PDA

View Full Version : F/O taken ill

A345
5th Jul 2010, 19:48
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/emergencies/emirates-flight-to-amman-recalled-to-dubai-after-co-pilot-is-taken-ill-1.650511
Any updates? wishing a speedy recovery to the F/O.

Fellowship of the drink
6th Jul 2010, 05:24
I wish the FO a speedy recovery.

Toungue in cheek: I sure hope it wasn't fatigue or the FO ran out of 2 days self sick certification during the first week of July :E

Payscale
6th Jul 2010, 12:35
I am not a doctor but I hear it was angina symptoms.
All the best

EK380
6th Jul 2010, 13:11
Update from A.S. at standards meeting today; F/O was taken to Medcare. Spend the night in intensive care. Stable now and planned to come out of intensive care tonight (TUE).

Captain and the rest of the crew did an excellent job.... A.S. words!

EFC 3 DAYS
6th Jul 2010, 13:20
Who gives a rats a@@ what AS has to say about this or anything else in the world???
According to EK guys this AS man is a T@@L (T@@L) yet some pilots fall over themselves posting that AS thought the crew did well!!!
Praise AS for doing something useful like taking a 200 metre walk off a 100 metre pier!!!

Firestorm
6th Jul 2010, 15:42
At least his BMI was under 30. That ensures good health.

flaphandlemover
6th Jul 2010, 18:29
Ever heard anything negative from AS? He always jumps on to the stage when it comes down to be the nice guy and do a bit PR....

Otherwise he sends in his PUPPET, former ED!
They have to deal with the BS (=AR)

So i think, it is good that AS thinks, that the crew has done an excellent job and that i think that it is good to think that this is good that AS thinks it is good....
:ugh::ugh:

EY346Driver
6th Jul 2010, 19:26
Best wishes and a speedy recovery to the F/O.

Schnowzer
7th Jul 2010, 02:06
Amazing how guys, some of whom don't even work for EK, manage to turn a thread about an FO incapacitated and taken to hospital in a critical condition into a rant about management...........:ugh:

God is it so awful having a secure job and working hard for less pay than you might want that all you can do in your life is bitch. I mean what could be worse? Oh yeah, lying in a hospital bed in critical condition hoping you will live. Nothing like a bit of perspective......

To the unfortunate gentleman I wish a speedy recovery and hope you will be back on line soon. :)

EK380
7th Jul 2010, 05:49
Excellent said Schnowzer!!!!

Wishing a quick recovery for the F/O involved...

EFC 3 DAYS
7th Jul 2010, 07:04
My initial response to this post was not to berate EK management, thats something which is done here on PPRUNE on a daily basis quite successfully, rather it was to point out how ridiculous it was to post the following statement
"Captain and the rest of the crew did an excellent job.... A.S. words!"
If you dont see anything wrong in the above sentence, exclamation point and all, then fair nuff.....
But "A.S. words!" Really?????? Seriously?????? :rolleyes:

fliion
8th Jul 2010, 13:08
EFC

Dial 2. You're post is pointless. Get some rest and lose the hating schtick.

To the sick FO. We all wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you back soon.

f.

SassyPilotsWife
9th Jul 2010, 21:16
First of all, my prayers ( including the 5 announced daily) to the FO and his family. May god grant you a speedy recovery and faster flight out of the UAE so that you can receive competent care if infact, it is dx as cardiac. We have all seen what EK's offered medical care is capable of ie. Liz, the FA and her dx of a hernia by EK clinics when infact she was in labor. ( God was on her side though allowing her to wait and deiliver in SA). Not to mention a wonderful pilot, father, son and father who died due to screw ups at a hospital in AL Ain of which has barely managed to regain their JACO Int'l affiliation after failing twice. Pathetic that AS would use this circumstance to applaud and attempt to gain free PR !

ProteaPete
10th Jul 2010, 12:03
SassyPilotsWife can you please pray to your god for a new job for me. I've tried praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster but he's not taking calls this week. I'm glad you pray five times a day - it means less work for the rest of us.

WRT the sick pilot, That CAS probably had both the pilots removed from roster (after the trip was completed) while they looked for some way to blame them for the disruption.

I'd be very happy to praise T C for having a backbone and some decency if he stood up and admitted to all the lies he's told us over the years.