a pension plan if you are permanent resident (which you are free to apply after a certain time, I don't remember how long).

I just know that in the beginning, every single contract pilot changed to local contract - I don't remember anyone who left at all. There might be better offers in the regions, but most of the offers are worse.

Dani
(I wonder why I don't reapply...)

krismiler
2nd Oct 2010, 12:12
The IPO bonus was a one off and had been dangled in front of everyone as a means of keeping the terms and conditions down. Now a skipper who stays three years gets S$30 000 or profit share (max of about S$4500/year IF targets are met).

Pension plan - Central Provident Fund requires:
1. Six to eighteen months on an employment pass before you can apply with any chance of permanent residence being granted.
2. Six to twelve month wait for an answer, and they are being a lot more selective these days.
3. Two years on reduced contributions before the company pays the full amount of S$650/month. You will be paying S$900 as well.

After a few months experience in the region and having made a few contacts, these contract pilots will be well placed to move on if Tiger try to negotiate downwards when renewal time comes around.

Tiger need to attract and retain a stable workforce if they are to achieve their expansion plans

Oldaircrew
2nd Oct 2010, 12:22
Dani, you are out of touch with regards to the situation at Tiger. I suggest that you stop posting. The bonus last year was 750SGD. The IPO was a one off as Krismiler says. Tiger will not get pilots due to the way that they treat their staff. They will not be back on track anytime soon either.

Michi
2nd Oct 2010, 17:24
I have been interested in applying until I had a closer look at the terms; if you don't have a CAAS licence ( which most of us don't) you'll have to sign a bond of S$ 25.000,-!!!! Is there no possibility to fly with a validation like in many other countries, based on (in my case) a JAA ATPL? I also understand it is quite an extensive process to convert..... Anyone with more details about this?

Many thanks
M.

Meccano
2nd Oct 2010, 18:06
Michi, the CAAS will throw obstacle after obstacle in your path. No, you won't get a validation. You must apply for a conversion. In JAR Land your PC/IR is valid for 12 months, but the CAAS consider it expired after 6 months.
No 6 month PC? - bog off then.
You'll be asked to provide the infamous PC Report too - if you can obtain it.
If not, bog off.

Singapore needs pilots, but is playing silly games. This goes on in many areas of business there. Maersk just announced they are pulling their shipping business and placing it with Malaysian ports instead. Same reason - finally tired of their BS. Too expensive anyhow.

Singaporeans are a;holes to deal with.
Good luck.

etops777
2nd Oct 2010, 20:35
Singaporeans are a;holes to deal with.
Good luck.

You are a true professional!:ok:

If you are so proud of yourself then why you need to seek employment else where? Just stay where you belong and don't even bother to work anywhere else on this planet:yuk:

I am not from the lion city but with your remark, you are 1 big racists and I am glad Singapore as a country got rid of you! and please, don't make a bad name for your fellow country man.:=

cruisercruiser
3rd Oct 2010, 03:47
Thanks Banana and Crisps. Met up with a friend from Tiger and was told it's bleak for 200-hour freshies...

hongkongfooey
3rd Oct 2010, 04:12
Tiger, where do I sign !! :ok:

Singaporeans are a;holes to deal with

100% agree, and that's from personal experience. It's Ok to screw with people and their lives/careers but when you complain about it, and because you are a different race, their only pathetic answer is " racist "

NavySealPA
3rd Oct 2010, 12:37
Only because comment like this deserve nothing less than the word Racist with a captial R.:yuk
Singapore might need pilots,but what makes u think they need pilots like u?:=
As for being a as;hole,it takes a bigger one to know a smaller one.:D

dadof6
3rd Oct 2010, 12:38
Am considering leaving a legacy carrier in North America to come to Tiger. After reading the posts here I am not sure I can even consider the interview!

Someone from Tiger care to PM me or even reply here why I should. Have seen lots of posts why I shouldn't.

Thanks

hongkongfooey
3rd Oct 2010, 14:04
Only because comment like this deserve nothing less than the word Racist with a captial R.:yuk
Singapore might need pilots,but what makes u think they need pilots like u?:=
As for being a as;hole,it takes a bigger one to know a smaller one

Let me guess, level 3 ICAO
I coodent aford the pay cut :}

Meccano
3rd Oct 2010, 14:21
Kiddo - been there, done that. Got the T-Shirt, and moved on.
And as to racism....dont make me laugh you hypocrite.
Singapore makes no secret of it - its stated policy! Right on this thread! Duh.

etops777
3rd Oct 2010, 14:40
Kiddo - been there, done that. Got the T-Shirt, and moved on.

