PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Question Bank on the I phone

rhythm08
12th Jul 2010, 08:54
Hi

Is anybody using their web site on the Iphone? They advertise that you can use the I phone to access the question bank. However when I go to log on it asks me to install a Flash player, which you can't do on the I phone.

Any help please.

Jay

sion22
12th Jul 2010, 09:01
I've used CATS online on the iphone over a year ago with no problems whatsoever

but.... I dont think you can get there question bank as a standalone???

if you can though its a good system and works fine

PintofT
12th Jul 2010, 09:07
I spoke to one of the guys at ATPL Online last week to get my account going again after a break. The old site for the QB is being shut down at the end of this month.

The new site ( ATPL Online - The ATPL Multiple Choice Question Database (http://www.atplonline.gs/) ) doesn't use flash so you'll be able to access it from the iPhone. There are a few other improvements to the site which I've found useful....

All the best!

Need money
12th Jul 2010, 09:14
When I was at Bristol, someone showed me an App they downloaded for the iphone - which for much the same price as the Bristol web based access, you can download the "APPS" to keep (and no data costs)....questions were identical.

Can't remember the name "Red (something)" springs to mind, one app per subject at about £7.50 I think per subject....

Edit with link (and I got the name wrong) - I think this was it :

The Great Circle: ATPL iPhone Apps (http://www.thegreatcircle.co.uk/iphoneapps/atplebooks/index.html)

rhythm08
13th Jul 2010, 08:36
Hi Guys

Thanks for the links I got it working :)

chignole
14th Jul 2010, 11:33
Hi
I invite you to try the easy-atpl mobile version (add « /m » to website address).
Unfortunately, it’s not a stand-alone application (you have to be connected).
I’m still very surprise that our best-known national website for ATPL isn’t more used out of our boundary. Compare to others, the database is always up-to-date; you have comments from users, explanations and formulas, for half of the price.
I’m currently in modular ATPL in France, and most of the students use easy-atpl.
I hope that this information will be helpful to you.
fly safe