PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet hiring DEP again soon??

foreveragain
4th Jul 2010, 11:51
Any chance that the recent CEO change (and/or the alleged big exodus of first officers to EK) will lead to the hiring of the pilots in the holding pool since summer 2008, or to new selections for DEPs? (I mean hired on permanent basis according to the present uk/continent terms and conditions, not interested in any lower salary/contract/etc.. )

Regards

p.s.
according to some italian aviation forums they are cancelling 3/5 flights EVERY DAY in milan, plus many are seriously deleyed, could this be due to crew shortage?

Abbey Road
6th Jul 2010, 10:22
You need to be reading this thread?

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/419985-ezy-stoops-new-lows.html

Callsign Kilo
6th Jul 2010, 11:41
I would sincerely doubt EZY will hire DE crew any time soon. FO positions will be filled by CTC cadets, alongside any other cadet scheme that the airline plans to participate in (ie Oxford/Parc). This "mass exodus" to EK seems to be more hot air than anything else. The same thing has been predicted within my lot, however many have been put off by previous stories suggesting that the green green grass in Dubai really ain't all that green! I seriously don't believe that Emirates will get the numbers that they need from existing European based crew this time around!