Let me try to read between the lines here!

It sounded like you've come to Asia and build the required hours and experience in order to qualify for another Airlines that needed more experience for a MORON like yourself! At the same time making a real living and not making peanut wages back home!

Hypocrite?! No need for a pissing contest with someone that doesn't appreciate the people whom gave you the required experience to be more marketable. With equal opportunity issue? Do you think your country will allow anyone without the right of abode to be flying in your country let along DEC! C'mon grow up you little MORON! feel sorry that you were not taught correctly but you still have time to "Learn" and "Grow up" :)

Meccano
3rd Oct 2010, 14:48
Eh kiddo, you're making rather a large set of assumptions, and my advice to you is calm yourself down before you burst a blood vessel. Your kiasu mentality is out of control.

Never mind. Living in a dictatorship does funny things to people.

PS I just did some research on you (not finished yet) but already it appears you make a habit of 'analysing' the backgrounds of anyone who pisses you off a bit. Like this:

hongkongfooey
.....if job and pay was so good in your country, why did you leave in the first place? let me guess, is it you were furloughed? or trying to get some jet experience? maybe pay increase or trying to escape from the tax authority? i think too much to list.
make the best of it while you are working and it is a blessing in disguise because without these so-called 3rd world airlines, you probably would not have the jet time or a big salary increase, etc...JUST BE GRATEFULYet more hypocrisy, from a guy who's an emigrant himself.
Seem's you've moved from one dictatorship to another looking for work and brought your lickspittal mentality with you. Why didn't you take your own advice and stay where you belong, back in Singapore? Or do all foreign jobs belong to you alone?

Furthermore, for a "777 Captain" your english is abysmal. Is it ICAO Level 6?
The CAAS probably wouldn't let them hire you in Singapore! Hence its the desert for you my lad. Enjoy...

Michi
3rd Oct 2010, 17:06
Could someone provide more details about the licence conversion in Singapore?

Thank you
M.

etops777
3rd Oct 2010, 18:30
meccano

you are making my days!

you bet I am an icao level 6 and probably can speak more languages then you can!

Who is making an assumptions here? OMG:= I am not even from Singapore! What you need is to face the reality! a good, hard reality check! Since you can understand my writing and have a full comprehension of it then my writing isn't that bad at all!!!!!!:ok:

you have no clue as to where i am from! gosh, if you would just put an effort on improving your knowledge then you wouldn't even get tossed around in singapore!

sad but true, i suggest you spend more time looking for another job and improve your skills in reading. 1 more minutes here in this forum I believe you will have an heart attack.

etops777
3rd Oct 2010, 18:38
meccano

Furthermore, for a "777 Captain" your english is abysmal. Is it ICAO Level 6?
The CAAS probably wouldn't let them hire you in Singapore! Hence its the desert for you my lad. Enjoy...

I never had any intention nor a desire to fly for SQ or any other Airlines there in SIN!

Thank you for your critism on my english skills! a chap with poor language skills and still can fly as 777 captain, then I am doing pretty good!

kid, you should be ashamed of yourself...of course I will enjoy every minutes of my job while you can sit here write all you want!:D

what a loser in my book!

Michi
3rd Oct 2010, 19:10
Maybe there should be a separate forum where everybody can smash each others head in and throw mud at one and other, for it would be nice to keep the fora useful......

NavySealPA
4th Oct 2010, 03:53
Did you happened to get kick real hard and sore up the As*s in SIN, that's why I am reading (the comments) what I am reading now. Nothing shameful about that, since you are not the first ad surely won't be the last in the great land of dictatorship rule by the great dictator.:ok:

I am loving it...:D

Meccano
4th Oct 2010, 07:34
etops777, there is only one language you need to speak, and that is ENGLISH, the Universal International Language of Civil Aviation.
Keep practicing. You'll get the hang of it. Just layoff the excessive abbreviation for starters, you're mangling your sentences.

