PDA

View Full Version : career as a pilot in u.s.

chen12
3rd Jul 2010, 19:04
hi all
good day
i am from israel and my dream is to make a career as a pilot but i want to know something:i wish my self to be an american citizen because i am from israel and i dont want to return back to israel so therefore i check options to be an american citizen
how can i to it?
i talked with delta academy connection and i am interest in their program which makes me in the end a flight instructor
do they make me an atpl pilot in the end too?or just an instructor?
so they told me that when i start work as an instructor in the academy i can work there 1 year and then return home
i heared something that ican work 1 year and then try to get a job in an airline and get a work visa
is that true?
thanx and have a good shabat all
chen montag
israel

MarkerInbound
3rd Jul 2010, 20:32
You would need a "green card" (which shows your permanent residence status) BEFORE you could get an airline job in the US.

Since to get the ATP you have to have 1500 hours flight time (over 4 hours a day every day for a year) I doubt Delta would get you an ATP. If you instructed a lot you could get it at the end of your year instructing.

guiones
4th Jul 2010, 03:39
Chen, you can pay all the money, get your licenses work for 1 year legally after that at very, very low wages but none of that will get you close to a permanent job in the US, you will not get an interview without the right to work in the US. There is no easy way to get the right to work in the US and no Airline will sponsor you for the proper Visa, which would be the H1B, it would be really hard to justify your extraordinary expertize to qualify for it. Read the requirements and you will see why.

Do not try to marry just for papers, that will put both of you eventually in jail.

Sorry to be so negative, but it will save you money in the long run.

PM me if you need more info on my serious comments.

G