PDA

View Full Version : DGCA conversion - flying tests

shon7
9th Jul 2010, 19:19
DGCA website states: General Flying Test report by day, night and Instrument Rating test (if IR desired) from an approved Flying training institute in India, if not carried out in a flying training institute approved by the regulatory authority of the ICAO Contracting State within the preceding six months of the date of application in DGCA.

I did my training in USA. How do I find out if the insitute I fly at is approved? Or do I have to give the flight tests again in INdia?

niksmathew24
10th Jul 2010, 04:00
Hi,
There should be a certificate of approval and registration given by FAA to your club in USA.
All you need to do is take a copy of that, attest it and send it to DGCA with other forms.

SuperflyTNT
10th Jul 2010, 20:54
I'm not sure of what @niksmathew has said, but I've heard so else where. What I did and the rest of my friends did were, send our I-20 along with the documents. We treated the I-20 to be "Approval of the Flying school from the state regulatory authority of the period during which training was done" and "Approval of the Flying school from the state regulatory authority of the period during which you went for recency again".

This was more than enough for us as we did not face any problems with it. Though I must let you know, the DGCA will retain your I-20's with them and you shall not get them back.

saurabhm_101
10th Jul 2010, 21:25
If the your flight school is Part 141 approved, just get a copy of the certificate issued by the FAA.

I requested our Chief Pilot to sign it as an attestation but he refused to sign the FAA certificate since he isn't an approved FAA authority to do so.

I submitted the copy of the certificate without attestation and had no issues with it.

You can try and call the DGCA and speak to someone in the Training & Licensing Department. If you're lucky, they'll help you out.

All the best.

shanx
10th Jul 2010, 21:26
The "approval" certificate that niksmathew24 is talking about is the FAA AIR AGENCY CERTIFICATE.

Just request your school for copy of their Air Agency Certificate and you're good to go.

captain-planet
11th Jul 2010, 06:01
the 'air agency certificate' works just fine.. it worked for me..

shon7
11th Jul 2010, 18:18
Thanks for the responses.

One more question - say its past six months that i have had any checkrides, before I submit my documents. Would a test similar to a Biennial with a CFI in the US count ?

Sahil Verma
12th Jul 2010, 12:16
Hi, i have small question..It actually relates to a friend..he has undergone a CPL flight test in a C182 in Australia..He has done a 250 and 120 nm Day and night checks on the Multi BE76..Does he also need to do a day and night check on the 182 in order to get his licence converted to DGCA since I believe it is required on all aircraft that we need an endorsement on..but he doesn't mind not getting an endorsement on c182 as long as he has on BE76...would it be mandatory due to his Ozzy CPL...?

I would highly appreciate if someone who understands what I am saying could guide me to guide my friend...

Thank you in advance..

sonagini
23rd Feb 2012, 22:29
How can we get the required - Approval of the flying school from the state regulatory authority -, from a part 61 school, for DGCA license conversion.

Part 61 schools does not have any approval certificate from the FAA.

Can any other document work apart from the school approval certificate fro DGCA conversion.