Incidentally, for someone who strenuously denies being Singaporean, you sure are twitchy about criticism of their own blatantly racist attitudes. Curious!
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Do us all a favour and quit boring us with the amateur psychology and hypocritical equality waffle.
Go build a sandcastle.

faheel
4th Oct 2010, 10:45
I cannot believe all the spite and abusive posts from so called professional pilots here.:*

I am afraid I use the term professional very loosely !

How about you just get back to the thread and leave the pissing contest for the bar ?

NavySealPA
4th Oct 2010, 11:10
Mecanno, allowed me to make an assumption here. You must be a monoglot.I can't imagine how depressing it must be being a monolingual as 2 languages are always better than 1 to keep.
I don't see why the need for etops777 to keep practising when he can clearly get his message across to you and both seems to have great fun interacting.
One little suggestion, if etops777 does not meet your standard in speaking the so-called the Universal International Language in Aviation,why not start being an amateur in his many other languages which he is proficient in?
One is never too old for anything, so stop seeing GREEN ( although it's THE THING to be seen) --> Save the world...save yourself...

I am loving it :ok:

Meccano
4th Oct 2010, 16:59
Mecanno, allowed me to make an assumption here. You must be a monoglot.More assumptions. And in the wrong tense too, jeeeez.
This sounds rather familiar, heh....go on.....

I can't imagine how depressing it must be being a monolingual....Me either. Terrible!
....as 2 languages are always better than 1 to keep. To keep, eh.
Where do you keep them? In your garden shed.
Are you illiterate in more than one language? Spiffing!!

I don't see why the need for etops777 to keep practising when he can clearly get his message across to you and both seems to have great fun interacting. I'm good at interpreting Singlish. Its a skill not everyone posesses though.

One little suggestion, if etops777 does not meet your standard in speaking the so-called the Universal International Language in Aviation,why not start being an amateur in his many other languages which he is proficient in? I am! Singlish!!
Errr...by the way....how do you know how many languages he is 'proficient'in? Are you related? Personally acquainted? Very close, but only holding hands at this stage? Or are you doing rumpy pumpy on each other yet?

One is never too old for anything, so stop seeing GREEN ( although it's THE THING to be seen) --> Save the world...save yourself...Sorry, that one was untranslateable - even by me.

I am loving it http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifNew around here? Joined yesterday I see.
I note you have the grand total of three posts to your name. All in this thread.

Go by any other names? Eh?
Do you like amateur psychology?

I'm loving it more than you - er- two.:}
Tosseeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr

etops777
5th Oct 2010, 02:54
meccano,

what makes you think i am singaporean! how many times that i have to tell you that i am not from singapore! btw, what's wrong being from singapore?

let me see here, you've lost your job in your home country and singapore was generously enough to give you a job, so why can't yopu appreciate it? at least Singapore give you a chance to stay current and put the food on the table! nobody force you to sign the dotted line, isn't it! now, i know what will you say-i am from sin!

stop making fool out of yourself. do yourself a favor..

speaking about assumptions! geeeeez! guessed that 1 min of time here talking to a biggot like you is a waste of time!:ugh:

for someone that failed in real life there is nothing to be ashamed of but failed to recognized and learned from it then it's called "embarassement".

etops777
5th Oct 2010, 03:00
etops777, there is only one language you need to speak, and that is ENGLISH, the Universal International Language of Civil Aviation.
Keep practicing. You'll get the hang of it. Just layoff the excessive abbreviation for starters, you're mangling your sentences.

meccano

thank you very much for your encouragement! for someone you claimed cannot speak a word of perfect english but in REAL life OUTPERFORMED YOU, you should be ashamed of yourself. Rather spending your energy here, suggest you go and get a real job!

i can see why you were booted out of Sin! to be honest with you, for a person like you, you will not survived in any of the asian airlines!

nothing wrong with these airlines, it's you that's the problem. if you were employed by any of the US airlines, you must be "scab"! i can see you would desert your union brothers for your own gain! THIS IS YOUR PERSONALITY AND A LOSER THAT FAILED IN ANY CATEGORY:D

320busdriver
5th Oct 2010, 04:51
Etops and Meccano ENOUGH ALREADY shameful both of you call yourselves pilots so both of you have different opinions LIVE WITH IT.:ugh:

chairwrecker
5th Oct 2010, 06:00
thought i was enjoying the mudslinging in other threads but this one is just hilarious i am laughing my a** off!!!!

foairbus320
5th Oct 2010, 08:34
Any guys from Tiger that would be helpful enough PM me pls, have around 2400 on the bus. But not current..would like to know my chances of nailing the FO position..Thanks in advance.:ok:

Meccano
5th Oct 2010, 14:38
Etops and Meccano ENOUGH ALREADY shameful both of you call yourselves pilots so both of you have different opinions LIVE WITH IT.

