PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Aeronautical engineer

vino1988
9th Jul 2010, 10:20
Hi everybody out there...
i'm an aeronautical engineering graduate....but for the past one year i havent got a suitable job...can anyone give me some guidance and help me out in getting a overseas job....i'm interested and have good knowledge in Aerodynamics...

flame_bringer
9th Jul 2010, 15:03
Hi
I'm greatly sorry to say that, but your credit is hardly of any value in the industry, why did you not invoke an AML license instead of a college degree?
Anyhow if I was in your shoe I would work towards getting an A license, It won't be a difficult thing for you to get by in the AME license course considering that you already have a sufficient knowledge.
Good luck I wish I had a better advice to offer but that's off the top of my head.

Genghis the Engineer
9th Jul 2010, 16:43
flame_bringer is starting early on the common maintenance engineer's prejudice that the only engineers' jobs in this industry are those in maintenance. And yes, if you are looking for a maintenance job, his advice is correct.

However, with regard to design, research and management jobs, the position is also not good. To a large extent the universities push out more graduates than the industry can employ, but also this is true in pretty much any country with an aircraft industry - and any country will look first at its own graduates. Add to that a year unemployed and your chances are very poor.

You need, I think to be looking firstly to perhaps doing an appropriate MSc, and secondly to anything you can do to obtaining any relevant work experience - in any corner of graduate level engineering work. This may well have to be unpaid, but could even be on your own projects so long as it's with 'grown-ups' who can veriify the quality.

Take that sort of route and in 2-3 years you may become genuinely employable, although you won't have reached the point of posessing internationally saleable skills, and almost certainly need to stick to looking for your first job inside India.

G

spannersatcx
9th Jul 2010, 18:43
and don't bother with the A licence if you choose that route, go for the B.