PDA

View Full Version : Doing recency in India for FAA CPL

k4mik4ze
10th Jul 2010, 09:07
Completed my FAA CPL, Jan, 2009. Is it possible to do my recency in India itself, will DGCA cause any trouble if I do so ?

And second, I did my multi flying in the Duchess, There are no duchesses in India currently flying so is it possible to change over to the Seneca, fly the required number of hours and submit paperwork accordingly for the Seneca ? Or do I have to do all this back again in the US ?

harsh786techy
10th Jul 2010, 14:17
u can do you rsingle engine here...but duchhess u have to fly in US...
if u dunn wana go to US then u have to do ur total multi flying again in seneca..
which is almost 8-10 hrs of flying and then giving the tech paper..
So...turns out to be much more costlier.

For exact information contact DGCA and follow the COnversion link

k4mik4ze
10th Jul 2010, 15:32
Contact DGCA ? That's easier said than done. :mad::mad:

Thanks, I thought that would be case for Seneca, well.. thats out of the question, I am planning to do the Seneca again however so I can save another trip to the US next time I need to do recency.

SuperflyTNT
10th Jul 2010, 20:17
I have a friend who did his intial multi training in the Duchess in America and got his Multi Engine on the Duchess.

When he went for his recency, he flew the Flying test by Day, Flight Test by Night and IPC, all the 3 checks required for a Multi Rating on the Piper Seneca. On his Indian license it says he has a multi rating on the Seneca. Recency was done in North America.

So, looking at his case I think you can do your Multi flights on the Seneca. Please mention this to DGCA while checking and go to the right person too. Good luck.

spedfast
10th Jul 2010, 20:49
k4mik4ze, to fly as PIC, the minimum you need is an Indian SPL and an FRTOL (Restricted). You should not begin to think of getting current in India should you not have these licenses.

k4mik4ze
11th Jul 2010, 06:33
Yeah I have everything ready, just need to do my recency.

You guys have any suggestions on US flight schools ? I've come across only a couple good ones searching, Is there a list of schools or something someplace where I can just go through and choose or something ?