What’s wrong friend? No sense of humour?
Haven't you copped yet that our little man here is just a fantasist?
Check his posting history - it's a real eye-opener.

Look, just change the channel if you don't like the program. I'll deal with this nutter. Off you go.

thank you very much for your encouragement! for someone you claimed cannot speak a word of perfect english but in REAL life OUTPERFORMED YOU, you should be ashamed of yourself. Rather spending your energy here, suggest you go and get a real job!
You are seriously delusional dude. Outperformed who where? You know nothing about me you silly boy.
Speaking of 'Outperformed' - maybe performance anxiety is your problem. Very Freudian, eh? You'll love that...being such a big fan of amateur psychology, as we know....:E

i can see why you were booted out of Sin! to be honest with you, for a person like you, you will not survived in any of the asian airlines!
Booted?? From where?? More delusional ranting. Show me any link or quote which backs you up. You don't KNOW me, or anything about me, but you want to THINK you do. The essence of self-delusion.
And your crap English is on display yet again.
You appear to have a low IQ.

nothing wrong with these airlines, it's you that's the problem. if you were employed by any of the US airlines, you must be "scab"! i can see you would desert your union brothers for your own gain! THIS IS YOUR PERSONALITY AND A LOSER THAT FAILED IN ANY CATEGORY
Boy, hehe, the hysteria is building. LMFAO.
I can almost hear your shrill little screams from here, and those tiny heels, drumming on the floor....

what makes you think i am singaporean! how many times that i have to tell you that i am not from singapore!
Ohhhh, just something about your insane hysterics? Your lack of English? Your delusions of grandeur? Your failure to convince? Your general arrogance? Your defensiveness? Your hypocritical racism? All that stuff. Yeah.
Maybe you aren't though. Who cares? Not me!
You drew the battle lines, now live with them.

let me see here, you've lost your job in your home country and singapore was generously enough to give you a job, so why can't yopu appreciate it? at least Singapore give you a chance to stay current and put the food on the table! nobody force you to sign the dotted line, isn't it! now, i know what will you say-i am from sin!

*Sigh* Yet more waffle. Do you ever give up? You're making this all up as you go along. Do you realise how insane that makes you sound? Do you realise that (even in the Sandpit) they don't hire insane people to fly aeroplanes [I hope!]? You are digging a deeper hole for yourself by the minute.

speaking about assumptions! geeeeez! guessed that 1 min of time here talking to a biggot like you is a waste of time!
Bigot is spelt with one 'g'.
English!!

for someone that failed in real life there is nothing to be ashamed of but failed to recognized and learned from it then its called "embarassement".
You've made the word 'recognise' into past tense again when it should be present tense here. In fact, the whole sentence doesn't scan. Putting 'failed' with 'to recognised' in this sentence is an elementary double error of tensing. It's quite a common phenomenon in Singlish, and many regional Chinese English speakers with only a rudimentary or slang ridden grasp of the English language.

Look, I'll help you out here - this is how you should write it.

"For someone to fail in life is nothing to be ashamed of, (comma!) but failure to recognise, (comma!) and learn from the failure, (comma!) is an embarrassment".
[hmmm...only if you say so....:rolleyes:]

Note - there is no second 'e' in embarrassment. Spelling!! Tsk Tsk.
I've cleaned up the syntax as well to try make it scan properly. Although it’s still a poor conjugation. You really should consider replacing the comma with a full stop and making it two separate sentences.

Final point – remember to use a Capital ‘S’ when you write Singapore. Spelling it with a lower case ‘s’ could be considered as a veiled insult to the nation.

By the way, aren't you embarrassed at your failure to recognise your poor grasp of English? Take your own advice and learn to try harder in future.

Say Hi to your BFF NavySeal when you see him!

Pilot_Recruit
5th Oct 2010, 15:01
You guys realize there is only one way to settle this - who can hold their breath longer under water!

Meccano
5th Oct 2010, 15:07
He'd win. He's so full of hot air.
Yukyukyuk...