PDA

View Full Version : Note of CAUTION Interviewing/Working in China.

Brookfield Abused
9th Jul 2010, 03:06
So you've applied to several Agents for various Airlines in China.

Here's the catch;
If you do a medical and the CAAC ATPL exam in China and pass, then the Airline that sponsored this OWNS your medical booklet and ATPL!

Now you decide to go to another Airline through another Agent before signing your Agreement.

WILL NOT WORK!

Why - the Airline can/will advise the CAAC about you, as you are entered into the CAAC Data Base.
Thus you will be denied any chance with the 2nd Agent/Airline.

Example- one friend applied to Hainan through Brookfield. Passed all but decided the "Agreements" changing terms and conditions and reputation of Brookfield and Hainan were too questionable.
He then had a potential offer with Air China through PARC.
Result- had to pay RMB 30,000 to release himself for Air China.
Paid the Agent (See above) and is now flying for Air China.

Another problem.
Once you start with your new Airline and Agent.
You simply cannot with the required Notice quit and go to another Chinese job.
Regardless of how you are treated, short payed or ignored.
Why - again the Airline has to release you through the CAAC!
Therefore it is a sure bet, you leave before your Agreement is over (1-3 yrs.) and you will be blacklisted in China for future employment by the CAAC with any airline.
NO WAY AROUND THIS!

Except - the Airline MUST relase your medical booklet and most importantly your ATPL Lic.! So you had better get an official release letter from them stating the fact. Good luck!

So I suggest you make sure such a shotgun clause is in your Agreement to your advantage!

fullforward
9th Jul 2010, 03:14
Excellent advise!
Congrats, buddy: that's a site like this is all about.:D

fly_fly
10th Jul 2010, 06:30
wasinc has scammed a lot of people this way...they like to sweet talk people on the phone then once they get over to china and locked in they get treated like dirt...:ouch:

please do some research so you don't get lied to by wasinc like I did.

SixPin
12th Jul 2010, 12:34
I’m talking to Brookfield now about a Hainan screening in Aug.

Brookfield Abused – Did you get this restriction removed from your contract?
Fly fly – Who is wasinc? :bored:

Priority Left
14th Jul 2010, 18:51
https://www.wasinc.aero/jobs/default.aspx

JotaJota
15th Jul 2010, 03:49
Brookfield Abused all good and REAL points.

Do your homework and think twice before screening or signing anything. I have TWO acquaintances not happy and tying to leave their current chinese airlines, and either they MUST pay or are blacklisted.

kwaiyai
15th Jul 2010, 09:09
Just out of interest how much will it cost and who is going to Blacklist them
Jota Jota?

JotaJota
15th Jul 2010, 12:58
A combination of the CAAC and the Airline that paid for your medical/sim ride/ATPL written. The airline must request to the CAAC the release of your ATPL/Medical certs., after released you might be able to work for another airline.

Without the airlines request to the CAAC, you certs will NOT be released. Therefore NO other airline can touch you. Period!

Cost: I have heard from $5-10k USD... :eek:

Brookfield Abused
15th Jul 2010, 13:03
Remember - the root of all of this are the Airlines.
If they do not adhere to the terms and conditions - they simply expect the Agency to pass of the shortfalls.
They all seem to do this without any remorse.
The Agency collects their fee (usually min. USD 1000/mo.) and why should they care - UNLESS you are playing the legal option card.
Seems GPS is the best of the worst!

fullforward
16th Jul 2010, 06:35
May I suggest, as we have this wonderful tool which is this website, we could build an agencies/airlines rank, based on dependability, reputation, experiences.
An interesting thread could be started.
It's simply not acceptable that things like VOR Holdings, Wasinc, Rishworth and likes could still be existing by continuously lying, exploiting, being blatantly dishonest on professionals that fall on their hands. Enough is enough!

hongkongfooey
16th Jul 2010, 11:31
Hainan are a bunch of lying :mad:s !
They will happily see you move your family half way around the world on lies and broken promises, I have never experienced anything like it. They even BS to the media and the fools print it. In their defence, I think they do it so well and so often they actually believe their own crap.
Watch your 6 :eek:

Brookfield Abused
16th Jul 2010, 12:23
Sure we could TRY and RANK these Agencies.
BUT look at all the Banners just a few inches up your screen.
Sadly the Paying Customers may have the right to pressure and have MR. MODERATOR delete as he feels????

SixPin
17th Aug 2010, 12:26
What's needed is for someone to host a basic page on an independent web site/forum where agencies & employers can be scored.:ok::=

I would, but don't have a clue about such things.:confused:

SixPin
17th Aug 2010, 13:05
Brookfield Abused.:)

Seems GPS is the best of the worst! :\

Can't find GPS, are they an agent?:confused:
How do you know they are not as bad a the dredded Brookfield?:=