PDA

View Full Version : C130 escapes the Hat Police for a bit...

StopStart
12th Jul 2010, 05:19
Good to see one of our mustachioed heroes fighting the good fight on the BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/10589753.stm) :)
http://www.supermariogames.biz/pics/mario-10032008.jpg

Blighter Pilot
12th Jul 2010, 05:50
Good report - well done guys:ok:

juliet
12th Jul 2010, 07:59
Good PR, but what is poor old Uncle Al doing out there!

Tashengurt
12th Jul 2010, 08:01
I loved the line "but the pallets must be loaded with precision with the parachutes on top."

WhoAreYa
12th Jul 2010, 11:00
Good stuff, nice to see some familiar faces still going.

TBM-Legend
12th Jul 2010, 14:09
When it nears the drop zone, the Hercules banks sharply upwards to allow gravity to help shift the heavy load.

how do you do this?

Shack37
12th Jul 2010, 14:30
When it nears the drop zone, the Hercules banks sharply upwards to allow gravity to help shift the heavy load.

how do you do this?

Now you're being facetious (and showing off a tad):=

Trumpet_trousers
12th Jul 2010, 14:47
Blimey, that 'tache has greyed a bit since McChord '94, "Uncle Al!" :ok:

flipster
12th Jul 2010, 20:20
TT

Blimey, that 'tache has greyed a bit since McChord '94, "Uncle Al!"

'Uncle Al' indeed (cough, splutter)!!! I would have been throttled if I'd ever called him that!!#

But 'tis hard to forget that trip to the US though - you would be hard pressed to find a finer 'gentleman-flier' than Al, even if he had to put up with me as a dullard co! It is amazing to think that we got paid for having so much fun!

However, I agree that he is quite hard to recognise in the 'distinguished grooming-style' he currently sports! Must be some sort of special disguise?
Regs
flip

Al (if you lurk here),

It is good to know that you are still 'doing the biz' - well done to all - you and the rest of the crew (including your AD/GE/whomever).

Tankertrashnav
12th Jul 2010, 21:51
Caroline Wyatt - the discerning man's Kate Adie ;)

TacLan
12th Jul 2010, 21:55
TTN

Spot on....she may sound and look strange, but she gets the story right

WhoAreYa
13th Jul 2010, 04:06
Certainly was a good trip Flip, well appart from my sinus issues at the time. Maybe its the passage of time clouding my memory but we certainly seemed to get a lot of good trips back in those days.
Do you remember the presentation evening and the little suprize for a certain WgCmd?

FlapJackMuncher
13th Jul 2010, 05:09
My father's National Service included him calculating parachute sizes etc for air-drops.
He was due to go / just finished his degree in statistical mathematics at the time so i assume his skills were recognised and put to the test.