PDA

View Full Version : Servisair Dispatch Interview

750XL
5th Jul 2010, 11:58
Hello all,

I've been offered an interview for dispatch at Servisair and was wondering what sort of stuff I could expect in the interview :ok:

Thanks,

750XL

Tom355uk
5th Jul 2010, 12:40
Where is that if you don't mind me asking?

I've been looking for a dispatch job at BHX or EMA for 12 months and haven't seen anything appear!

Any pointers in the right direction or from the right people much appreciated.

scr1
5th Jul 2010, 14:04
a very basic understanding of aviation

JamesKirk
5th Jul 2010, 22:53
Lets face it Servisair should be done under the trades descriptions act for using the term "Dispatchers" as none of their staff are trained to complete loadsheets, they are all just button pushers who rely on a poor CLC to complete the L/S & send it back.
When the system go's down its up to the crews to do their own manuals.

The96er
6th Jul 2010, 09:28
Lets face it Servisair should be done under the trades descriptions act for using the term "Dispatchers" as none of their staff are trained to complete loadsheets

Not all - there are those who have joined from other handling agents (although not by choice) who are quite skilled and adept at doing both computer and manual loadsheets and for those guys, standing at the gate waiting 15mins for a L/S whilst someone in CLC who has never seen an Aircraft before is frustrating as hell !!

Shiner Pilot
6th Jul 2010, 23:43
James Kirk really,

I worked as a despatcher for Gatwick Handling and servisair and all of the traffic officers, despatchers, load controllers blar blar blar, could compile a manual loadsheet for a shorts 360 right up to a 747 in a few mins flat. Lots of the people I worked with were ex RAF, airline, pilots or were professionally trained.

Despatchers do a vey hard job uder lots of pressure... Don't ever forget that!

SP

dublindispatch
11th Jul 2010, 11:28
Not to mention airlines that it is part of the contract that Servisair do complete the manual w and b if there is a system outage. In fact in some airlines it can be aircraft type specific who does what type of w+b documentaion.

Flyboy543
11th Jul 2010, 16:25
"none of their staff are trained to complete loadsheets"

What about the manual loadsheets for Ryanair flights? I guess they just put a few numbers here and there and hope for the best?