PDA

View Full Version : RAF Ben Fund?

k1rb5
5th Jul 2010, 22:45
Anybody got any good gen on these guys helping out anyone down on their luck?

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
6th Jul 2010, 00:16
k1rb5

I believe our chum, Bob O'Connor's fiance got some help, being in a spot due to Bob's failure to write a will. It ain't a secret, 'cos it was on a webpage somewhere.

beardy
6th Jul 2010, 08:07
I don't want to divulge names, but yes I know of good things. A good friend left his wife with no mortgage life cover upon his sudden death. The fault was neither deliberate nor an oversight, it was 'in the post.' The BF acted swiftly to help her retain the house.
Why do you ask, surely you don't doubt?

26er
6th Jul 2010, 08:16
RAFBF 0207 580 8343. They are there for us all.

Vortex_Generator
6th Jul 2010, 09:46
You may be better off going through your local SSAFA caseworker who will deal with the RAFBF on your behalf.

26er
6th Jul 2010, 18:41
k1rb5 For info the SSAFA contact in Gloucestershire is 01452 520255. However although normally RAFBF ask SSAFA to do the casework it can be initiated either way.

Vim_Fuego
7th Jul 2010, 13:37
To cut out one of the loops approach SSAFA on their national confidential helpline. If you go to the RAFBF direct they then either write or email to the branch or divisional secretary of your local SSAFA. If it goes to branch it then has to be sent onto the div sec which is another loop. Once the div sec has it he/she will allocate a caseworker who will arrange a visit to assess the clients needs and report back to the RAFBF their findings. The caseworker may also identify other funds to be approached and other needs the client may not have realised existed such as respite breaks or holidays for children.

I'm a div sec...In my very busy division the turnaround from the client picking up the phone or writing the initial email to me getting a caseworker, unless the case is labelled as urgent for some reason, can be 2-4 weeks due to the reasons alluded to in the above paragraph...plus I may not have a caseworker available to visit you at that point. In essence get things moving as soon as you can. The longer you leave it the harder it can be for us to sort out.

k1rb5
9th Jul 2010, 19:09
No reason to doubt at all. Just on a bit of a bad streak of luck/health and wondered if they were likely to be able to help out

ian16th
10th Jul 2010, 14:24
Your local RAFA Branch will have a RAFBF Liaison Officer and a Welfare Officer.

My RAFA Branch acts as liaison for several RAFBF benificiaries.