PDA

View Full Version : LAN/AeroAsis Colombia

Heading090
8th Jul 2010, 14:13
Does anybody have any info about AeroAsis in Colombia??? future plans, minimum requirements for pilots ( capt. and FO)??:confused:

Desert_Storm
9th Jul 2010, 02:06
Hola!

Hasta donde se, LANCO y Aeroasis operaran como dos companias independientes aunque LAN hasta el momento le presta asesoria a la segunda. Lo mejor que puedes hacer es acercarte al edificio del World Trade Centre en Bogota (el que queda en la calle 100) y pasarte por el sexto piso que es donde queda la oficina de Aeroasis. La persona encargada de HR es un ex capitan de Aces aunque no me acuerdo de su nombre (Capt. Jorge algo). Creo que van a operar A-320 por el momento y el primer grupo de pilotos ya esta en Chile en el simulador. Suerte!!!!

cefecalde81
13th Jul 2010, 01:22
Mire estos son son lo numeros telefonicos de Aeroasis en Bogota:
6165796 y 6160818

Heading090
15th Jul 2010, 16:33
Thnkx, gracias....

But, if anyone knows the minimum requirements for Capt position... just post it here....

thank you again.:ok:

Unlikely
30th Jul 2010, 15:35
Hey Guys.. I have some news about AerOasis.

They are desperately looking for type rated pilots.. they are willing to hire A320 F/O's and give them the left seat. The salary for a captain is 11.800.000COP (6400USD), F.Os will make considerably less than that. The head of HHRR in charge for the selection process is Maria Angelica. Try to get in contact with her. She's a cute young shrink, so go see her.

For a captain job you must hold a Colombian passport, I know you can make it to the left seat with 5000TT and less than 1500 PIC (this may be less if you are a Bus rated driver). Remember no foreigners allowed to fly a Colombian registered aircraft as Captains. Foreign F.Os can apply as long as they have a Colombian residence. Remember Colombia is very restrictive country when it comes to foreign pilots, even tough there are hundreds of Colombian pilots flying abroad, how ironic!

The technical test has a lot of questions from the FAA ATP written exam (so get that book). It also has some questions about Chilean regulations and there's a part with some basics of navigation (they use A320 displays to ask in which radial are you, etc.)

The psycho-technical test has some basic maths questions (even equations), and the typical sequence of numbers, words and figures that you have to complete.

After you are done with that you'll have two interviews, one is technical (questions about decision making and if you are type rated expect systems questions, specially if you are interviewed by Capt. Rudy Stange). And the other is psychological, if you are working elsewhere they'll focus a lot in your reasons to leave your current employer (so be ready for that), if you have colleagues who went through the process they'll ask you about them (doesn't seem very professional to me).
That's the whole process, if you pass then you'll be requested to produce your documents and sign the contract. That contract will be signed with AerOasis, so far they are still denying their relationship with LanChile, even though there are Chileans involved in the selection process. AerOasis has been a paper airline for years with no access to capital to start up, so I guess Lan will provide the capital and take over once the airplanes start flying. This will not be well received among already establish airlines so expect law suits from Avianca.

The first group of pilots has already been sent to Miami for training and there's another course planned to start by the end of September. AeroOasis or LanColombia (LanCo already exists) will launch operations by year end with 2 old A320 and will likely have 5 by early next year. Judging by the way Lan operates AerOasis will get Lan's leftovers. Chileans have the priority when it comes to driving the new buses.

I have not information about the working conditions, but as far as I know LanChile has a very bad reputation about the way their employees are treated and I know many have left, specially from LanPeru and LanEcuador.

Good luck to all of you!!