PDA

View Full Version : Nick Walsh

scampton
11th Jul 2010, 10:02
Chaps,

For all who know Nick (56/74 Phantom, F/A18 Williamtown and 29 Tornado); he is very seriously ill in hospital and is not expected to survive the next few days. I will post details of funeral etc once confirmed.

AYTCH
11th Jul 2010, 12:07
Bloody Hell...not nice news. What has happened or are you not at privelige to say? (knew him from 'Tooms and was on 29 with him!)

Sadbloke
11th Jul 2010, 17:23
Top fellah. Will be at funeral

Lima Juliet
11th Jul 2010, 17:29
Please pass on my very best to "Nick The Greek" (NTG). I'm very sad to hear this news :sad:

LJ

scampton
13th Jul 2010, 10:03
Chaps,

very sorry to inform you that Nick died last night (Monday) in hospital in Birmingham. Details on funeral etc when known.

Craven Moorhed
13th Jul 2010, 15:29
RIP NTG, terribly sad news......

AYTCH
13th Jul 2010, 16:09
Ditto! :sad:

The B Word
13th Jul 2010, 19:25
Ad astra NTG...:(

Someday we will know, where the pilots go
When their work on earth is through.
Where the air is clean, and the engines gleam,
And the skies are always blue.

They have flown alone, with the engine’s moan,
As they sweat the great beyond,
And they take delight, at the awesome sight
of the world spread far and yon.

Yet not alone, for above the moan,
when the earth is out of sight,
As they make their stand, He takes their hand,
and guides them through the night.

How near to God are these men of sod,
Who step near death’s last door?
Oh, these men are real, not made of steel,
But He knows who goes before.

And how they live, and love and are beloved,
But their love is most for air.
And with death about, they will still fly out,
And leave their troubles there.

He knows these things, of men with wings,
And He knows they are surely true.
And He will give a hand, to such a man
‘Cause He’s a pilot too.

http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/hangar/2000/74sq/74tigers.JPG

BIGBAD
13th Jul 2010, 19:27
Very sorry to hear that, really nice guy, had a good couple of nights with Nick in Malahide drinking lots of guinness !

sympathies to friends and family

AdrianRycroft
14th Jul 2010, 18:24
Funeral will be on Fri 23rd. Contact me for details. [email protected]. Passed away peacefully with family with him.

London Eye
14th Jul 2010, 19:15
A tragic loss of another of life's really good guys. A great pilot, a good friend and a top bloke. God bless you Nick.

AdrianRycroft
14th Jul 2010, 19:53
From Nick's wife:

Dear All,

We can now confirm all the details for Nick's funeral.

As the title denotes Nick's close family wish this day to be a celebration of his life and would prefer black ties, hats, dresses etc to be replaced with colour, we trust you will understand.

To ensure everyone who wishes to be a part of this celebration, please forward on the below details to anyone you think would like to be made aware.

The details are:

Friday 23rd July

11.00am Church Service
St. John the Baptist Church
Kiddeminster Road
Bromsgrove

12 - 12.15 - Burial
Bromsgrove North Cemetery
Corner of Barleymow Lane & Birmingham Road
Marlbrook
Bromsgrove

1 - 1.30 Post Service Celebration
The Slug & Lettuce
126 - 130 High Street
Bromsgrove
B61 8EY

For those who wish to stop over on either the thursday or friday night the link for the nearest hotel is Premier Inn: http://www.premierinn.com/en/homeQuickSearch!execute.action (http://www.premierinn.com/en/homeQuickSearch!execute.action)

Car Parking may be very tight around the Church on Kidderminster Road, however, Asda Car Park is only a couple of minutes walk. Likewise the Cemetery is a couple of miles from the Church and it may be prudent for those who are able to "jump in" with others to do so as we shall be coming back to the Slug and Lettuce after the Cemetery which is only 2 minute walk back to Asda.

Given the incredible support that Nick and the close family received in this last 9 months, we would rather denotions be made rather than flowers. All donations will be split equally between "We are McMillan & The Primrose Hospice". The details for this are via the Funeral directors. Payments made out to "James Giles & Sons - Clients Account". Please advise with the payment who the denotion is from and in memory of Nick Walsh.

It would be a big help for those wishing to attend the Slug & lettuce to advise back to this email address numbers as we would like to cater for everyone attending.

Sam x

Four Types
15th Jul 2010, 17:09
I knew Nick back in the Wattisham days. One of life's nice guys. Sad times. Thoughts with the family.

Lima Juliet
16th Jul 2010, 21:27
Back to the top for those that surf Pprune at the weekend...

Fortissimo
20th Jul 2010, 19:13
I too knew Nick from his Wattisham days - one of the good guys. I remember his time as a sim instructor while he was getting fit again and we also flew together on 74. Condolences to Sam and family.

Four Types
10th Aug 2010, 16:39
Just checked my logbook. I flew my last ever F4J sortie with Nick, a transit out to Cyprus. RIP.