PDA

View Full Version : NZ/OZ pilots at A-Net Q400

DashQ
7th Jul 2010, 08:28
Hi all. I'm looking for the opinions of Kiwis or Australians who are doing the A-Net Q400 contract. My wife and I have been to Japan on two other occasions and love the place so I am considering the opportunity (prviding I can get an interview of course).

- Is it possible to take leave without pay from my current employer?
- Is it possible to end the contract early? Say, after 2 years?
- What are the apartments like? Do they help with finding a place?
- Do they still cover tickets to/from the interview if you turn the position down for what ever reason?

Cheers in advance

gilbertmchris
8th Jul 2010, 11:02
Hi,

I am also interested in the above questions plus any clarification on the "Japanese style log books"

I have read on here that the "hardest part of the application was converting logbooks"

I have applied through parc and as yet have not been asked to provide anything other than a copy of the last few pages of my JAA logbook.

Also for those who have applied recently, how long did you wait until you were invited to interview? It has been two weeks since Parc received all the required bits and with the Seattle interviews next month it's getting a bit tight to get the time off.

Cheers

Chris

SaskRider
8th Jul 2010, 18:08
-They didn't seem concerned I was furloughed from my present employer.
-They were rigid on the duration of the contract. If you leave early you have to give 90 days notice or owe them a lot money ($15 or 30k US I was told). If you give notice I believe your free and clear.
-They have an English speaking employee at the airport monday-friday to help with housing questions or bills... not sure if they will help you find a place though.
-They will reimburse you for your ticket if you buy it. I would make sure you have the check before you turn THEM down though or I doubt you will see it.
-Yes, converting your logbook totals are a pain, big time... but if you want a job with them get used to it. Its their way or the highway.

I used CReW but the info should be the same. I was scheduled for screening end of June in Seattle... so this is recent info. They do a good job hiding the contract info before you get an offer so you have to pry them for it.

DashQ
14th Jul 2010, 02:16
Thanks Saskrider

Any one else have any info?