PDA

View Full Version : Singapore

Bobs-Your-Uncle
8th Jul 2010, 07:48
Hi all.

I'm contemplating a move to Singapore. I'd love to live and work (fly) from there as UK aviation is dead.

I realise I need to apply for a "Conversion of Non-Singapore Professional Pilot's Licence to a Singapore Professional Pilot's Licence". It mentions multi-crew time. Will they not recognise my sinlge pilot instructing time from the UK? Have around 1600hours total and the JAA ATPL is Frozen.

Also, it seems like some employers want people to be resident in Singapore before inviting them for interview or even looking at a resume/CV. Is this true?

Any info or advice would be great.

If any potential employers reading this :ok::ok::ok:

Cheers/Bob

Touch'n'oops
8th Jul 2010, 16:46
Hi Bob,

Got more info on the break down of your hours.

As for the living in the UK and commuting. I would say that is a non-starter.

FMGCS
8th Jul 2010, 17:03
Don't worry about doing your own conversion. The company that hires you will do the work. You need a sponsor anyway (at least that makes things go more smooth). Your hours are fine. Need minimum 700 hrs to convert a foreign license. so that is not a problem. Go and apply to the airlines.! I know of guys that have been hired with single engine time only. Luck is all you need. Wishing you the best.

thornycactus
9th Jul 2010, 02:30
Go and apply to the airlines.! I know of guys that have been hired with single engine time only. Luck is all you need. Wishing you the best.
It could be many years ago that you knew those guys being hired! :=

Read the latest news here. Read post #558 onwards (http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/213914-singaporean-self-sponsored-cpl-holders-where-you-28.html) [<- right click] Local guys can't even get hired and you are encouraging a foreigner to join? :ugh: