PDA

View Full Version : Info Req For Air Hong Kong Interview

ATPL Looking4work
5th Jul 2010, 06:12
Hi all,

I am an Australian ATPL pilot and have recently been given an Interview in September for an A300 First Officer's position. Any genuine information regarding the process, interviews, what I should expect or any other further information would be greatly appreciated as I do want to do well.

Thanks in advance.

ReverseFlight
6th Jul 2010, 02:11
What are your hours ? Sounds like you may have at least a few hundred hours on turboprops, such is the ballpark entry level at AHK.

ATPL Looking4work
6th Jul 2010, 09:55
Hi Reverse Flight, Thankyou for the reply.

My hours are 2750 total,750 RPT multi crew turbine, with international ops in that as well. Over 1500 command and about 660 multi command as well...

Do you know of any work going arpund or any info on AHK. If so that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

bila
6th Jul 2010, 10:59
Do you know of any work going arpundWith your experience, you will definitely be better off trying for CX or KA... long term career, experience and exposure. :ok:

Have you not tried Jetstar. ;)

Good luck!

boxjockey
6th Jul 2010, 14:14
you will definitely be better off trying for CX or KA... long term career, experience and exposure.

Bwah hahahahahahah!!!!! Oh, you kill me, you really do!!!

box

ReverseFlight
7th Jul 2010, 01:43
ATPL, apart from the technical side, they are really looking for a good fit so relax and you'll be alright.

hongkongfooey
7th Jul 2010, 01:44
CX or KA... long term career

Long term career is spot on, 15+ years to command in CX and somewhere between 7-20 for KA :{
You would however earn considerably more as a CX/KA F/O than a AHK skipper, mind you it's academic as CX/KA not hiring F/Os at the moment to my knowledge.
ATPL, AHK not a bad outfit and for the days off you get, the money is not bad, some good people there too. Just get used to being the poorest cousin of CX ( KA being top poor cousin ) and don't worry too much about your rich relatives COS's, and you'll be fine.

ATPL Looking4work
8th Jul 2010, 06:09
Thanks for the reply, yeah have tried Cathay but they're not hiring to my knowledge...well at least I haven't heard anything. Hopefully it goes well...any other info would be great too. ;)

ATPL Looking4work
8th Jul 2010, 06:11
Thanks...have tried Jetstar Australia but they said about 6months before I am possibly interviewed....I should try Jetstar Asia or even Tiger for that fact I guess. AHK would be good if it all happenas nice machine and well Iguess KA and CX would be a dream...

ATPL Looking4work
8th Jul 2010, 06:18
Hongkong fooey-thanks for that info...yeah I gathered CX and KA would have more money and longer command...however it's nice to hear something positive about AHK. Here in oz as flight crew generally you don't get paid much in the global scheme of things...limited oppourtunity and definitely not the same benefits.... but thats how it is and we all try to stay positive-at least i do. So I am looking forward to it and obviously wanting to do well..If all goes well and CX doesn't happen for me I would be happy to stay at AHK from the outside looking in....hopefully their right fit is me too.

From past threads I have read it does seem like you know a fair bit about wither the company or flying in Asia-any other info on AHK or other companies would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou for your help.

hongkongfooey
9th Jul 2010, 02:45
There is one other thing about AHK tho, the bond is pretty huge, about 30K USD over 3 years ( it might be more ? ) and they will follow you to the ends of the earth if you try to default on it.
If you can get a decent job in Oz ( yes I know, getting more and more difficult ) take it, the grass and cash might be greener here but the stuff you REALLY depend on for survival, Air, is not ( well actually it is grey )
Good luck

you can PM me if you wish

xdc9er
9th Jul 2010, 03:24
Hi,
The bond for Jet rated was 60K/3 yrs , (3 yrs ago) have heard it is now
90K for jet /nonjet .
X

Cpt. Underpants
9th Jul 2010, 03:54
ATPL and others, FYI:

I wouldn't recommend trying a position with AHK first in the hopes that you will be able to apply for a CX job when hiring picks up - there is a tacit agreement that CX won't poach from AHK (and vice versa!!?)

flyhardmo
9th Jul 2010, 08:12
I wouldn't bother applying for Cx anymore unless you want to be hired on local terms ie no housing allowance. Thats includes DESO's. Those idiots with hours applying for the cadet scheme made sure of that. :ugh:
The new D scale.

Mogas
14th Jul 2010, 14:36
The website asked for 1000 jet hours. Does that still apply?

Capt Toss Parker
15th Jul 2010, 02:11
Don't forget COS 08 scale ? For years we sold out the B scale guys then we had the rules changes so we could come back for another ten years! Better than going to Korean or Vietnam don't even have to move house OR lose seniority!