PDA

View Full Version : Clubtogether (merged)

newt
8th Jul 2010, 12:17
Hi All

Just recieved a letter from Head of Veterans Services about Clubtogether. Supposed to be a club for ex-Servicemen and supported by Xafinity. Anyone know if this is genuine and worth joining?

Rossian
8th Jul 2010, 13:04
I received this morning a mailshot which claims to be from Head of Veterans Services,Personnel and Veterans Agency. Asking to fill in a survey, "win a chance to double next month's pension".
Am I being overly cautious and suspicious in wondering WTH the Paymaster is doing this for?
Any one have any more detail about this scheme??

The Ancient Mariner

It's Not Working
8th Jul 2010, 13:21
Ross

Just one paragraph from their web site:

Third parties may deliver some of our products to you or provide all or part of the service requested by you. In these instances, whilst the information you provide will be disclosed to them, it will only be used for the administration of the service provided and to maintain management information for business analysis.

I want SPVA to pay my pension and not offer me car insurance or crinoline trousers nor sell my contact details to 'Third Parties' who will no doubt sell it on to other third parties; their survey was filed under 13.

Rossian
8th Jul 2010, 13:22
Mods merge this with newt's thread on the same subject, below. At least I'm not the only cynical old b^&ger in here (even though retired, sorry chaps)

Art Field
8th Jul 2010, 14:19
Went straight into the bin along with all the rest of the rubbish that comes though the letter box these days. At least it gives the dog something to attack.

philrigger
8th Jul 2010, 14:24
;)

Binned that straight away! What a cheek!!!!!!!!

SPVA - Just make sure my pension is paid on time.

:=:=:=:=:=

newt
8th Jul 2010, 17:52
Thanks Chaps. I too think it is a complete scam and will bin the offending material right now!:ok:

BEagle
8th Jul 2010, 19:49
Having read it carefully (and yes, it is rather turgid), I just ticked the options which seemed entirely reasonable. Such as "Learn more about government entitlements now I'm retired" - which sort of admits that the time wasting trip to Aldershot I had to endure didn't tell me everything.....

I sent mine back to them, having ensured that the 'marketing' boxes were firmly 'un-ticked' (sorry to sound a bit Umerrikan...:( ).

All in all, it seemed to indicate to me that SPVA realise that they need to do more for us old farts. The first unsolicited bit of junk mail which I receive as a result will cause them pain......

Sometimes you get your own back on marketing $hit though. I had a "Why didn't you accept our offer" whinge-o-gram from Privilege today, after I'd refused their ludicrous insurance figure for my Teutonic tourer. Given a good 'shared knowledge' ex-service web-group, we old buggers can wield a pretty potent stick to such companies! Maybe 'Clubbabysealstogether' can deliver that?

NutLoose
8th Jul 2010, 20:19
you can unsubscribe to all this rubbish that comes in your mails, as you can for unwanted phone advertising,

see

Beat Cold Callers & Junk Mail: Get free 'no cold callers' sign which they now must obey... (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/no-more-junk)

Myself as they have to pay for the return postage I taped one really persistant companies mail (even after I had contacted them to desist) to a heavy section of wrapped scrap timber on which I wrote the next junk mail will be attached to household bricks, put their return address on the envelope and popped it in the post office.... never got another oddly enough... must of took the hint..:ok:

heard of people putting used nappies in the mail, but you can get done for that...

then I discovered the links above and signed up...... wont get rid of the yank selling holidays though or the odd one that thinks I would like to do an on the phone survey....... :*

Cornish Jack
9th Jul 2010, 10:36
Those of us who have had the misfortune to have had dealings with Xaffinity (where on earth did that name come from???) will, I suspect, know EXACTLY how to deal with this unbelievable piece of garbage. Unimpressed? Me? well, maybe just a little:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::ugh::ugh::ugh: