PDA

View Full Version : Mcci (a) / (h)

sarboy w****r
7th Jul 2010, 18:44
Hi All,

I can find in LASORS reference to the requirements to become a MCCI(A), however I can find no reference to an equivalent qualification for helicopters. Am I being obtuse or blind and need to look harder, or is there such a thing as an MCCI(H) qualification, and what are the requirements please?

Also, assuming there is such a qualification, is there a training provider within the UK that offers such a course that will lead to the issue of an MCCI(H) qualification?

Cheers,

SBW

sarboy w****r
8th Jul 2010, 12:55
Does anyone know what happens for those needing MCC Certificates for multi-pilot helicopters at present please? Do people just do a fixed-wing MCC course?

Thanks,

SBW

paco
8th Jul 2010, 14:17
As I understand the situation, the big boys do their own mcc so the market for helicopters is very small, therefore a fixed wing course is acceptable. But go check!

Phil

Non-PC Plod
8th Jul 2010, 14:20
No such thing as MCCI(H) - stupid anomaly, because the assumption is that all TRI(H) and SFI(H) are automatically competent to teach MCC. Best bet if you need a multi-crew TR is to do an integrated TR and MCC course. That way you get to practice multi-crew procedures on the type you are learning, not on some random generic FTD. Also you get some hours exemptions if you do it all on the same FFS. Ask your TRTO - they should be able to advise.