PDA

View Full Version : To GreatWall Airline Management

FlyByWire1
3rd Jul 2010, 18:36
To all pilots and GreatWall Airlines management need to get some info:

- What is the max joining age as a typed rated capt?
- What is the max retirement age? 65 I presume?
- How do you derive the starting salary based on experience from the salary scale of between 40,000rmb-60,000
Say for a typed rated B744 capt with approx 18,000t hours with at least 4,000 hrs PIC on type?
- If you apply online how long can u expect to wait for a reply or call for interview?
- What can u expect from the interview or sim cx?

Many thanks appreciate for all the replies and look foward to it....Cheers

free at last
4th Jul 2010, 01:49
Make sure they pay the 40% plus income taxes. Good Luck

burnable gomi
4th Jul 2010, 05:25
Well I can't answer your question but is that really the salary!!?? that's US$6-9000! I sure hope there's a lot more components to the salary than just that.

bigduke6
4th Jul 2010, 16:43
I believe currently CAAC only lets local Chinese fly past age 60. Age rule still applies to foreigners.

firepoint
6th Jul 2010, 03:16
Great Wall will pay tax for local staff, not sure what they do for foreigners.

cyco
19th Jul 2010, 11:08
What is the max joining age as a typed rated capt?
Max age is 60for flying in China, there is some work to get this extended, however this is on a case by case basis, with a min req of 5 years experience in China.

- What is the max retirement age? 65 I presume?
See above

- How do you derive the starting salary based on experience from the salary scale of between 40,000rmb-60,000
Supply and demand it seems.

Say for a typed rated B744 capt with approx 18,000t hours with at least 4,000 hrs PIC on type?
Go for 60 000
Housing is 14000rmb/month
Education 10000rmb/month
travel 5000rmb/month

- If you apply online how long can u expect to wait for a reply or call for interview?
I heard there are some interviews early August.

- What can u expect from the interview or sim cx?
When called for interview, you can expect panel interview (background, expectations etc) CAAC ATPL exam (GWL website has past questions) so study prior to comming. CAAC medical.

firepoint
20th Jul 2010, 01:40
Anyone heard the merge between Great Wall Airlines and China Eastern?
Assuming it may affect the crew as well.

Nickla
3rd Aug 2010, 00:23
Hi, any Great Wall Airlines First Officer!

According to the HR department of GWA there is a upgrade program for FO to route Captain and from Route Captain to Full Captain.
Is this true? And are there any FO's on this program? Or is any upgrade still future talk?

I am a SFO from SQC with lots of hours on the B744, but in need of P1 time..

firepoint
10th Aug 2010, 04:50
Up to now I didn't heard any SFO upgrade to Captain in GWL. As per CAAC rules, the FO of B744 can't be upgraded to Captain directly. FO shall have to be the captain of smaller aircraft, i.e. B737, B757. then they can be further upgraded to the captain of B744. Unfortunately GWL does not has such smaller aircaft. In GWL, they assign some senior FO as the RPIC of the flight, something like the acting captain under condition that only one captain onboard.

Nickla
10th Aug 2010, 05:35
Thanks firepoint,

I guess that the merge between Great Wall Airlines and China Eastern didn't help then. I hoped that this would open the possibility for a SFO to become a Captain on a China Eastern (smaller) aircraft for a short time, before returning to the right hand seat on the GWA B744. (Similar Like they do at Jade Cargo..)

Well then GWA will see their FO’s leave over time as well..