PDA

View Full Version : EU lifted Ban on 'Air Asia' to fly to Europe

Ejector
7th Jul 2010, 05:51
I thought Air Asia X was already flying to UK daily. I know they are having issues with investigators in Australia for dangerous flying after multiple violations of Breaking minimas into YBCG this year.

"EU officially lifts flight ban on Batavia Air, Air Asia
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

The European Commission officially lifted on Tuesday its flight ban on Batavia Air and Air Asia.

The two airlines could now fly to Europe following the removal of the flight ban, kompas.com reported Wednesday."

EU officially lifts flight ban on Batavia Air, Air Asia | The Jakarta Post (http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/07/07/eu-officially-lifts-flight-ban-batavia-air-air-asia.html)

Arabian Mustang
7th Jul 2010, 06:01
I believe that the ban was on Indonesia Air Asia operating the older 737's with an indonesian AOC.

Ejector
7th Jul 2010, 06:24
OK, I see the difference, Air Asia X is ok but ban Air Asia can now fly from Indo. I spose the mother ship in KL fixed the problems what ever they were.

Mods, change the title to Air Asia Indonesia if you like to make it more clear and not give Air Asia in other countries bad stigma.

Ndicho Moja
8th Jul 2010, 02:42
Ejector, FYI Air Asia is not unlike Jet Star in that it is a brand. There is Air Asia from Malaysia, there is Air Asia from Indonesia and then there is Air Asia in Thailand. Each one more than likely operating under its own AOC. Jet Star has an Australian brand, JQ, Singapore JSA and Jet Star Vietnam.

Touch'n'oops
8th Jul 2010, 16:48
Doesn't matter which AirAsia country, they are all dangerous!

Ndicho Moja
9th Jul 2010, 00:35
Touch'n'oops, that could be construed as slander. Tread carefully.

a345xxx
9th Jul 2010, 03:57
I don't think so... his statement is ambiguous at best... dangerous... to whom or what or where?

Sunstar320
9th Jul 2010, 06:59
Very Inexperienced crew
Very Hard landings
Fleet not maintained well
Management in Denial about this
I could go on..

Should see the pics of the recent A333 that rammed into the terminal.

Scare Asia :ok:

Touch'n'oops
9th Jul 2010, 11:13
Ndicho Moja, when you've worked for them you know!