PDA

View Full Version : Morrisons support muslims over Help for Heroes

Ginger Beer
9th Jul 2010, 06:08
A colleague was in Morrisons recently when the muslim till operator asked about his H4H wrist band. When it was explained that it was H4H, a charity to support the troops, the muslim till operator refused to serve him.

The manager was duly called and explained that the till operator had every right to refuse service. The rest of the queing patrons all left in disgust, as did the queing public on adjoining till ques.

They simply left their shopping and went elsewhere.

So will I.

:mad:

JEM60
9th Jul 2010, 06:51
HMMMMM. Why was this not all over the television and the national press? Or perhaps it didn't actually happen? If somebody is refused a hospital appointment, it ends up on local television these days. Why has nobody seen this before?. Not casting aspertions about your colleague, but taken with a pinch of salt by me.

Duchess_Driver
9th Jul 2010, 06:58
Similar incident was reported (IIRC) a few months ago.

I would sincerely hope that this is fiction, but somehow doubt it. Silly and sad world etc...

c-bert
9th Jul 2010, 06:59
JEM60 is correct. If this did really happen then I strongly recommend your colleague let the local news hounds know about it.

airpolice
9th Jul 2010, 07:04
More than a pinch:

This has the smell of too many variables. Which branch of Morrisons, when, can we be really sure it's not just made up by anti Muslim sentiment or worse, by the marketing folk at ASDA?

On the other hand, can you imagine the reaction to a customer refusing to be served by a Muslim in case it somehow helps the cause of an IED factory?

Which action do you suppose is more likely to result in the press making a big thing out of it?

Slightly off topic, a guy wearing a bangle, wtf? That's why H4H sell car stickers.

NutLoose
9th Jul 2010, 07:18
As for Asda

Asda till snub for Hope for Heroes mum | The Sun |News|Campaigns|Our Boys (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/2704029/Asda-till-snub-for-Hope-for-Heroes-mum.html)

Lukeafb1
9th Jul 2010, 07:21
There are too many reasons why Ginger Beer's story does not ring true. If the story as related, had even a grain of truth in it, the media would have jumped on it like a pack of wolves. With so many people dumping their shopping and walking out, wouldn't at least one of them have gone to the media. And as someone else has pointed out, the particular branch of Morrison was not identified. Why? Too easy to check the story??

In any case, for what conceivable reason could the Manager justify the till operator not serving this person. Unless the shopper was abusive (in which case Ginger Beer should have mentioned it), I doubt that there is any legitimate reason for the till operator's actions. If on the other hand, the story IS true........................?

Submitted before seeing Nutloose's contribution. The plot thickens.

Red Line Entry
9th Jul 2010, 07:33
C'mon Ginger.

Confirm that this really is a colleague and show that you are not just repeating internet gossip. Places, dates, names?

Although this IS an internet rumour network, we really do aim for a higher level of b@ll@cks than this!!!

Ginger Beer
9th Jul 2010, 07:48
i'll get the details

airpolice
9th Jul 2010, 07:51
Red Line,

Fantastic post!

Navy_Adversary
9th Jul 2010, 07:59
Nothing came up on Google, however Morrisons Leicester are alledged to sell Halal chocolate, whatever that is.:rolleyes:

Wholigan
9th Jul 2010, 08:09
I suggest we leave this thread closed until such time as some more substantial information can be found, at which time the thread starter can start another one with some more details and perhaps some proof.

Otherwise this thread will degenerate into a fight fest that we don't need in this forum!